PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Dinner

Soccermom12
05-30-2013, 09:39 AM
I am trying to plan a fun dinner for my husband's birthday. We are a party of six (Me, DH, DS15, DS12, DS10 and DD6). I was thinking of 1900 Park or maybe 50s Prime Time Cafe. We have never been to either of these... we would like it to be fun, but we would also like the food to be good! Any suggestions?

AgentC
05-30-2013, 09:54 AM
I think for the ages in your group 50s Prime Time Cafe would be more fun.

1900 Park Fare is a buffet with Cinderella, her prince and the step sisters. The step sisters are a riot. Cinderella and the prince come out, take pictures and dance with children. The food is a buffet. I thought the food was okay but nothing special.

50s Prime Time is fun. We had a great "cousin" waiting on us and we all had a good time. Food is basic home cooking- fried chicken, meat loaf, spaghetti etc. Everything we had was good and the milk shakes are great.

mydisneygirls
05-30-2013, 11:16 AM
I would say go for 1900 Park Fare. When we were there last year, I saw couples with no children eating there. And especially if it's your husband's birthday, the Stepmother and Stepsisters would probably be very funny (they were with my 13 year old...teasing her about who she was dating and if they could meet "him.") Your kids will love it there.

I think the food at 1900 PF is much better than 50's Prime Time, and I stress much -- prime rib, pork tenderlion, shrimp, fresh salads, soups, veggies versus fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans out of a can. We didn't care for 50's and won't be going back. Maybe it was just an off day, but there was no "entertainment" at all.