PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to Boma?

PlutoLover
05-20-2013, 10:18 AM
From POR what is the best way to get to Boma for breakfast? Can you easily and in short time walk there from the bus depot at AK or should I do a 2 bus route and take a bus right to AKL? We are not morning people so even making it to a breakfast is a task, lol, so we are all about ease!

DisneyDINK
05-20-2013, 10:30 AM
It is one of my issues with WDW. There is no walking path from AK to AKL. You'd have to navigate your own path through a couple of parking lots. I'm not even sure it is "allowed". The distance isn't as short as you might think either.

Taking 2 busses takes a long time. I did this same thing from the Poly once and I vowed to take a cab the next time. I take at lease 2 cabs per 4-5 day trip. The trip is much more predictable, you can sleep later and it won't cost much from POR to the AKL.

I also kinda made it a rule not to do ADRs for breakfast. I liked Boma's breakfast, but I'll probably do it again only if I stay at the AKL.

faline
05-20-2013, 10:54 AM
As noted, there is no walking path from the park to the resort. I'd plan on taking a bus to Animal Kingdom and then switching the Lodge bus from there. Or, as suggested, take a cab.

NJDad
05-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Or take the bus to the AK and take a cab to the Lodge to save $$$.

PlutoLover
05-21-2013, 11:06 AM
thanks everyone, not sure what I'll do maybe I'll have to get up early :down:

ThanxForNoticin
05-21-2013, 12:14 PM
I'm not a big advocate of the cab rides, but in this situation that might make the most sense. Another option is to take a Disney bus from POR to any of the parks (it wouldn't even need to be AK), and then catch another bus to AKL.

When you get to AKL, remember to get off at Jambo House for Boma (you might already know that, but it could be important!). Enjoy your breakfast. It'll be worth the travel time to get to Boma!

Scar
05-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Another option is to take a Disney bus from POR to any of the parks (it wouldn't even need to be AK), and then catch another bus to AKL.Although I would not take the MK bus if it's the first one. Too far out of the way.