PDA

View Full Version : My Disney Experience road test

GoofyFan
05-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Ok, gang, just got back from a 5 day/ six night stay at Disneyworld and used MDE extensively. Here's a mini-review.

The latest version loaded faster and was quite responsive on my Samsung Galaxy Victory. Wait times and fast pass return times were dead-on accurate .Maps and navigation worked very well. The Times Guide was very nice to have and made on the spot planning a joy. Making dining reservations worked fine so long as the actual Disney dining rezzie service was up and running. I had one occasion were I was being told there were no seats, walked into the restaurant anyway and got seated immediately. Another time I made rezzie's for Boma's, it only took a couple of minutes and we were all set.

The only down side I noticed was actually with Disney's wifi system. Usually the signal was very strong (both at the parks and the resorts) and yet the Here and Now feature would reply that "this feature only works if you are at the Disney World Resort. Would you like to see park times instead?" Uh, guys, look at the ip assignment. I'm on YOUR network in YOUR park. Sometimes, even though the signal was strong, it would drop and my phone would latch onto 3g or 4g from my provider. This switching REALLY confuses the app to the point that you need to just back up and try again.

Overall, I would say it was a successful test and it really enhanced our stay at the resort. We're home now and I'm going to uninstall it, but I will, indeed, reinstall the next time we head for the 'World.

Hope this helps out.

Cheers!

Nick

Mrs Bus Driver
05-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the info. There are a couple of threads where people are expressing their concern about MDE, perhaps you or one of the mods could add your comments to one or both. I am sure everyone would appreciate your input. :mickey:

SBETigg
05-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks, Nick. I had a similar experience with dining. It worked well for the most part. One night in Epcot, we were looking for dining and it said nothing was available. We checked in at the restaurant anyway (this was a night we opted for San Angel Inn) and they were able to seat us within minutes. So it always pays to check with the venue just in case.

DizneyRox
07-15-2013, 01:16 PM
After using it for a bit, while helpful, it's a battery killer. I would suggest installing Greenify along with it. You can then kill MDE when it's not active and save yourself a ton of battery.

Inside Wifi is a drag, rely on your 'real' data connection for a better experience.