PDA

View Full Version : July 4th weekend crowds

crmark1
06-02-2013, 11:59 AM
I will be doing a solo trip July 4th-7th. I know it will be hot but what should I look forward to as far as crowds?

greengeen
06-02-2013, 06:23 PM
One of the most crowded weeks of the year, but you must have known that, right? Be ready for huge crowds at MK, especially on July 4.

Piglet27
06-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Last time we were there they closed MK at 11:00. We got to the park when it opened and by the time we left around 2 the park was crowded. Just have to plan what you want to do:mickey:

faline
06-04-2013, 07:39 PM
That week is one of the most crowded of the year. You may even find that parks close down to incoming guests based on the number of folks already in the parks.

Terra
06-04-2013, 10:01 PM
That week is one of the most crowded of the year. You may even find that parks close down to incoming guests based on the number of folks already in the parks.

Yes this! I've gone in the past and I will never do it again!

We got to Magic Kingdom at 8am, and they told us to not leave for anything that day because it was highly likely we wouldn't get back in.
Sure enough at 11am, a cast member told us the park was closed to further guests.
It was shoulder to shoulder people and just about every attraction was a 2+ hour wait.
And it was HOT!
Never again!!

Donald_Quackers
06-04-2013, 10:09 PM
I went last year, but on July 3rd. It was packed, but not too bad and was able to get out through a backstage area the CMs were directing guests through.

The next day we were at Epcot, it was packed there as well, but we waited for the crowds to thin and it wasn't too bad getting to the buses, but it was a while before we got back to the resort.

This year we're staying at the Beach Club. The main reason we're going again is because my nephew's birthday is on July 3rd. It'll be nice to be able to just walk to Epcot!

jefmblrd
06-07-2013, 02:51 PM
I was there on July 4th about 7 years ago, and it was about as crowded as it can get in the MK. Around noontime a CM heard me ask the other members of our party if they wanted to leave and come back later in the day. She told us that they were prepping to close the park to any more arriving guests, so we might not be able to get back in. We decided to stay. I don't know if they did close, but the various guidebooks that give that day and weekend a 10 out of 10 in terms of crowds aren't kidding. It's crowded!

However having said that, as long as you have a plan of what you want to do and know that you'll need an extra dose of patience, you should be able to do the things you want and have a great time. Beyond that, traveling solo should work to your advantage as well, since you'll be able to take advantage of single rider lines and will only need to take care of your own needs.

Have a great time. The July 4th fireworks in the MK are not to be missed (even if we were packed in like sardines). :mickey: