PDA

View Full Version : Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Room View

wetoofun
05-23-2013, 07:41 AM
I'm trying to decide whether to get the Woods View or pay about $80 more and get the Courtyard View.

For those who have stayed in or seen both views, which do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

BrerGnat
05-23-2013, 08:08 AM
I have done both. I prefer Woods view because it's quieter. The courtyard view is gorgeous, but that pool party they have every afternoon from about 1-4 is SO LOUD you can't really nap if you need to.

We are returning to WL this summer and chose the Woods view.

Gregandmel
05-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Our first trip with both our boys was at The Wilderness Lodge back in 2008 and we got a Courtyard View. We loved the view (we are definitely "view" people). The pool, Bay Lake, feeling like we were in Yellowstone - it was amazing. We didn't know any different but the previous poster is correct that if you are going to be in your resort room in the mid afternoon, they did do some pool party type events with a speaker/microphone sort of thing but we didn't mind it at all. I'm sure the woods view IS quieter - just depends on what you like!! I don't think you can go wrong staying there!! ENJOY! :mickey:

Ms. Mode
05-23-2013, 09:29 AM
We stayed courtyard view when we were there and it is fine; however, the next time we stay we are going for woods view. Many of the woods view rooms looked like they face MK to us. Plus, I think they must be quieter...although the only time we noticed noise was during the day when the pool activites were going on. It's a really nice resort! :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
05-23-2013, 10:00 AM
We always stay either woods view or courtyard view when at WL, and we have enjoyed both. I would go with the woods view for the lower price.

Figment104
05-23-2013, 12:08 PM
We always stay Courtyard View, since we love looking out over the pool, and bay lake. In the afternoon it can get a bit loud out by the pool, but it's never bothered us, and we love watching all the action down there. I think it comes down to if you want quiet or not. If you are looking for quiet, than Woods view is probably better.

thejens
05-23-2013, 10:27 PM
I dislike paying extra for view. Is the standard view bad?

LudwigVonDrake
05-26-2013, 09:49 PM
I choose the standard view at Wilderness Lodge. Bascially it's a view of the loading area however if you're in your room during Wishes, you can watch the fireworks over the trees so there are some perks :mickey: