PDA

View Full Version : A b-day cookie

mom2mickeyfan
05-29-2013, 11:16 PM
I know there are ways that you can order a special cake to be delivered. Doesn't anyone know is there is anyway to have one of those large cookies decorated and delivered for a b-day?? We are celebrating my DS b-day when we go to DHS but he isn't much of a cake eater.

VWL Mom
05-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Hmmmm, good question. Are you thinking one of the pizza sized cookies like they sell in grocery stores or just a big mickey cookie?

If you're eating at Mama Melrose the birthday person will get a large cupcake decorated to look like spaghetti and meatballs, very cute.

BrerGnat
05-30-2013, 08:08 AM
I don't think so. I've never seen those large cookies anywhere at WDW.

If he's not into cake, skip it. You can do a lot of other things. Does he like ice cream? How about a big sundae somewhere? Or, just bring a candle along and stick it in whatever he DOES like, and sing to him as a family. You don't need to spend $$$$ to celebrate a birthday. We've celebrated lots of birthdays at Disneyland, and we've never once actually purchased a cake for the occasion.

I would probably get one of the big ice cream cookie sandwiches, stick a candle in it, sing and enjoy! My sons both LOVE cookies and ice cream, so this would be a much bigger hit than a cake.

mom2mickeyfan
05-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Thanks guys!! Good to know it isn't something I should look for. I'll look around for some other options!

SuzieBell
06-01-2013, 01:05 AM
For my DS's Birthday, I bought 3 (1 for each of us!) of those large cookies at CBR grab n go bakery and brought my own cookie decorations/icings and made my own! :party:

Kairi_7378
06-01-2013, 04:53 PM
I like Natalie's suggestion of a cookie sandwich. As a kid with a July birthday, I had a lot of birthday sundaes.

There are some fantastic small cookies around the World if you don't want to do an ice cream sandwich/ sundae. We were in DHS during DS's birthday last year and he got a huge free Mickey mouse sugar cookie with chocolate dipped ears as a surprise from the CM. He was a happy camper!