PDA

View Full Version : Construction Updates?

nicholsbears
06-03-2013, 11:36 PM
:goofy: Just wondering if anyone had any updates on the 7 Dwarfs Mine ride; or Main St. Bakery conversion.
Thanks !

Capt_redshirt
06-04-2013, 12:15 AM
not sure on main street bakery.... but all things point to a 2014 opening to the 7 dwarfs mine car ride. Tho 2 conflicting reports say its either june or october so not sure...

VWL Mom
06-04-2013, 06:25 AM
I've read the bakery is reopening June 19th. Haven't seen anything on the 7 Dwarfs other than it being next year.

Pirate Granny
06-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Hoping the coaster will be ready for next June for our family trip!

BKBrinkman
06-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Hoping the coaster will be ready for next June for our family trip!

Same for us! We're targeting June 2014 and would love it if the coaster was open!

#1donaldfan
06-04-2013, 12:07 PM
I can't wait for it !! :mickey: ...but I guess I will have to......

thejens
06-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Oh, yay, can't wait to go to WDW so I can go to...Starbucks! NOT!!! :(

DisneyDawgette
06-06-2013, 09:01 AM
I saw on the Disney Parks Blog that they have just finished assembling the track for the Seven Dwarves Mine Train! Take a second and subscribe to email updates from DPB- they keep you up to date with the going-on's in the parks. :)

ransam
06-06-2013, 10:51 AM
i have seen some detailed details on the Dwarfs ride. it will be a huge draw.

CanadaLovesDisney
06-09-2013, 01:26 PM
The bakery is reopening as a starbucks!!!
womp womp :mad:

Melanie
06-09-2013, 01:32 PM
The bakery is reopening as a starbucks!!!
womp womp :mad:

The bakery is reopening as the Bakery, featuring Starbucks. Having been to the one at California Adventure, it's very tastefully done, with all the bakery favorites we know and love. It's going to be fine, and truth is, the bakery probably could have used some sprucing up. :thumbsup:

dkmwong
06-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Looking forward to seeing the 7 dwarves ride, but not Starbucks. Do you think they will still have the cinnamon rolls there?

Melanie
06-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Do you think they will still have the cinnamon rolls there?

Yes.

with all the bakery favorites we know and love.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Yes.

Truly?! I thought they weren't for some reason! Was prepared to pout as we headed to Gaston's to find one! ;)

Melanie
06-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Truly?! I thought they weren't for some reason! Was prepared to pout as we headed to Gaston's to find one! ;)

Just a temporary home at Gaston's, from what I understand. I guess we will know for sure in 10 days. But from all indicated, old favorites will be available at the 'new' Bakery. Why that wouldn't include the very popular cinnamon roll, I can't imagine.

Sylvia
06-09-2013, 09:44 PM
The bakery is reopening as the Bakery, featuring Starbucks. Having been to the one at California Adventure, it's very tastefully done, with all the bakery favorites we know and love. It's going to be fine, and truth is, the bakery probably could have used some sprucing up. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the news!!! I'm not a coffee drinker, but I've always been addicted to the treats at the Main Street Bakery. I've always loved the "old-time" decor, but often wished that it was a bit larger.

If I had a nickel for every time we've started a day or ended a day at the MK with a treat from the Bakery, I'd have enough money for my next trip. Glad to know the tradition can continue.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Just a temporary home at Gaston's, from what I understand. I guess we will know for sure in 10 days. But from all indicated, old favorites will be available at the 'new' Bakery. Why that wouldn't include the very popular cinnamon roll, I can't imagine.

:trio: :minnie:

big blue and hairy
06-09-2013, 10:44 PM
The Main Street Bakery will be The Main Street Bakery with better coffee. Everybody freaking out about Starbucks replacing the worst coffee I've ever had needs to relax. It's still the bakery with better coffee.

:sulley:

Melanie
06-09-2013, 11:17 PM
The Main Street Bakery will be The Main Street Bakery with better coffee. Everybody freaking out about Starbucks replacing the worst coffee I've ever had needs to relax. It's still the bakery with better coffee.

:sulley:

Yep, better coffee and a makeover that was honestly needed.

Melanie
06-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Do you think they will still have the cinnamon rolls there?

Just wanted to update here, as Disney had previously indicated the cinnamon rolls would be back at the Bakery, that is NOT the case. They will be permanently at Gaston's. :(

kakn7294
06-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Just wanted to update here, as Disney had previously indicated the cinnamon rolls would be back at the Bakery, that is NOT the case. They will be permanently at Gaston's. :(I hear that they still may be back. I saw some pics of what was supposedly a menu board and there was a picture of a cinnamon roll on it but they currently are NOT available at the Bakery - only at Gaston's.