PDA

View Full Version : Who collects Disney Resort Specific merchandise?

azcavalier
05-22-2013, 01:46 PM
I have collected a few pins, but that's about it. However, I really like the look of this new line that they showcased on the Disney Parks Blog today:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/disney-resort-icons-inspire-new-merchandise-arriving-this-summer-at-disney-parks/

I think we would start buying a glass for every resort we've stayed in. I would also buy some golf polo shirts....

buzznwoodysmom
05-22-2013, 03:57 PM
I have coffee mugs from most of the resort's we have stayed at. Of course not all resorts have offered mugs, wish they would. We'll be in Disney in November and I plan to collect as many of the drinking glasses as I can.

Melanie
05-22-2013, 04:15 PM
The new merchandise looks great, but I do hope it's more than just DVC resorts. I'm glad to see this though, since one of our big complaints in past few years with merchandising has been lack of resort specific stuff.

buzznwoodysmom
05-22-2013, 08:20 PM
I too have noticed that most photos of the new resort merchandise I have seen is of DVC resorts. I did see what looked like Polynesian stuff in the background of a photo a few weeks ago. I hope all deluxe resorts, and even mods and values, eventually get more updated resort specific merchandise.

TinkerbellT421
05-22-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm very excited about the shot glasses! I collect shot glasses and have a cool and big collection going and would love to add some resorts to it!

BrerGnat
05-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Just to mention, the WL had a lot of resort specific stuff (not DVC) last October. Lots of shirts, photo frames, mugs, water bottles, etc.

Also, last time we stayed at BC, we saw some stuff starting to emerge there (also not DVC) but Yacht Club had a LOT more selection than BC.

So, it's coming. Slowly, but surely.

I'm glad to see it returning!

Figment104
05-23-2013, 12:10 PM
I love getting stuff at the WL, and most of it was not specifically DVC, but just general WL merchandise. There were a few things that I had planned on getting, but didn't get around to buying (it's hard to shop with a 17 month old), so I plan on ordering them online. We just got back on Saturday (5/18) if that helps!

jennsky
05-23-2013, 02:45 PM
I get a resort specific pin each time we stay at a new hotel to add to the kids' pin collections. My goal is to have them ALL someday....still working on that though. :blush:

brownie
05-23-2013, 05:37 PM
The new merchandise looks great, but I do hope it's more than just DVC resorts. I'm glad to see this though, since one of our big complaints in past few years with merchandising has been lack of resort specific stuff.

Me too. Hopefully this is a sign they're moving away from all the generic merchandise.

ANG
05-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Yep, I got a WL tshirt last October. And we also collect pins but only from the ones we've actually stayed at so far.

I would wear BLT with pride :)

Tekneek
05-24-2013, 10:02 AM
The new merchandise looks great, but I do hope it's more than just DVC resorts.

Yes. I have been a fan of resort-specific gear in the past. I hope they are going back to that. Doing it only for DVC would not blow my mind, though. DVC is up near the top of their strategy list.

Tekneek
05-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Me too. Hopefully this is a sign they're moving away from all the generic merchandise.

We can hope, but not so much that we're disappointed when they just keep doing "Disney Parks" business as usual.

disneymom2000
05-26-2013, 05:53 PM
I used to save the mugs but this last visit I saw they weren't hotel specific. :confused:

DVC2004
05-26-2013, 06:07 PM
My husband always buys a pin from each resort we stay at. We sometimes buy DVC stuff. I really don't like mugs and souvenir cups only because they are a pain for me to store once we get home.