PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
05-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Do you use your Extra Magic Hours. I know I do I walk until I drop. But I notice a lot of the time the parks are not very filled. I would assume lots of people have small children and have to return early for them. :dumbo:

BuddyL4
05-16-2013, 12:26 AM
We have used the evening hours but never was up early enough for the morning hours.:alarm:

stephicakes
05-16-2013, 05:48 AM
We are "early to bed, early to rise" folks so we always do morning EMH. We get SO much done before noon and go back to our resort to enjoy some pool time :marg: before heading back to a park for the afternoon.

I have never done evening EMH but may attempt it this fall... IF I can keep my eyes open past 9pm! LOL! :sleepin:

k10
05-16-2013, 08:54 AM
every time. every single time. morning and evening. i wouldn't miss it. parks take on an entirely different feeling during those hours, like you're part of a secret club or something. it's a giddy feeling.

disneymom15
05-16-2013, 09:17 AM
We do evening EMH from time to time. We usually never stay till the end.

c&d
05-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Use the evening hours all the time, never have and probably never will see a morning EMH.

ANG
05-16-2013, 12:18 PM
We will use the morning hours but never the night. My kids go to bed at 7pm at home so we try to get them to the resort a little after that. They are absolute bears if they lose sleep so it's not worth it to us.

bruin1344
05-16-2013, 12:57 PM
I have utilized all but the only one I regularly do is Extra Magic Hours Evening at MK. The mornings are hard to wake up for and the evenings get too crowded at Epcot and DHS. At least MK has enough attractions that stay open.

Sylvia
05-16-2013, 09:02 PM
We have taken advantage of both morning and evening EMHs. We usually do evening hours primarily because we especially like experiencing the parks late at night. The atmosphere is magical.:cloud9::cloud9:

indytraveler
05-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Done both on the same day before. However, the next day was a day off, relax by pool, DD, etc. My preference is Evening because its usually longer.

mechanic
05-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Love closing up mk at 2 or 3 am.

Aurora
05-17-2013, 09:09 AM
We do both, especially the morning ones at the MK. They're worth their weight in :bar:.

We did a night EMH at Epcot once but probably won't again. The restaurants and even the food kiosks close up shop well before EMH is over.

CU Tiger
05-17-2013, 04:59 PM
We usually use the evening EMHs at EPCOT and MK. When we are at MK, we leave the park mid-day to go hit the pool or relax. This gives us some energy to stay up late.:mickey:

BigB
05-17-2013, 11:01 PM
We use the EMH. We enjoy the nice dark strolls on the evening hours and like going to Animal Kingdom during the morning hours. We get to see more animals with less people in the way. We Ironman (race not character) one year. We woke up at 4:30 am on our departure date landed by 9:30 am and were in the parks from 10:30 am - 1 am Saturday morning. And we were up by 8 am that morning. A whole-lot-a-tired. But we did it and enjoyed it!!

Mrs Bus Driver
05-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Have always used it in the past both morning and evening. And look forward to using it in the future. :mickey:

azcavalier
05-18-2013, 10:46 PM
We are "early to bed, early to rise" folks so we always do morning EMH. We get SO much done before noon and go back to our resort to enjoy some pool time :marg: before heading back to a park for the afternoon.

I have never done evening EMH but may attempt it this fall... IF I can keep my eyes open past 9pm! LOL! :sleepin:

Ditto. You can get some much ridden during that one morning hour. But lunchtime, many times, we've ridden most things, and we head back to the resort for some downtime before hitting the parks again for the evening.

TheVBs
05-19-2013, 08:13 AM
We've done a couple of the evening ones and enjoyed them. We don't come close to staying the whole time, but it's fun to experience. I'd love to try a morning one, but we can't get up early enough to make a regular opening time at a park, so our chances are slim for making it even earlier! :blush:

AgentC
05-19-2013, 09:11 AM
I use them less than when I first started going regularly to WDW. We used to always use the morning EMH but as my kids are getting a little older, it is a bit more effort to get them out the door on time. I don't think we used them at all on our last two trips.

If we are already in a the park with evening hours we are more likely to use them than if we are not.