PDA

View Full Version : Pixie dust for mom

TinkerbellT421
06-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Well, 3:30am this morning I had to call an ambulance to take mom to the er. She was able to wake me by banging on the floor. She fell when she got up to use the bathroom and her entire left side of her body would not work. I called 911 and they took her to the hospital and come to find she took a stroke. Her speech was not effected thank god, she seems astute and answering questions. For now it appears as if just her mobility on the left side is effected. It appears we have a long road of physical therapy and such to get her through. Also, they did a chest X-ray and found a nodule on her lung which they did an additional cat scan for tonight and a possible biopsy tomorrow. That is still unclear.

Please send pixie dust to help us get through this. I am petrified and stunned and emotionally and physically drained right now. I know how much pixie dust helps in times like this. She could really use some.

Thank you for listening, or rather, reading.

Pirate Granny
06-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Pixy dust and prayers.

KODABEAR
06-06-2013, 11:22 PM
So sorry to here . Prayers for you and your MOM let us know how wou're both doing.

Christine
06-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Prayer & pixie dust indeed! Keep us posted!

Disney4us2
06-07-2013, 06:36 AM
Tonya, so sorry to hear. Here is a big dose of pixies and prayers. Hoping for a quick and full recovery.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Melanie
06-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Been thinking of you and your mom, Tonya. Sending lots of pixie dust and positive thoughts. Keep us updated! :pixie:

faline
06-07-2013, 08:19 AM
More pixie dust on its way to you and your mom.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

BriarRose0708
06-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Lots of prayers and pixie dust headed your way Tonya! I hope everything will turn out for the best and wish your mom a speedy recovery.

disneymom15
06-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Here you go:pixie::pixie:some for you,:pixie::pixie:some for your mom.

minnie04
06-07-2013, 10:05 AM
:pixie: :pixie: and lots of prayers for you and your mom...

VWL Mom
06-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Sending prayers and pixie dust for your mom and your family. Positive thoughts!
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

TinkerbellT421
06-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Thank you all. I'm positive the pixie dust has helped. Her mobility is getting much better not 100% but she's able to bend and such today, they got her walking a bit which is great.

In regards to the mass they found they can't do a biopsy for another 4-6 weeks do to the medication they have her on to prevent a massive stroke in the next few weeks which are critical. So we have to make an outpatient appointment for that.

But as far as the stroke goes its going a day at a time.

disney obsessed
06-10-2013, 03:01 PM
I hope you are feeling calmer and more in control. My mom had a stroke last week too. They found several things to treat but we opted to not treat them. This is her decision. She has had a long life. I do not want her to die, but she is ready whenever it is time. We are using the rest of our time to enjoy each other as best she can.

My sister and brother are comeing to town next week. We are looking forward to all being together.

I hope things go well for you all.

TinkerbellT421
06-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Thank you for your kind words disney obsessed. I am sorry to hear of your mom, I saw and posted in your thread. Hope she is at least comfortable. Right now we treat the stroke issue first and then on to the nodule/mass, I'm not sure what the difference is but I've heard it called to different things. But a day at a time they say.

Tomorrow mom heads to acute rehab, at least that's the plan I'm being told, it was supposed to be today.

TinkerbellT421
06-12-2013, 03:53 PM
So update on mom; Yesterday she arrived at the acute rehab facility. Looks like she is doing well. It's a long stressful road ahead of us but looks like she is doing okay.

Then on to the stressful hurdle of the mass :(