PDA

View Full Version : Disney pins?

Mrs Bus Driver
06-01-2013, 10:00 AM
I have never traded pins at WDW as the pins I buy I want to keep. That said I have read where others have bought pins on E-bay and traded with those. Sounds like a good idea. I have Amazon prime so I get free shipping with a lot of things. Now I always read the reviews of the products I buy and it seems that every Disney pin bundle has at least 1 review claiming they are cheep knock offs and look bad. So I would like to know you experiences. Are the pins better on E-bay? Are the pins on Amazon reall that bad? What would you do? :mickey:

micky95
06-01-2013, 01:13 PM
my dw and i did this last time we went.the ones we got i couldnt see the differance if there was any.we actually kept a couple that we liked.

Zippy 1
06-01-2013, 01:40 PM
We got ours from ebay. They were great! We actually had some cast members telling us we had some great pins that would not last long with them once we traded.

vamaggie
06-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I've bought pins from eBay to trade. always seem to have a few we want to keep too. I believe it is easier to trade with the CM's--some of the hard core pin traders can be difficult (or at least I've heard-never really tried trading with anyone other than CMs-or my kids with other kids)

Mrs Bus Driver
06-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks for your answers I feel better about doing this. Since this would be my first time I will be trading with cast members. I have no clue what is rare or valuable and just want to go for pins I like. :mickey:

Capt_redshirt
06-01-2013, 08:57 PM
my experience has been 90 % positive... You may get one or two bad ones. Just look at the reviews really carefully and if you see the words scrapper alot or the price seems too good to be true it probably is... i bought some on amazon last year from kerries limited that were a good deal

paymerich
06-03-2013, 11:13 AM
We have purchased on Ebay 3x times now (150 pins) and have not received a single bogus one or scrapper. Some of them the kids keep , a lot they trade away with CMs and only once with a hard core pin trader. The hard cores normally want newer pins(aka as Can you buy this for me Dad?) or have a 2-3 to 1 ratio for trades.

CMs are the best bet and usually at some resorts they have a trade book

Capt_redshirt
06-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Thanks for your answers I feel better about doing this. Since this would be my first time I will be trading with cast members. I have no clue what is rare or valuable and just want to go for pins I like. :mickey:

Ill be honest whats rare or valuable is not all that important. it should always be about what you want. I tend to trade specific character or ride. also hidden mickeys seem to be popular too. also keep in mind the resort boards can be flooded with unpopular pins. I can remember my last trip that certain orange birds and yeti hidden mickeys were every where

Mrs Bus Driver
06-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Ill be honest whats rare or valuable is not all that important. it should always be about what you want. I tend to trade specific character or ride. also hidden mickeys seem to be popular too. also keep in mind the resort boards can be flooded with unpopular pins. I can remember my last trip that certain orange birds and yeti hidden mickeys were every where

Thanks I usually look for Goofy pins since he is my favorite. But also like ride pins and park pins. And it has to be something that looks good to me. So my pins are a pretty mixed bag. But that is what I enjoy.