PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Cape May cafe

disneymomma2010
05-19-2013, 05:18 PM
We do a character meal every year for the kids and this year we need one on the day we go to HS. I thought it might be nice to eat breakfast at Cape may cafe and then head over to HS on the boat. We have never done this before and we have never been to the BC, YC, nor the boardwalk. Has anyone ever done this before? Will it take up too much time? What's Cape May like? And most importantly...Is Mickey there?:mickey:

Thanks!

AgentC
05-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately Cape May does not have Mickey. It has Minnie, Donald and Goofy in beach attire.

We have done it a few times and have enjoyed it. The buffet is pretty much what you get at all the other breakfast buffets but I find the atmosphere to be more relaxing.

The Epcot resort area is very pretty and I think worth seeing. You can walk to Epcot in 5-10 minutes or DHS in 15-20. We usually take our car so I am not sure how long the boat will take. I've only taken it once and it does stop at each resort so depending on where you get on it cab be slow. Hopefully someone who has taken the boat can give you more information on it.

Overall a pleasant meal and good character interaction.

Janmac
05-19-2013, 08:03 PM
We like Cape May for breakfast - we ate here just a couple of months ago and I can't for the life of me remember Minnie. But Donald and Goofy were a lot of fun.

Cape May is at a resort - so no direct bus from your resort. We have in the past made ADRs for an early EMH day at Epcot, taken an early bus there, and then walked through to the back door (International Gateway) and over to Beach Club and Cape May. It's fun to walk through Canada and UK early in the morning.

We usually then go to Animal Kingdom by bus because we are probably missing rope drop, eating at Cape May. We don't want to miss rope drop at DHS but it's no big deal at AK.

Lately tho, we've started taking taxis to a resort when eating there - I think because we're not all staying at the same resort any more. Now we'd probably cab to Cape May for an early ADR - as close to 7 am as possible. Then walk out to the lighthouse on the boat dock (nice photo ops here) for the ride to DHS. Should arrive about rope drop and the mad fast-walk to Toy Story.

Jan

disneymomma2010
05-20-2013, 12:02 AM
We wanted to see Mickey.:( But I made the reservation anyway. I don't want to eat at the same character meal every year. We have already done Ohana several times and chef Mickeys.

We were going to drive to beach club from our resort..yet to be deturmined...but will be moderate. Would it be easier just to drive from there to HS? Or should we take the boat/or walk? Just thinking of an easy way to get back "home" that night.

thejens
05-20-2013, 12:08 AM
I loved Cape May Breakfast! I feel sure that Mickey was there when we dined there though. Minnie without Mickey? That just doesn't seem right?! We loved Goofy though.

DizneyRox
05-20-2013, 12:33 AM
Resort parking is limited to three hours, you will need to move your car to a park lot.

Driving really is a must if you want to have an early breakfast there. You may be able to leverage MGM busses, but the walk is fairly long, so it will take some time. Walking from MGM parking lots or going through Epcot is probably a wash.

It's a decent breakfast though...

AgentC
05-20-2013, 05:58 AM
Since you will have a car I would definitely drive to the Beach Club and then to DHS. DHS is a very easy park to get in and out of by car.

I know it won't work for your plans on this trip but if you are looking for a different Mickey meal, I do recommend Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. It is an excellent meal.

disneymomma2010
05-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Good to know disneyrox. Thanks agent c. We will just drive to both.
I do want to try the tusker house some time! Maybe next trip. This trip we are already eating at Boma and Rainforest so it would be too much on this trip.
Thanks!