PDA

View Full Version : Combining other passes with the new MyMagic+ wristband

jennsky
05-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Okay, so forgive me if this has been answered previously in 100 different ways, but I'm wanting to check....

I am going to have 3 park hopper days booked along with my reservation. I also will have two more days (I get complimentary thru work...woo hoo!) on 2 different paper tickets that I wanted to use. So they will add those two days to my wristband pass?

I guess they would ALL have to be the same...meaning ALL being Park Hopper? Because how would you differentiate between a non-park hopper day purchased and a park hopper day on your wrist band and a day with Water Park, Fun and more. Geez, that's convuluted, but you know what I mean??

I'm only worried because do you have to keep the wristband on for your trip duration (like an all-inclusive resort)? Because I wouldn't want it accidentally to register my wrist band day when I'm trying to use up a paper ticket day if I have to keep them seperate. Probably more of an issue with my kids. I can see my 6 year old running up and putting her wristband up to the Mickey ball thing (using up one of the days on her band) when really she should have used her paper ticket.

Lord, I'm probably over thinking this. Help!

MickeysBestPal
05-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Okay, so forgive me if this has been answered previously in 100 different ways, but I'm wanting to check....

I am going to have 3 park hopper days booked along with my reservation. I also will have two more days (I get complimentary thru work...woo hoo!) on 2 different paper tickets that I wanted to use. So they will add those two days to my wristband pass?

I guess they would ALL have to be the same...meaning ALL being Park Hopper? Because how would you differentiate between a non-park hopper day purchased and a park hopper day on your wrist band and a day with Water Park, Fun and more. Geez, that's convuluted, but you know what I mean??

I'm only worried because do you have to keep the wristband on for your trip duration (like an all-inclusive resort)? Because I wouldn't want it accidentally to register my wrist band day when I'm trying to use up a paper ticket day if I have to keep them seperate. Probably more of an issue with my kids. I can see my 6 year old running up and putting her wristband up to the Mickey ball thing (using up one of the days on her band) when really she should have used her paper ticket.

Lord, I'm probably over thinking this. Help!

There are no wristbands currently in use by guests at WDW.
And, no announced time when they will be rolled out.

When they DO finally start issuing and using the MagicBands, guests do NOT
have to keep the bands on for the duration of their trip.
In fact, they do not ever have to put them on their wrists at all.
Many have stated that they will just put them in a pocket or pouch to carry them
in the parks, just taking them out when they are needed at a "touch-point."

Disney will not "combine" multiple tickets onto one card or (by extension) one wristband.

I'm not sure what they plan to do with any "free"-type (or heavily-discounted) tickets when the bands come on-line, but the band would almost surely only have one active ticket "on it" at any one time.

jennsky
05-25-2013, 09:38 PM
Makes sense. Thank-you!

05-25-2013, 11:40 PM
You won't "have" to have your ticketing on the wristband, nor will you even have to have one at all. Your ticketing with your reservation could be on your resort card and your "paper" ticketing could be exchanged for an RFID enabled, plastic ticket, if there are no legacy turnstiles still in operation at the time of your trip (I didn't see any time frame for your trip).

Wristbands will be "optional" when they come online and will not be mandatory. Plastic ticketing media will still be available for use.

At least that is my understanding for all of this (as with everything Disney, subject to change at a moments notice LOL). RFID media is all that can be used at the touch-point readers but it the readers will read plastic card media as well as wristbands.