PDA

View Full Version : Which park on a Saturday, a Sunday?

DizMagic
05-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Which parks do you usually go to on a Saturday and on a Sunday if you're trying to go to the least crowded parks?

We are going in early October. Our trip starts on a Friday this year, so we are going to Magic Kingdom first, but over the weekend I'd like to choose the parks that are less busy. Then, we will more or less wing it during the weekdays which shouldn't be as crowded as the weekend.

Thanks for your help. :mickey:

Scar
05-21-2013, 02:33 PM
Not sure, But during the F&W Festival, Epcot will be the busiest, especially in the afternoon/evening.

Strmchsr
05-21-2013, 03:23 PM
The correct answer on Saturday is "doesn't exist." All the parks are more crowded on Saturdays. Epcot generally does the best in feeling less crowded, but as Jeff noted during the F&WF Epcot gets really packed in the later afternoons and evenings. So, if you're worried about crowds, hit Epcot in the morning then spend the late afternoon or evening at your resort.

On Sundays it's the same situation, just not as bad. Again, all the parks will be more crowded, but that tends to be more after lunch. Mornings can be pretty quiet, even at MK.

AgentC
05-21-2013, 03:53 PM
I am pretty much with Chris on this.

Epcot is usually our go to park on Saturday especially if we are doing a day trip and can't get over to WDW early, but it gets very crowded during Food & Wine. Future World is not too bad but World Showcase gets packed by early afternoon.

In October DHS might be a good choice for a Saturday. Here is my rational.

-MK is always crowded on Saturdays and during October usually has the Halloween Party on Fridays and Sunday which funnels more offsite visitors to MK.
-AK has EMH hours which will make it more crowded than normal but people often only do a 1/2 day there so if they are open late enough during the your trip, the afternoon might work
-Epcot will be crowded for the reasons already mentioned.

If your trip is during the one weekend that DHS had the Saturday EMH I'd trade out DHS for AK.

Sunday

-Which ever park had EMH on Saturday should have lower attendance on the Sunday
-If MK has the Halloween Party Sunday, it is a good choice because the daytime hours tend to be lighter.

However I have also totally not followed my own advice and had a great trip, so don't stress too much and just expect to see crowds on Saturday. :)

greengeen
05-21-2013, 06:24 PM
I've heard that the busiest day at MK is actually Sunday. Not Friday or Saturday like you would think.

I always visit Epcot on Sundays. Yes, it's busier during Food & Wine, but still more manageable on a Sunday than any other day.

DizMagic
05-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Thank you! I think we're going to head to Hollywood Studios on the Saturday. For Sunday, it's either Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom -- depending on, like you said, EMH and Halloween Party schedules.

For some reason I never really know when to fit in Animal Kingdom during a week's stay, though we really enjoy it and spend the whole day there. Do you have a particular day of the week that you typically go to AK?:mickey: