PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who fans

disney obsessed
06-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Well, we have to get used to a new Dr. I still miss David Tenant. My vote is that the next Dr should be a woman.

Thoughts?

lettripp
06-03-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm with you on both ends... I miss David Tennant and would be excited if the next was a woman. That is the only rumor I've heard so far, though. Anyone have other predictions?

Tekneek
06-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Opposed. That's a bit too far to go with it, given that there have always been male and female Time Lords. Female Time Lords always regenerated into females, and males as males. They've toyed around with a few of the details here and there, but interchangeable genders would effectively be a jump the shark moment for me.

Perhaps it is time for him to encounter a female Time Lord, though, like Romana. Romana accompanied The Doctor for a while, even regenerating once.

I don't have much of an opinion on the choice of actor, but I would like to see a darker version come in. I'd like to see them try to do what they had intended to do with the sixth Doctor. Maybe now they would be able to play out a full story arc with a different take on the role for a while.

AllDisney
06-03-2013, 08:44 PM
I'd like to see River as the new Doctor:thumbsup:

BuddyL4
06-03-2013, 09:58 PM
The next doctor should be a male in my opinion. My favorite doctor hands down Tom Baker. Favorite companion, sorry ladies, K9...

lettripp
06-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Wasn't it Matt Smith's doctor who at some point made a joke about wanting to regenerate as a ginger and/or female? My thought was, maybe they will write in something "new" and out of the old "universe" like so many sci-fi reboots seem to do. I'd be happy with a male or female - I just want the writing to be killer!

lettripp
02-27-2014, 02:21 PM
So - What does everyone think of Peter Capaldi?!?!?!

Personally, I'm excited to see the direction they will take the show with him steering the Tardis!!

lettripp
02-28-2014, 10:00 AM
I don't have much of an opinion on the choice of actor, but I would like to see a darker version come in. I'd like to see them try to do what they had intended to do with the sixth Doctor. Maybe now they would be able to play out a full story arc with a different take on the role for a while.

I have heard talk of Capaldi's doctor being a bit darker. Also, will be interesting with an older doctor (once again) and what I'm hearing with be an intentional shy-away from a Doctor/Love Interest story line.

Jim&AngieMarriner
10-09-2014, 02:08 AM
Ok so while I am not 100% up to date on the series ( missing a cpl episodes still) i have seen up to the "Time heist" one.

Number one- As always with a new regeneration I wasnt sure of how I was going to like the new Doctor. But so far, I like him. He is deffinately a lot darker and to me that is a welcome change. I peronally thought Smith's rendition was just a bit too clownish, although he did grow on me. Capaldi's Doctor is more serious and not afraid to embrace the darker aspects of his personality. Seriously, when he asked Clara if he was a good man..... If you have to ask, chances are you really are not. And I am OK with that. Dont get me wrong, the Doctor should always be a hero and he isnt being portrayed as a villian, just a bit less friendly.

Second. Even though she is attractive and has a nice story behind her being with every Doctor in some way, I do not like the way they are taking Claras story arc into a dating disaster scene (if it has gotten betterin the recent episodes I havent watched yet forgive me). Personally I long for a sassy companion like Donna. i think Donna and this Doctor would be a smash hit. And of course, River needs to show up soon. This less friendly and seemingly socially awkward Doctor dealing with the amazing Doctor Song will be classic.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-09-2014, 11:32 PM
So - What does everyone think of Peter Capaldi?!?!?!

Personally, I'm excited to see the direction they will take the show with him steering the Tardis!!

I've only seen an occassional Dr. Who episode now and again, so in no way qualified to make any opinion.

I did just finishing watching the BBCA original series The Muskateers, which starred Capaldi as a devious Roman Catholic Cardinal who is also the first minister of France under King Louis.

He was very good in the series, its worth watching.