PDA

View Full Version : Honey I Shrunk the Audience

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
05-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Im finding myself missing HISTA. It reminds me of my childhood days! It was one of my favorite rides! Do you guys miss it? (Plus its stupid that EO replaced it :mad: :mad:)

k10
05-16-2013, 04:10 PM
It depresses me every time I'm there. It was one of my all time favorite things.

Why, Disney? Why? :confused:

ASweetLov
05-16-2013, 04:45 PM
I miss it too! Makes me sad that its gone :pout:

mechanic
05-16-2013, 05:44 PM
I thought it had been around long enough. Eo is a nice temporary change. Maybe shrunk will come back when eo ends?

ransam
05-16-2013, 05:44 PM
When it was replaced by EO i thought they said it was only temporary.

clausjo
05-16-2013, 07:09 PM
It reminds me of my childhood days!

This is how I feel about EO! I loved being able to see it again and show it to my children - who thought it was pretty good! :thumbsup:

mechanic
05-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Yes. I was there right after it reopened, and I remember it was "limited time". Of course that was 3 years ago...

Goofy4TheWorld
05-16-2013, 07:56 PM
When it was replaced by EO i thought they said it was only temporary.

Yep, EO and MSEP are both limited time offers circa 2010. I terrible miss SpectroMagic and HATED EO.

Pop Centurion
05-16-2013, 08:29 PM
HISTA was one of those attractions you get tired of until it's gone.

MrPeetrie
05-16-2013, 09:24 PM
I had only seen HISTA two or three times, but thoroughly enjoyed it each time. I looked forward to seeing it.

I saw EO once and knew that was enough!

mgmnut
05-17-2013, 06:21 AM
I saw EO once and knew that was enough!

Same here!! I had missed EO the first time around on it's first run back in the 80's. I thought I had really missed something. We saw it on our last trip. I'm glad we did, but I'm good now.... No reason to see it again.

ransam
05-17-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm glad i saw EO last year.
I can see how 30 years ago or so it was breaking new ground, but now it's jsut old.
to be honest, while i'm glad i saw it, it wasn't very good. even the song wasn't that great.

MyDisneyworld
05-17-2013, 10:59 AM
I wish HISTA would come back. I remember the feeling of mice running up your legs. Hated that part but it was a crazy feeling the first time.

BuddyL4
05-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Oh my I remember the scratches on my sons legs when grandma freaked out over the mice and grabbed his leg! My son never laughed so hard it didn't hurt but was hilarious. I have to admit I am no fan of the late king of pop but the chance to try EO is on my list.

Elias1901
05-17-2013, 11:55 AM
I like EO, it is a neat time-piece... tough tremendously dated. I too also miss HISTA. I remember being *terrified* of it on my first trip as an 8 year old boy (2001). I really like the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids films and the fact that it had it's own attraction at the Disney Parks. Though even HISTA is looking a bit dated too... just not as extreme as EO.

I am beside myself on which I'd prefer to have stick around. But I'm thinking HISTA is leading my opinions a bit more, it is a great special effects driven show. EO has great tunes though... ugh! Decisions, decisions!! :secret:

bruin1344
05-17-2013, 01:02 PM
I miss the double doses of Dr. Nigel Channing from HISTA and Journey :laugh: I will take HISTA 10 times out of 10 over EO. Please Disney, get rid of EO from Epcot and Disneyland.

Elias1901
05-17-2013, 02:23 PM
I miss the double doses of Dr. Nigel Channing from HISTA and Journey.

Actually, I was going to mention that! But I forgot... Eric Idle is brilliant. Ahahaha... :D

k10
05-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Actually, I was going to mention that! But I forgot... Eric Idle is brilliant. Ahahaha... :D

Eric Idle's all over that Figment ride that is right near currect day EO. but nothing tops HISTA. ugh.

EJS-Houston
05-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Absolutely! I MUCH prefer Honey I Shrunk the Audience to Captain EO, even though the snake always freaked me out.

Lindsey
05-18-2013, 01:03 PM
I was happy to see Captain EO, but I would like HISTA back. I took my then 6 year old niece to WDW with me soon after they switched to Captain EO. I wasn't sure at the time if they had already made the switch, (I was so busy at work I wasn't keeping up on WDW news), but my niece had the resort TV on, and on it they showed HISTA. Of course my niece wanted to see it, so I said that we would. We go to Epcot the next day, start to approach HISTA, and I say "OK! Let's go to Honey I Shrunk the........Captain EO???" I had to explain to my niece that the TV was wrong and there was a 'new' attraction where HISTA used to be. She was disappointed, but we watched Captian EO anyways. My niece didn't know who Micheal Jackson was, twice during the show she leaned over to me and asked, "Is the captain a girl or a boy?" Hahahaha. :silly:

Melanie
05-18-2013, 01:16 PM
I'd love something new in that space, and also a replacement of the HISTC play area at Hollywood Studios.

tinkwest
05-18-2013, 03:24 PM
I think it is a generational thing that leans you in the direction of either HISTA or EO. I never connected with HISTA but remember the days when the entire audience would happily recite all the lines of OE right along with Michael Jackson and his ragtag crew. To me it was fun and nostalgic to see it return. BUT it has run it's course, IMO, and I think they need something completely new to occupy this space on both coasts.

Lindsey
05-18-2013, 04:42 PM
I think it is a generational thing that leans you in the direction of either HISTA or EO.

I agree, I'm cool with something new going in there though. I don't have kids, but I have 8 nieces and nephews, (ages 9 months - 11 years), and all but the 9 month old love the "Honey I shrunk the Kids" movies. They still air sometimes on Disney and ABC. So that is why my niece wanted to go to the attraction. She still liked EO though, (later I took two of my nephews and they didn't care for it), I'm sure she would like anything new they put there as well. That particular niece finds just about everything at Disney fun, which is why I have taken her several times. :mickey:

FLKatie912
05-19-2013, 12:15 AM
It depresses me every time I'm there. It was one of my all time favorite things.

Why, Disney? Why? :confused:

I find it amusing that there are so many HISTA fans coming out of the woodwork. I remember reading so many posts years ago of people dying to have EO come back though now I hardly ever see anyone in the attraction ;)

MrPeetrie
05-19-2013, 07:28 AM
FlKatie912, I never bad-mouthed HISTA (I always really liked the attraction), but when I heard something new (old) was taking its place, I was excited to try it.

I tried Captain EO once and I miss the old (but-not-as-old-as-EO) show and I wish it was back. Wiuld I be excited about a totally new attraction? Absolutely!! But at the moment, we avoid the Imagination Pavillion completely.

TheVBs
05-19-2013, 08:09 AM
We actually haven't been to either show! If one or the other is still there next trip, we'll have to make a point to try it.

BTM
05-21-2013, 09:05 PM
This is how I feel about EO! I loved being able to see it again and show it to my children - who thought it was pretty good! :thumbsup:

Agree. I remember being there around the time it first opened and it being a really big deal. We go now for the nostalgia. As a plus, my son now loves the show.