PDA

View Full Version : I just booked Via Napoli!

disneymomma2010
05-27-2013, 12:23 AM
We have never ate at Via Napoli so I just booked us lunch for this October. I have read on here before that a lot of you guys love this place.

What's good? And what's good if I'm not in the mood for pizza?

Can't wait to try it! :cool:

GAN
05-27-2013, 06:03 AM
The pastas are all very good, as are the parm dishes. You'll love it -have a great time!

JerseyDad
05-27-2013, 07:49 AM
.....Arancini (saffron risotto / rice balls) are excellent ....as is the Fritto Misto, the Linguini Frutti di Mare, and the Lasagne Verde.

....and ...even if you're NOT in the mood for pizza ....the Prosciutto E Melone pizza is magnificent (really!!)

disneymom15
05-27-2013, 09:20 AM
The chicken Caesar salad is my favorite. It's quite big, so we usually share.

buzznwoodysmom
05-27-2013, 01:52 PM
We loved Via Napoli. My son had the spaghetti and veal meatballs and said he had never tasted such amazing meatballs in all his life!!!! I think my husband had some sort of pasta dish as well. Everything we had was excellent. One of the best meals in Epcot for sure!

luvkatiebug
05-28-2013, 12:01 AM
We are eating there for my birthday in July. So excited too!:mickey:

mickeyman42
05-28-2013, 06:02 AM
how does Via Napoli work for the DDP? if my family of four went and ordered a large pizza how would you get charged? or do they just charge you 1 TS credit for everyone regardless of what you order?

VWL Mom
05-28-2013, 08:53 AM
how does Via Napoli work for the DDP? if my family of four went and ordered a large pizza how would you get charged? or do they just charge you 1 TS credit for everyone regardless of what you order?

With regard to pizza, these are the rules from when they originally opened and I'm not sure if they still stand:

1 Person: 1 TS individual size pizza, drink and dessert. They will NOT allow two people on DDP to share one individual pizza.

2 people: 2 TS Large pizza, 2 drinks and 2 desserts. They will allow only two people to share this. Any extra persons at the table will have to order their own entree and spend a credit.

4 people: 4 TS 1/2 meter pizza, 4 drinks and 4 desserts. Again, any party of more than 4 will mean the extra persons will need to order their own entree and spend a credit.

I know they were allowing people to order appys or salads as an entree, I'm not sure if this still exists. If you're just going for pizza you may be better off to go have a large pie and a salad or appy and pay OOP.

disneymomma2010
05-28-2013, 10:43 AM
.....Arancini (saffron risotto / rice balls) are excellent ....as is the Fritto Misto, the Linguini Frutti di Mare, and the Lasagne Verde.

....and ...even if you're NOT in the mood for pizza ....the Prosciutto E Melone pizza is magnificent (really!!)

I have no idea what you just said! lol :confused:
But thanks for the recommendations!

Ms. Mode
05-28-2013, 10:45 AM
When we went my DH and DD both got different pizza and I had a pasta dish; then we just tasted each others food. :blush:

We are planning to go there again in December...I'm getting a PIZZA this time! It's the best pizza I ever ate! (Really, try the cheese only thing...just great!)

#1donaldfan
05-28-2013, 12:51 PM

hahahahaha!!! That comment truly made my day.....THANKS !! hahaaha!!!

You will love this place and I hope you're in the mood for pizza as it is incredible !!!! :mickey:

JerseyDad
05-28-2013, 03:04 PM

....okay ...I'll translate:

....Arancini = saffron rice risotto [creamy rice ....usually mixed with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese] that's been mixed with peas, tomatoes and stewed-shredded meat .....then it's formed into balls (about 2" dia) ....rolled in seasoned breadcrumbs ...and deep fried

.....Fritto Misto = variety of fresh veggies, fish, cheese, etc....like eggplant, artichokes, zucchini, asparagus, calamari (squid), and mozzarella cheese ...that are dipped in egg...and then breadcrumbs and given a quick deep fry. Usually served with tomato sauce for dipping.

....Linguini Frutti di Mare = linguini that's served topped with the "fruit of the sea", (a.k.a.. seafood) such as clams, shrimp, calamari, mussels ....that's cooked in a tomato sauce ...sometimes a little spicy, seasoned with crushed red pepper.

.....Lasagne Verde = is a lasagne that's made with sauteed spinach (or other seasonal green.. "verde" vegetable) ....between layers of sheet pasta ...and made with a white 'bechamel" sauce rather than a red tomato sauce.

.....Prosciutto E Melone pizza = a pizza made with honeydew melon and prosciutto (dry, aged Italian ham...has a mild, almost nutty flavor and slight chewy texture) ...and topped with cheese such as mozzarella and or fontina. (no tomato sauce)

RedSoxFan
05-28-2013, 04:32 PM
I've gotten the veal parm both times I've eaten there. Very good. Everyone else gets the pizza which they love. I don't care for pizza!!

disneymomma2010
05-28-2013, 09:53 PM
....okay ...I'll translate:

....Arancini = saffron rice risotto [creamy rice ....usually mixed with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese] that's been mixed with peas, tomatoes and stewed-shredded meat .....then it's formed into balls (about 2" dia) ....rolled in seasoned breadcrumbs ...and deep fried

.....Fritto Misto = variety of fresh veggies, fish, cheese, etc....like eggplant, artichokes, zucchini, asparagus, calamari (squid), and mozzarella cheese ...that are dipped in egg...and then breadcrumbs and given a quick deep fry. Usually served with tomato sauce for dipping.

....Linguini Frutti di Mare = linguini that's served topped with the "fruit of the sea", (a.k.a.. seafood) such as clams, shrimp, calamari, mussels ....that's cooked in a tomato sauce ...sometimes a little spicy, seasoned with crushed red pepper.

.....Lasagne Verde = is a lasagne that's made with sauteed spinach (or other seasonal green.. "verde" vegetable) ....between layers of sheet pasta ...and made with a white 'bechamel" sauce rather than a red tomato sauce.

.....Prosciutto E Melone pizza = a pizza made with honeydew melon and prosciutto (dry, aged Italian ham...has a mild, almost nutty flavor and slight chewy texture) ...and topped with cheese such as mozzarella and or fontina. (no tomato sauce)

Wow thanks for going to all that trouble! Very helpful! :thumbsup:

disneymomma2010
05-28-2013, 09:54 PM
hahahahaha!!! That comment truly made my day.....THANKS !! hahaaha!!!

You will love this place and I hope you're in the mood for pizza as it is incredible !!!! :mickey:

You're welcome! :D

JerseyDad
05-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Wow thanks for going to all that trouble! Very helpful! :thumbsup:

....no trouble ....my last name is Romano ....so Italian food is like a religion ....in fact ANY food is like a religion :wine:...cheers