PDA

View Full Version : Character no show?

Susan A
05-21-2013, 06:26 PM
I have a question about a character not appearing at a character meal. Has that ever happened to anyone?
I've noticed that at the bottom of a character meal description, there is a sentence that reads something like, "Mickey, Pluto, Chip n Dale or another character". We really want to eat breakfast with Mary Poppins at 1900. It would be such a shame if Mary "fell ill" that morning and someone else was sent in her place. :mickey:

Thanks!

gerald72
05-21-2013, 07:46 PM
It's rare, but not unheard of.
We were at Tusker House for breakfast one time, and the CM told us that Minnie was sick that morning. (Even though she looked perfectly healthy at the park opening show).

Susan A
05-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Maybe she out did herself in the show!

#1donaldfan
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
....had to be the stomach virus !! :cool:

Simba's Mom
05-23-2013, 06:01 PM
We had it happen at Cape May. Goofy wasn't there, but Stitch substituted. We kidded that Stitch wanted to eat breakfast there, so that troublemaker had scared Goofy away that morning.

Fangorn
05-25-2013, 11:43 AM
It happens more than you might think. As a CM my son played a number of roles; in a number of shows, parades and yes, as the occasional random character. Many times we would be scheduled to do, say, Goofy in the morning at Chef Mickeys. As he's on his way to work, he'd get a call to report instead to DHS to do puppet work at Playhouse Disney. The scheduled puppeteer was sick and DS was moved in as a last minute replacement. Diners at Chef Mickey's can still eat without Goofy being there - can't have the show at Playhouse Disney without Mickey though.

That said, Disney tries to avoid all that from happening, but the reality is that there is an "order of importance" for entertainment CMs, and those CMs that know multiple shows, parades and characters get moved around a lot, and with little notice. Characters at the meals, are definitely toward the bottom of that list.

Steve

joanna71985
05-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Entertainment is subject to change. I wouldn't book dining based on a specific character (as there is always the chance they may not be there)