PDA

View Full Version : How to attack Mickey's Halloween Party?

DizMagic
05-21-2013, 09:22 AM
If you've been to the Halloween Party, what is your typical plan of attack? We have been once before and LOVED it and want to do it again this year. We had such a great time, but we didn't see and do everything.

We probably missed some cool things just because we didn't know about it. We trick-or-treated, rode rides -- especially Haunted Mansion -- and got some cool Photopass pictures. Any suggestions for how to attack the Halloween Party and any things that are not-to-be-missed?

Camaro305
05-21-2013, 11:47 AM
In case you aren't aware, get in line for the 7 dwarves near Splash Mountain exit around 5:30. :mickey:

AgentC
05-21-2013, 12:12 PM
I think it depends on what is most important to you. There are so many things to do or see, that it is really not possible to do them all.

Not to be missed is the parade and the fireworks. The Villains show is fun too.

My kids love the trick or treating so we always allot time for that.

Do you love characters? Special characters (Like the 7 Dwarves already mentioned) are out but their lines tend to get long early. If character meets are important , there are usually reports on the Internet about which characters to meet and where they are once the first party has happened. I think characters require the most planning.

For us the lowest priorities are rides followed by the most of the dance parties. Rides because we can do them any day and dance parties just aren't our thing.

minnie04
05-21-2013, 01:36 PM
You should be able to get it all in. Last year when we went we got there around 8:00pm and that is way too late for me. I always want to be in the parks early, but that being said we still got to do everything the kids wanted to do. The park wasn’t full at all. The lines were not long and waiting times were perfect. Just plan out what you like the most and make it happen. The other time we went was on Halloween night that was a little crazy crowded, but we still saw everything they wanted to see and do. :mickey:

indytraveler
05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Parade, Fireworks definitely. If you watch fireworks from behind castle, make your way to the front. Pretty cool. Other posts mentioned dance party and trick or treating, so that leaves the rides.

Haunted Mansion is a must. Have your own judging of costumes.

Scorpiosammy
05-21-2013, 08:16 PM
We do the MNNSHP because my DH and I love Halloween (we tame it down for Disney :secret: ) and love short lines for rides. I miss true "E-Nights"!

As far as party specifics, I wouldnt miss the fireworks and parade. It was awesome seeing the Headless Horseman parading down Main Street ;) No wait for rides was also worth the ticket :thumbsup:

DizMagic
05-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Camaro305, thanks for the tip about the dwarves! We didn't know there was a meet and greet for them so we will make sure to include that.

When we were there before, we were so busy with the Haunted Mansion and POTC and the cool photo ops on that side of the park (and trick-or-treating & the parade, too) that we never made it to the Future World side of the park...another question, what is the dance party? We must have missed that. Thanks everyone for your tips.

AgentC
05-22-2013, 10:27 AM
The dance parties have a dj playing music and you can dance with characters. It is not a traditional meet and greet.

Last year there were two -Woody's Happy Harvest Party at Diamond Horseshoe Review and Stitch's Club 626 in Tomorrowland.

The Dwarves are great and they don't come out very often other than parties. Definitely take Camaro305's advice to get in line early if you want to see them. Their line gets big fast.

CaptSmee
05-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Just go & have fun....that's what its all about! We ride some rides, get some candy, watch some shows & like others have said the parade & fireworks are excellent :thumbsup:

Main Street Jim
05-23-2013, 07:15 PM
When we were there before, we were so busy with the Haunted Mansion and POTC and the cool photo ops on that side of the park (and trick-or-treating & the parade, too) that we never made it to the Future World side of the park...another question, what is the dance party? We must have missed that. Thanks everyone for your tips.I wasn't aware EPCOT had a Haunted Mansion and PotC :thedolls::thedolls: LOLOLOL....I'm *kidding*, of course :)

Here's my recommended "plan":

Take the day (or an early afternoon) off from the rest of the parks. Relax at the pool...do some shopping...maybe some DisneyQuest or a water park...head back to the room around 1:00 in the afternoon, or shortly after lunch. RELAX...take a nap...get your costumes ready...then head back to Magic Kingdom around 3:30-3:45pm.

Recent protocol has been to allow MNSSHP guests into the park, using ONLY your Party tickets (and not use up a day on your park tickets) at 4:00pm, even though the party doesn't "officially" start until about 7:00. Use that three hours to hit your favorite "big" attractions - Splash/Space/Thunder Mountains, Speedway, PotC, the new Fantasyland...get the "party-exclusive" t-shirt or pin at the Emporium, etc. Around 7:30 or so, grab your spot on Main Street for the parade (especially the Ride of the Headless Horseman if you've never seen it!). Stick around shortly after the parade for the fireworks, "Happy Hallowishes" - which go off *all around* the park. Then, after the fireworks, hit your trick-or-treat locations, get your photo ops, see the Villains show :malef:...and then, just before the park closes at midnight, hit the Mansion as your "last ride" :hmghost: ....LOL

DizMagic
05-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Main Street Jim, is the "party exclusive tshirt" available during the hours of the Halloween Party only? And what is the Villains Show? Thanks!

Main Street Jim
05-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Main Street Jim, is the "party exclusive tshirt" available during the hours of the Halloween Party only? And what is the Villains Show? Thanks!You'd probably be better off asking "11290" on here about the shirts - if they even still do them. I know when I worked at the parks, they were only available in "limited" quantities and sold out *quick*.

The Villains' show is (I think) on the Castle stage throughout the night.

WDW&MK
05-24-2013, 01:32 PM
I agree with previous posts. Two suggestions I have are 1) ride Peter Pan. It's just DH and I - no kids, so we never wait for Peter Pan because it is always such a long wait time. During MNSSHP we can practically walk on the ride.
2) Be at your viewing spot for the parade at least 15 minutes early so that you do not miss the headless horseman. Of anything, this is the absolute best thing at the party!! I believe he rides a good 15 minutes or so prior to start of the parade.

MrPeetrie
05-24-2013, 03:21 PM
The Halloween Parade is our absolute favorite parade. We love to watch it on Main Street so we can hear the pre-snow music and watch the "ghosts" on the buildings' facades. Get there early. Main Street viewing fills quickly.

Try to see the bride outside the Haunted Mansion. The whole attraction is "plussed" a bit, as the CMs have additional makeup applied.

There are two candy trails: one at Splash Mountain; one behind the Indy Cars to Tomorrowland. Oodles of candy there.

Try to get an event souvenir, either T-shirt, pin, or some other. CMs do not put them out until they feel sure non-party guests have left the park.

The Fireworks show is great, as is the music.

There's a villains show at the castle.

There usually are two dance parties, and if you have young ones, they're great.

Bottom line: the atmosphere is electric. It's a fun (albeit pricey) night at the Magic Kingdom. Enjoy!