PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of Life Pavillion??

DisneyWorld1971
05-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Every time I go to Disney this is closed. I was wondering is there every a time when they open it?? I have not seen anything in there in years. It just seems like a total waste of space if there not going to open it then put something else in there. I know that two years ago they had cooking classes etc in there for the food and wine fest.

DizneyFreak2002
05-27-2013, 08:27 PM
The pavilion is closed... I believe the pavilion has been turned over to Special Events group and has become the "unofficial" official base for Food and Wine, Flower ad Garden, special conventions, etc...

DisneyWorld1971
05-27-2013, 08:36 PM
That's too bad. Again seems like wasted space to me.

tiggerbuddy
05-28-2013, 06:39 AM
They really should just tear it down and start over...

Melanie
05-28-2013, 06:57 AM
It's really interesting (and nostalgic) to go in there during the Festivals. It's kinda strange to walk up the walk again, and then notice some familiar things inside. Nothing has been updated, and I have to say it's funny to go to the bathroom and have to manually flush and turn on the faucets. :blush:

Katzateer
05-28-2013, 09:04 AM
It's really interesting (and nostalgic) to go in there during the Festivals. It's kinda strange to walk up the walk again, and then notice some familiar things inside. Nothing has been updated, and I have to say it's funny to go to the bathroom and have to manually flush and turn on the faucets. :blush:

:thumbsup:

Scorpiosammy
05-28-2013, 09:43 AM
I would love to be able to go inside again just to look around. I also miss this pavilion and think it could be redone well :mickey: Agreed, such a wasted space..

mcjaco
05-28-2013, 02:47 PM
After not being able to secure a sponsor for the pavillion, they closed it up, and now have turned it over to the Special Events staff.

IMO, Wonders of Life was the most uninspiring pavillions at EPCOT. I went in it twice at most. I'd like to see something new there, but there's better ways for them to refresh some other pavillions (*ahem* Imagination *ahem*).

MrPeetrie
05-28-2013, 03:00 PM
I heard Buzzy is still in there inactive. I really liked that show. My kids would LOVE it.

kakn7294
05-28-2013, 05:15 PM
I was just in it in April as it is the home base of the Flower and Garden Festival. The basic design of the building is evident but nearly all of the old attraction materials are gone. The only real remainders are the theater where "The Making Of Me" used to play. The doors to the other 2 attractions are closed and locked.

Sylvia
05-28-2013, 07:42 PM
I also miss the Wonders of Life. I especially miss the food choices and always stopped there for a quick breakfast and cold orange juice in a glass.

SmallWorldBobby
05-28-2013, 07:44 PM
I was recently backstage at Wonders of Life. Buzzy and his robot friend are in fact still in the Cranium theatre. I heard Buzzy may be on his way to the archives before the theatre is eventually demolished. The queue for Body Wars is still there, but the ride platforms and vehicles have been removed. The empty bays where the motion simulators used to sit look really creepy. It's all just storage now.

joonyer
05-28-2013, 09:18 PM
I always loved Cranium Command. Very Funny show. It would be really dated now, but I still miss it.

DisneyDINK
05-31-2013, 04:48 AM
I always loved Cranium Command. Very Funny show. It would be really dated now, but I still miss it.

Me too. I actually really liked The Making of Me too. Body Wars was one I never bonded with.

Tekneek
06-01-2013, 08:47 AM
I really liked this pavilion. By the time my son was able to go on Body Wars, they had closed it down and we never got a chance to take him on it.

SandmanGStefani24
06-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Body Wars was my fave attraction there :mickey:

Heard they posted an application for renovation/demolition for the building, so know they have a direction for it. It's been sitting idle for so long rebuilding might just make sense. I was always hoping it would come back, just redesigned. Oh well...

Polynesian Dweller
06-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Body Wars was my fave attraction there :mickey:

Heard they posted an application for renovation/demolition for the building, so know they have a direction for it. It's been sitting idle for so long rebuilding might just make sense. I was always hoping it would come back, just redesigned. Oh well...

The only permit that has been seen was for selective demolition. That means very minimal and probably had to do with removal of old ride equipment or the Chase lounge. Nothing major here.