PDA

View Full Version : Beaches and Cream

Sunshine1010
05-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Never been here.

Reading up about it. I just wanted to make sure I understand:
1. They do NOT take ADR's. You just show up and wait like a 'normal' restaurant. Correct?
2. And....they DO take the Dining Plan...correct?

Another question:
3. How crowded is it around 7-8 pm (in November during the 'slow' season) ?

BriarRose0708
05-16-2013, 02:42 PM
1. Correct, no ADRs for Beaches and Cream.
2. Yes, a meal here in the restaurant is a Table Service credit.
3. I don't know about how crowded it would be in November. The closer you are to Thanksgiving the more crowded the resort in general, so if you think you're going during a busy time I'd try to get there early for lunch if you're worried about getting in.

BrerGnat
05-16-2013, 03:27 PM
I do want to point out, this place is a VERY poor use of a TS credit. The meals are cheap and most of the elaborate sundaes don't "count" as desserts on the DDP. I would recommend paying OOP here. Our meal for 4 was under $40. It cost less than our CS breakfast at the AoA food court...

Around 7-8 it will probably be VERY busy, even in slow season. We went in mid December and waited about 2.5 hours when we showed up at 6pm on a Wednesday. So, be prepared to wait. You can avoid the wait if you eat around 2-4pm, or right when they open around 11am.

Sunshine1010
05-16-2013, 04:45 PM
BrerGnat --- Thank You for 'looking out for me'. Yes, I agree. It is a 'poor' use for a TS credit. May have to rethink using a TS credit here. But...we eat so much at Disney anyhow, that it may be a welcomed 'change'. lol

By the way --- how tasty is the food?

DisneyGiant
05-16-2013, 11:14 PM
I do want to point out, this place is a VERY poor use of a TS credit. The meals are cheap and most of the elaborate sundaes don't "count" as desserts on the DDP. I would recommend paying OOP here. Our meal for 4 was under $40. It cost less than our CS breakfast at the AoA food court...

Around 7-8 it will probably be VERY busy, even in slow season. We went in mid December and waited about 2.5 hours when we showed up at 6pm on a Wednesday. So, be prepared to wait. You can avoid the wait if you eat around 2-4pm, or right when they open around 11am.

BrerGnat --- Thank You for 'looking out for me'. Yes, I agree. It is a 'poor' use for a TS credit. May have to rethink using a TS credit here. But...we eat so much at Disney anyhow, that it may be a welcomed 'change'. lol

By the way --- how tasty is the food?

We manage to eat here every July. You can eat here really any time - as long as you are willing to possibly wait up to an hour or even more (depends how big your party is).

And we would never think to waste a TS here. Maybe you have another ADR that needs to take 2 TS?

Also another hint - the sundaes tend to be on the big size - so its very easy to share & save some $$$ unless you really want the kitchen sink!!!!

The food - the cheeseburgers are really quite tasty - and I love the grilled cheese they have as well.

I highly recommend this restaurant as a change of pace to the more formal TS restaurants. They really need to make it larger to accommodate their many fans!

BrerGnat
05-17-2013, 08:11 AM
We found the food to be very good for the price. It is priced similarly to a CS but the quality is much better. My husband and I shared the grilled steak sub (no longer on the menu) with a side of Onion Rings, our son had a cheeseburger and fries, and our other son had a HUGE brownie sundae for dinner (he had eaten a late lunch that day so we let him order just dessert). I also got a chocolate milkshake. We left there stuffed, didn't even finish the brownie sundae (we all sort of picked at it after DS was done with it...seriously it was HUGE).

The only thing I didn't love was that after waiting over 2 hours, the only place they could seat us was the counter, which isn't ideal with 2 young kids, but we managed. The good thing about being there was that our service was very good since we could just ask for anything we needed and there were plenty of people behind the counter to help us out.

Just know that you aren't necessarily waiting for a table, just a place to sit, and that might be the counter sitting on stools. If that won't work for you, make sure you let the hostess know up front.

ChipDale2708
05-17-2013, 10:15 AM
We just ate there two weeks ago and noticed menu and price changes. Our lunch for 2 was $42 w/ 18% tip. We each had their cheeseburgers which were delicious, but no ice cream. That's a lot for lunch. I still love the restaurant, but I wouldn't give it any more than a 20 minute wait. Both times we ate there this trip we were there right at 11am (first guests of the day) or shortly there after w/ no wait. Our second meal there we did split the grill cheese & soup combo and the cost was 1/2 of our previous meal.

DisneyDINK
05-17-2013, 10:38 AM
I've utilized the walk-up window to get ice cream for desert after having diner at one of the Epcot area restaurants. The wait was just a few minutes. I'd rather have an ice cream cone while strolling around the waterfront than sit in the restaurant having a huge sundae.

I'd like to try the food sometime, but, yeah, the wait can be a bit off-putting.

buzznwoodysmom
05-17-2013, 11:56 AM
We love Beaches N Cream. I agree completely with those saying not to waste a TS credit here. I would never use our dining plan credits for a meal here. When we do eat here we pay OOP.

We have been at all different times and have waited as little as 10 minutes, and been told the wait was as long as over an hour. Going between 7-8 pm at any time of the year is probably going to be a long wait.

Sunshine1010
05-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback guys. I knew I could depend on you for honest opinions.

Jeri Lynn
05-17-2013, 02:37 PM
I agree, don't use TS for this restaurant. I love Beaches and Cream and their cheeseburgers, I also love Hurricane Hanna's and think the burgers taste just as good there!!

MOJoe
05-17-2013, 04:54 PM
We just ate there two weeks ago and noticed menu and price changes. Our lunch for 2 was $42 w/ 18% tip. We each had their cheeseburgers which were delicious, but no ice cream. That's a lot for lunch. I still love the restaurant, but I wouldn't give it any more than a 20 minute wait. Both times we ate there this trip we were there right at 11am (first guests of the day) or shortly there after w/ no wait. Our second meal there we did split the grill cheese & soup combo and the cost was 1/2 of our previous meal.

Wow. That's a Huge price increase.
The last time we ate here the cost was as Natalie reported. Around $10 per person. If they no longer offer the original B&C Burger, at somewhat near the former price, we may have forgo meals and just come for the ice cream.

buzznwoodysmom
05-17-2013, 05:48 PM
I agree, don't use TS for this restaurant. I love Beaches and Cream and their cheeseburgers, I also love Hurricane Hanna's and think the burgers taste just as good there!!

Last August while staying at Yacht Club we tried to have a late lunch at Beaches n Cream and were told the wait was over an hour. Instead we got milk shakes from the walk up window and then over to Hurricane Hannah's for burgers and fries. The burgers were just as good. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually the same burgers served at BNC. They definitely were just as tasty! And it probably cost us half the price.

Sunshine1010
05-17-2013, 10:01 PM
So, it sounds like the 'best bet' for Beaches and Cream is to show up at 11am, and go the OOP way. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrerGnat
05-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Last August while staying at Yacht Club we tried to have a late lunch at Beaches n Cream and were told the wait was over an hour. Instead we got milk shakes from the walk up window and then over to Hurricane Hannah's for burgers and fries. The burgers were just as good. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually the same burgers served at BNC. They definitely were just as tasty! And it probably cost us half the price.

The burgers at HH's ARE the same as the ones at B&C. We ate at HH most of the week we were there. When we did go to B&C, I had had enough cheeseburgers, so we got the steak sub. However, my son got the cheeseburger and it was the SAME.

You can still get a cheeseburger with fries from HH's for $9.49.

But, I just looked at the current prices and based on what we ate last time, it STILL added up to less than $40 with tip. I remember the steak sub was like $14 so I based my estimate on the price of the bacon cheeseburger. The prices haven't really gone up that much.

Jared
05-18-2013, 01:54 PM
As others have said, save the table-service credit and use it to eat a signature restaurant on another night. I love Beaches & Cream. I love the atmosphere, I love the theme. I love the whole experience. It's just plain fun, and it's a big part of what makes the Beach Club such a wonderful resort.

You obviously want to save room for dessert, so keep that in mind when you order. The sundaes are massive, and there's no shame in sharing. I especially like the No Way Jose, but the chocolate cake is a hidden treasure.

(I discovered the wonders of the Beaches & Cream chocolate cake during a late dinner there several years ago with our dear friend Ellen Dominguez. it was her favorite treat there, and she recommended I try it. I miss her.)