PDA

View Full Version : VGF sales begin May 23rd for members

VWL Mom
05-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Just saw on FB, sales and tours of VGF for DVC members will begin on Thursday, May 23rd. All pertinent information (like price) will be on the member site Thursday morning. Sales will be open to the general public on June 19th.

Checkers
05-20-2013, 02:46 PM
:mickey: Is it true that the studios at the VGF sleep 5? That would be great if it is so.

disneymom15
05-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Thanks Lynn, anxious to view the tour.

Maleficent's Dad
05-20-2013, 03:53 PM
According to DVC News:

Initial pricing is $145 per point for any quantity of 25 or more points. There is a 50 point minimum in order to finance the purchase. This initial pricing is available only to current DVC members. Expect rates to increase when sales begin for the general public...if not sooner.

That's far more reasonable than I was expecting!!! :thumbsup:

Hammer
05-20-2013, 04:45 PM
It's scary when $145 a point is considered "reasonable"! 3625 dollars for the minimum 25 point purchase (if you aren't financing) and that will probably not get you a night there in any size accommodation.

DVC2004
05-20-2013, 05:04 PM
It's scary when $145 a point is considered "reasonable"! 3625 dollars for the minimum 25 point purchase (if you aren't financing) and that will probably not get you a night there in any size accommodation.

So true!

Maleficent's Dad
05-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeah, Christine, you're right there!! All of my points were less than $90, and I remember the original OKW Members paying in the $50-$60 range. I absolutely expected Grand Floridian to open between $175-$200 per. That was my point.

Interestingly enough, the points per night are VERY high. DVC has released the point charts.

VWL Mom
05-20-2013, 06:50 PM
:mickey: Is it true that the studios at the VGF sleep 5? That would be great if it is so.

According to the charts the studios will accommodate 5.

I absolutely expected Grand Floridian to open between $175-$200 per. That was my point.

Interestingly enough, the points per night are VERY high. DVC has released the point charts.

I think this is an introductory price and you'll be seeing the $175 soon enough. No way can AKV be more than VGF.

Points per night are a bit high IMO. A 2 bdrm at VWL in for a week in early Nov costs 282, this would cost 356 standard and 433 lake.....that's an extra short trip I could make.

I noticed too they had said the GVs were 4 bedrooms but the charts show 3. Wonder what's up there?

Dues are starting at $5.41.

MyDisneyworld
05-21-2013, 06:55 AM
I'm surprised they are allowing people to buy such a small amount of points. Normally you see them require 150 minimum or something like that. Maybe because it's for members who already have points and just trying to get them to add on. Guess you could work it out to get a night or two.

SBETigg
05-21-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm not a DVC member yet. I've been waiting for VGF to go on sale, but I still haven't convinced my husband that DVC is for us. It's killing me. I want! The rooms look gorgeous. Just pretty enough to not feel like Grandma's house, but with that elegant, old feel. Our kids are grown up and we'll need the space to bring them on vacation with us, especially as they add to our family. I'm going to have to convince him.

ANG
05-21-2013, 02:13 PM
I am dying to stay there! I hope they will also release when current members can book a vacation.

tink'72
05-23-2013, 04:23 PM
We are heading down in July and so cannot wait to tour these rooms!

DVC Mike
05-24-2013, 06:24 PM
The decor of the rooms is really nice, but that's it, so I'm not tempted.

I already have BLT, and it offers great views of the fireworks, the ability to walk to the MK, quicker access to Epcot via the monorail, a DVC pool and community center, cheaper maintenance fees, and it takes less points to stay there than VGF.

I don't need VGF, despite the decor of the rooms.

I think the studios at VGF may be difficult to book at 7 months, but I should be able to snag a 1-BR at 7 months.

buzznwoodysmom
05-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Can anyone explain how the studio will sleep 5? My sister in law is there now and her mom just added points at VFG. She mentioned that the studio sleeps 5, but didn't explain how and I hate to bombard her with texts while she is on vacation. As far as I can see in the pics I can't figure out where the 5th person would sleep???

Mrs Bus Driver
05-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Most likely there is a chair that folds out into a bed. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Most likely there is a chair that folds out into a bed. :mickey:

That's what I though too, at first. But after looking at several pics there didn't appear to be any chairs that could convert to a bed.

Another site has stated that there is a fold out bed in the TV stand, much like the ones at riverside. After looking at a pic of the TV stand in the one bedroom I can now see that that is most likely where the 5th person will sleep in both the studios and one bedroom units. I sure hope those fold out beds are comfy and can hold a person bigger than a small child.