PDA

View Full Version : Backpacks in Disney

ransam
05-16-2013, 10:36 AM
In the past i have used a mini briefcase to carry some medical stuff i need, and other accesories.
Lately, i have switched to a backpack.
I was wondering do they allow backpacks through the line at Disney? Especially lately w/ the tragedy in Boston.
My gf said i should check.

thanks.

mydisneygirls
05-16-2013, 10:41 AM
As far as I know, "regular" sized backpacks are allowed but they will be searched. Backpacks on wheels or oversized are not permitted.

#1donaldfan
05-16-2013, 12:14 PM
You should have no problem with a normal backpack.....:mickey:

ANG
05-16-2013, 12:14 PM
As far as I know, "regular" sized backpacks are allowed but they will be searched. Backpacks on wheels or oversized are not permitted.

Ditto. It will be searched anyways.

tinklover
05-16-2013, 01:59 PM
We were just there and we always use a backpack. Never an issue, as others said it will be checked. I did notice a lot of wheeled backpacks being pulled during our trip this past week and I was shocked to see them as I always thought the rules stated nothing that gets pulled can be admitted into the park. :confused:

ransam
05-16-2013, 02:55 PM
thank you guys!

kakn7294
05-16-2013, 03:34 PM
Backpacks are fine. The hubby and I always take drawstring ones. My girls take a crossbody bag or a drawstring backpack as well - the rule in my family is: if you want it, you carry it. Any bag that you take will be searched, regardless of what type it is (backpack, purse, diaper bag, lunch cooler, etc).

I have also seen a rise in the number of wheeled backpacks. I'm surprised that so many are now being let in. While they have their uses, it's not at a crowded place like WDW where they become a tripping hazard.

CU Tiger
05-17-2013, 04:52 PM
We were at DW two weeks ago and they quickly go through you bag and lift it up for weight. No problems at all.:mickey:

EJS-Houston
05-23-2013, 02:19 PM
I also carry a backpack whenever I'm in the parks at Disney World, and I would add that in addition to a fast-but-thorough search whenever entering a park, I've ever had a problem taking it on rides, and I ride everything.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-26-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm wondering if the backpacks on wheels are carried in as a regular backpack? I think maybe the assumption is that they are actually going to carry them once they get into the parks? That being said, I think they should be made to either carry them or store them in a locker instead of pulling them.

Just a word of advice on backpacks. If it's full, I find it easier to use one with wider straps rather than the drawstring ones. The drawstring seems to cut into me more.

AmandaChan
05-27-2013, 07:45 AM
They have always been pretty diligent about searching each and every bag that comes into the parks and I am sure that will only enforce. But it would be pretty difficult to tell people they can bring a backpack considering 75% of people proably bring one....