PDA

View Full Version : Dessert Only at Boatwrights?

PCruzer
06-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Is it possible to make an ADR for dessert only at Boatwrights at POR? Would love to try the butterscotch crème brulee but don't necessarily want to have dinner there.

Pirate Granny
06-01-2013, 10:04 PM
We went to Jiko 30 minutes before closing for dessert about ten years ago...we had an ADR. Our waiter was NOT amused, and actually made us change sections so he would get someone that wanted to "eat". I did send a note to Management after, never got a response.

VaderGirl
06-01-2013, 10:31 PM
id assume so, they cant tell u what u have to order.

SBETigg
06-02-2013, 11:50 AM
We went to Jiko 30 minutes before closing for dessert about ten years ago...we had an ADR. Our waiter was NOT amused, and actually made us change sections so he would get someone that wanted to "eat". I did send a note to Management after, never got a response.

That is really a shame. You should be able to do this and still get excellent service. You're still a customer, and it's not as if you're wrapping up a table for very long.

epceddie
06-02-2013, 10:28 PM
We had the same experience with a waitress at Jiko when we stopped in for some coffee to try the pistachio creme brulee. She rolled her eyes and was not very happy about having to serve us. It made my wife very uncomfortable. I wanted to say something to the management, but my wife didn't want to make a scene.
I don't know why Disney doesn't embrace this. Especially in the last hour before closing. They are all about making money aren't they?

PCruzer
06-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the responses. I guess I will rethink doing dessert only at a Disney restaurant!