PDA

View Full Version : BOG dinner Ressies for December :(

dkmwong
06-08-2013, 07:49 AM
It is 180 days out to make reservations today for our trip in December. I can't believe that there were no availabilities for Be Our Guest, I called first thing this morning and checked on line :( What a bummer...

AllDisney
06-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Same thing happened to us a few days ago at our 180 day mark:mad:

We'll keep trying and hope for the best:mickey:

1goofyfamily
06-08-2013, 12:27 PM
yeah same here. it was the only ADR that we wanted that we didn't get.

DisneyDawgette
06-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Keep trying! When in doubt, do lunch! :)

buzznwoodysmom
06-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Just keep trying! As a back up, plan on having lunch there one day.

My sister in law got back from Disney last week and said dinner at BOG was sort of a disappointment. She felt the food was just OK, and the whole experience wasn't anything special in her opinion.

fanofdisney
06-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Same experience here :( I was on the computer at 180 days out ( we are staying on site so can book the 180 days + 10 ) at 5 am our time and nothing for our entire stay. I just can't figure out how that is really possible. The place looks so big and from what I have read it is not what you would consider a leisurely meal, they get you in and out very quickly. I check daily for an opening.... I have decided that we will make the best of it and if nothing comes through we will have lunch. Which actually will probably work out better since I haven't read anything outstanding about their dinner but have read good things about lunch and we will save money. That opens up a time we can go to a different place for a better meal that we will fully enjoy... :mickey:
Now I am hoping that California Grill is open for our trip, that will make missing BOG no issue at all :party:

Jeri Lynn
06-09-2013, 10:52 AM
I was able to get resevations at BOG but not on the evening that I wanted. I changed our dining schedule around and got lucky!

Keep trying!

lawgirl
06-09-2013, 05:41 PM
Ugh, me too! I was totally bummed, though I was kinda expecting it. I hope we can all get our ressies...just keep trying and think positive thoughts!

(ps why is it soooooo popular? Is it b/c its the only place that serves wine at MK? Or is it just the novelty of it?)

(pps...I want to go so bad!)

epceddie
06-14-2013, 08:42 PM
It's crowded and impossible to get a reservation because it's new and people will drink any kind of Kool Aid that Disney decides to serve them.
Disney could open a restaurant serving raw eggs and spinach and people would line up in droves to get in. And write glowing reviews.
There's too much of a cult mentality these days.
My wife and I avoid the new Fantasyland like the plague. We don't feel like we're missing anything and the rest of the park is a lot more easy to explore and enjoy with everyone flocking to Fantasyland.
So, keep drinking Disney drones!

Disnamic Duo
06-17-2013, 03:52 PM
It's crowded and impossible to get a reservation because it's new and people will drink any kind of Kool Aid that Disney decides to serve them.
Disney could open a restaurant serving raw eggs and spinach and people would line up in droves to get in. And write glowing reviews.
My wife and I avoid the new Fantasyland like the plague. We don't feel like we're missing anything and the rest of the park is a lot more easy to explore and enjoy with everyone flocking to Fantasyland.

Is your avatar a self portait?:D

fanofdisney
06-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Is your avatar a self portait?

:funny: :rotfl:

Renfairwedding
06-17-2013, 10:52 PM
T

Alright... raw eggs and spinach... Yum! :thumbsup:

I look forward to something New. Lunch was fun. I was lucky this time and pulled off an online reservation at the 160 day mark.

Katzateer
06-18-2013, 08:47 AM
We could not get a seating either :( have been for lunch and it was worth a visit- the details are amazing. The food was ok. Still would like to dine in the evening but California Grill is a much better dining experience and I hope it is open in December.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-21-2013, 08:44 AM

Thought this post was a bit much. Opinions can be expressed without being insulting.

cer
06-21-2013, 10:53 AM

:confused:

It's crowded and impossible to get a reservation, because it is an AMAZING space.

I will not wring my hands or even attempt to get a dinner reservation, I won't even try, but I did line up at 10:20 am on Sunday - Father's Day(it opens at 10:30) and we were inside and seated by 11am. The details are unbelievable and they have done an excellent job at re-creating the ballroom in real life. By the way, the food was pretty great, too. We had the potato leek soup and the onion soup and the turkey sandwich and the roast beef sandwich.

I would encourage any Beauty and the Beast fan that this is not to be missed, but I personally would not worry about not getting in for dinner. In fact, I think I would prefer a casual lunch where you are comfortable enough to walk around taking pictures and seeing all there is to see.

WDWCrazyKaren
06-26-2013, 10:11 AM
I do keep on checking every now and then, but my kids (adult kids) and DH looked over the menu, and of course didn't want anything on the menu, so I'm not trying too hard. They don't care so much about the details, so I'm not giving it much thought! I, on the other hand, think it sounds great! Table for one?

MOJoe
06-26-2013, 10:41 AM
:confused:

It's crowded and impossible to get a reservation, because it is an AMAZING space.

I would encourage any Beauty and the Beast fan that this is not to be missed, but I personally would not worry about not getting in for dinner. In fact, I think I would prefer a casual lunch where you are comfortable enough to walk around taking pictures and seeing all there is to see.

:exactly:

Brooklynos
06-28-2013, 12:47 PM
The only way we were able to get our group in was to split up into 3 different groups. I didn't expect for 10 of us to sit together but the CM on the phone worked with me until we had a ps for 2, 4 and 4 all 10 minutes apart. Keep trying as some times may open up and be open/flexible and you'll probably get lucky. :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-29-2013, 06:13 PM
The only "tip" that may or may not help is to try and book an even number. When I tried to book for the 3 of us, nothing showed up. Switching to 4 showed a number of open spaces.

This isn't unique to BOG, but seems especially important when so many people are hoping to nab a spot.

Renfairwedding
07-01-2013, 12:03 AM
The only "tip" that may or may not help is to try and book an even number. When I tried to book for the 3 of us, nothing showed up. Switching to 4 showed a number of open spaces.

Funny I had just the opposite.

garymacd
07-04-2013, 11:30 AM
The only way we were able to get our group in was to split up into 3 different groups. I didn't expect for 10 of us to sit together but the CM on the phone worked with me until we had a ps for 2, 4 and 4 all 10 minutes apart. Keep trying as some times may open up and be open/flexible and you'll probably get lucky. :)

I had to do the same thing for our group of 13: one table for 6 and another for 7. Thought I did really well, until two other members of our group said they were staying an extra day and would like to join us. Couldn't get them in, but I will keep trying.