PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP - Ticket Pricing: Wow!

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-15-2013, 10:20 AM
I think I may have done this same post last year, but holy Grinch Batman.

I got a monthly e-newsletter today and saw that day-off tix for the event were over $71!!! Maybe its the 100 degree day we had in MN yesterday that made me cranky, but this seems ridiculous even for Disney.

I have no idea how they can justify that pricing level for the product delivered, other than simply "people will pay it." We've done it twice, and even then I groaned at the $45 advance ticket price, and it was enjoyable, but I simply don't see anything that makes it worth over $70. I'm a family of 5 and no way would I ever shell out $350 for a partial nights activity. I just don't get it. Yeah you get to see the Christmas day parade, have some cookies and hot chocolate, and maybe a few shows not normally seen, but none of that amounts to $70 worth of entertainment value, at least imo.

What I really don't like is that, by my count, they are doing this 19 times between Nov-Dec. Generally, this is when we like to go down, which means that basically my access to the Magic Kingdom is cut in 1/2 by this event, although my base ticket prices certainly don't reflect my limited access.

Uggh, I hate money grabs :ack:

Woke up on wrong side of the bed, sorry for the rant. Only one way to solve it.:beer: Can't say you've been drinking all day if you don't start in the morning.:marg:

It's 5:00 somewhere.

etibbetts
05-15-2013, 11:45 AM
I agree that it is a little too high. I typically vacation during MNSSHP and we don't attend as the cost for the entire family is way too much to justify. We can go on those rides any other time, so why would I pay all that money for a parade and trick or treating. I'd rather give the kids $10 each to go buy some candy!

I was there in November and skipped the MVMCP party too.

But as long as people pay it, Disney will charge it.

Bethis26fan
05-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Depending on how larger your family is you can almost add a whole day to your package. We are skipping it this year too I just can't make myself pay that.

Aurora
05-15-2013, 01:00 PM
I have no idea how they can justify that pricing level for the product delivered, other than simply "people will pay it."

:ditto:

I'm a family of 5 and no way would I ever shell out $350 for a partial nights activity.

:ditto:

...Basically my access to the Magic Kingdom is cut in 1/2 by this event, although my base ticket prices certainly don't reflect my limited access.

This is what really irks me. They're double-dipping on the same day, plain and simple. Defenders will say there are still three other parks, but it's really only one other one whose regular hours are past 7 (Epcot). Let's all funnel everyone who doesn't have a party ticket to that park three to four nights a week.

Yeah, they have a special show, parade, fireworks or whatever. If the park was open that night regularly (which it is on the non-party nights), they still would have had parades and shows and had to pay for entertainment, cast members, etc.

I'm right there with you.

thejens
05-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I don't really get these extra parties. Double dipping is what it is.

c&d
05-16-2013, 09:22 AM
I just bought some because my aunt has never seen it and I know she'll really enjoy it. I paid 56 with my DVC discount, I wish it wasn't that expensive.

Quadstriker
05-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Man, I enjoy the snow on main street a lot, but that's a steep price.

ransam
05-16-2013, 05:46 PM
i thought it was cool once, wouldn't go again.
as i remember when we went, and we didn't have any discount, it was just 56 or so.

CU Tiger
05-17-2013, 04:33 PM
I would never pay that. You do not receive anything extra that is worth the money:confused:? The hot chocolate and cookie are not that good.:mickey:

FutureCorpsFan
05-17-2013, 04:42 PM
I’ve been to the Halloween Party and the Christmas Party and I can’t say the CP is worth the money. At least the kids get candy at the HP to take home. I’ve seen the CP once, it was OK to see it then and I have the video, but we won’t do it again. Especially with current pricing.

Scorpiosammy
05-21-2013, 08:20 PM
DH and I have never done the Christmas Party but we would not miss the MNNSHP, once and we were hooked ;) The rides having no wait plus the Macabre mood, along with the parade and special fireworks make for magical nights :thumbsup:

Granted, I wish the tickets were less for MNSSHP but for us its a must and we budget it in somehow ;)

Terra
05-22-2013, 11:35 AM
I agree that the price is way to high IMO.
I'm a FL resident and AP holder with my family. Honestly I wish that if someone is an AP holder, they should include one night of your choice [MNSSHP or MVMCP], and beyond that if you want another you can pay.

I can do hot cocoa and cookies at home, and take my sons to see the parade during the day.

MyDisneyworld
05-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Next they will probably add parties for all holidays so they can double dip more. Before long the MK will be extra ticket only in the evenings or an add on thing like water parks. Great money maker for them. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point.

PirateLover
05-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Having done both the Halloween and Christmas Party, I have to say I feel you get way more bang for your buck at the Halloween Party. It seems like they keep subtracting from the Christmas Party. I love Christmas, and I love Disney at Christmas, but I don't know if we'll ever do the Christmas party again. All that money for a special parade, not-so-special fireworks, lukewarm hot chocolate and a cookie, and a few special characters? Eh.

Hallowishes and the Halloween Parade are sooo much better, and I love the atmosphere of all the people in costume.

Polynesian Dweller
05-22-2013, 01:11 PM
But let's put some perspective on this, only one night is charged at $71, Dec 20, the only Premium night. With some exceptions, the advanced sale price for most nights is $58.

minnie04
05-22-2013, 02:35 PM
When I saw this post. I had to run over to Disney.com and check it out. What I found was the tickets are $62/$57 Nov.- Dec. EXCEPT the 20th of Dec. that is when they are $71/$66.

AP is Nov.-Dec. $58/$53 with limited days..

I do think it’s high regardless. for what you get, but some people (including myself) like going at that time of year because the park isn't that full (depending on the night you choose) I love the MVMCP the best although the MNSSHP has less people and they are fun to see dressed up. :mickey:

MouseHouser
05-23-2013, 11:01 AM
My biggest complaint is not that the party itself isn't fun. I enjoy it. Problem is that the MK is packed on the nights when there is no party.

Last Christmas we had a large family reunion in Orlando the week before Christmas. Now, we love Wishes fireworks. But try to visit the MK on one of the few nights when there is no party: The place is a madhouse! Very few of us had a decent view of Wishes. This is especially true for the little ones.

Does seem a bit greedy of Disney to make it nearly impossible to view the holiday Wishes without ponying up for the party.

ANG
05-23-2013, 01:36 PM
We have done both. I loved the MNSSHP and would do it again. But the Xmas party was miserable. Thru no fault of Disney, it was a SUPER hot and humid day in December when we attended. No way was I drinking hot cocoa. And I was only annoyed at the falling snow as I wiped the sweat off my face. So we decided the party was not for us.