PDA

View Full Version : top of the world lounge

Plex
05-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Last summer this was open to all dvc members for a while. is it still open to all dvc members or has it gone back to blt guests only?

VWL Mom
05-21-2013, 03:11 PM
It is still open to DVC members. From MS

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: the Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2013 (blockout dates in 2013 are July 3 and 4, and December 30 and 31). Current operating hours are 6 p.m. to midnight.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

Note that Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking is unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

mickeyman42
05-23-2013, 06:05 AM
ok this may be a dumb question but are children allowed up there? I mean its a lounge after all, and if you wanted to go and watch wishes, or halowishes as would be the case for us, what time should we go there and check in? thanks in advance

LAURA.WDWLOVER
05-23-2013, 10:37 AM
We stay at BLT every year. We have taken our grandson (currently 6) up several times. There is separate seating away from the bar area and you can go outside to view the fireworks. You can also see the fireworks from the bridge connecting BLT to the Contemporary. The music is piped in to both locations.

BuffaloJason
06-25-2013, 09:15 PM
Do i interpret this correctly that as non-DVC members staying at BLT on rented point we would not have access to top of the world?

wedrod
07-01-2013, 11:22 AM
We stayed there last year on rented points and had no problem getting to the Lounge. I think if you stay on rented points that your card will still say "DVC Member"....ours did.

DizneyFreak2002
07-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Do i interpret this correctly that as non-DVC members staying at BLT on rented point we would not have access to top of the world?
You would still have access to the lounge... Your key card should read DVC MEMBER even though you rented points...

VWL Mom
07-03-2013, 08:36 AM
You would still have access to the lounge... Your key card should read DVC MEMBER even though you rented points...

We just returned and are DVC members. The key card says DVC Room only, it does not say DVC MEMBER. We needed our membership cards.