PDA

View Full Version : Just booked Thanksgiving!!!

buzznwoodysmom
05-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Just got home from a "meeting" at my sister in laws where we booked a weeklong Thanksgiving trip for 23 people. Almost the whole family is going. If our little meeting is any indication we are gonna have a blast on the trip. We had a great time booking and planning tonight!

We broke out bottles of wine, booked 6 rooms all with free dining, and were able to get everyone to agree on all 7 meals without any issues.

I really didn't think we were going back this year so let's just say I am super excited! I love going for thanksgiving, and have been around the holidays every other year since 2007!

stephicakes
05-15-2013, 07:14 AM
That's so awesome!! :turkey: Now you can begin your countdown! :thumbsup:

faline
05-15-2013, 07:18 AM
What fun! Glad the planning stage is going so smoothly - especially with such a large party!!

January-2007
05-15-2013, 11:29 AM
How very exciting to have so many people on board!

candace flynn
05-15-2013, 12:19 PM
We are also going the week of Thanksgiving!

How did you get free dining? Pin code? we are hoping for this since both of our kids are over 10 but don't eat like adults!

buzznwoodysmom
05-15-2013, 02:58 PM
How did you get free dining? Pin code? we are hoping for this since both of our kids are over 10 but don't eat like adults!

Yes, pin code. Both my brother in law, and my mother in law had a pin code which allowed us to book up to 6 rooms. The last day to check in before the black out dates is Nov. 23, the day we check in, so we just made it. Hope Disney releases some kind of discount to the general public for your dates too.

Cass&KenziesMom
05-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Jealous! It's looking like we won't get back until 2015. Have fun!!

MizMissy
05-17-2013, 11:58 AM
YAY! So excited for you.

Which hotel did you guys pick?

buzznwoodysmom
05-17-2013, 12:04 PM
YAY! So excited for you.

Which hotel did you guys pick?

Well not thrilled about this, but we will be at Port Orleans Riverside. Not my choice, but we had a few families of 5 and that was the cheapest option for them. Since the pin code wasn't in my name I didn't have much say in the matter. DH and I thought of just using our military discount like usual and book WL for us. However, my FIL really wanted the whole family together, and my kids expressed the desire to be at same hotel as their cousins. So it's all good.

I am toying with the idea of arriving on the Friday night, staying one night at WL, and attending MVMCP. Then joining the rest of the family at POR when they arrive on Saturday.

MizMissy
05-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Well not thrilled about this, but we will be at Port Orleans Riverside. Not my choice, but we had a few families of 5 and that was the cheapest option for them. Since the pin code wasn't in my name I didn't have much say in the matter. DH and I thought of just using our military discount like usual and book WL for us. However, my FIL really wanted the whole family together, and my kids expressed the desire to be at same hotel as their cousins. So it's all good.

I am toying with the idea of arriving on the Friday night, staying one night at WL, and attending MVMCP. Then joining the rest of the family at POR when they arrive on Saturday.

Of course you are going to go a day early!! And, maybe tack an extra day on at the end? LOL. It would not be a WDW vacation if you didn't stay at 2 hotels (if not 3!)!!

Sounds like a great family trip. Maybe with having everyone there you will enjoy POR more. (although, I agree it was not my favorite either - not bad by any means, just not my favorite).

princessgirls
05-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Great news Denise!!!

Sounds like it's going to be a great trip!!!

Julie:mickey:

minnie04
05-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Sounds great!!:thumbsup: I have never gone during Thanksgiving week. I know its crazy crowded, but maybe this year since we have the AP we will take a ride over to the parks. Plus I can get some good outlet shopping in for Xmas... :secret:

Big groups are great to travel in especially when everyone agrees on everything. The kids have such a blast great family bonding
:hug::hug:

buzznwoodysmom
05-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Of course you are going to go a day early!! And, maybe tack an extra day on at the end? LOL. It would not be a WDW vacation if you didn't stay at 2 hotels (if not 3!)!!.

Karen, you know me far too well. LOL.

I think I've decided we'll either stay the one night at WL, or splurge and stay one night at Grand Floridian Villas, if they are open by then.

buzznwoodysmom
05-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Sounds great!!:thumbsup: I have never gone during Thanksgiving week. I know its crazy crowded, but maybe this year since we have the AP we will take a ride over to the parks. Plus I can get some good outlet shopping in for Xmas... :secret:

Big groups are great to travel in especially when everyone agrees on everything. The kids have such a blast great family bonding
:hug::hug:

We have been twice for Thanksgiving and I wouldn't say it was crazy crowded. Not empty, by any stretch of the imagination, but not what I would call "crazy" either.

I know the kids will have so much fun together. And we have a really great group. Everyone is very "go with the flow" as far as planning is concerned. Those who haven't been before trust us completely in the planning of resorts and meals, and those of us who go often were very easy to agree on places to eat each day. After the planning, each family has agreed that park time may be "every man for himself". With kids of varying ages we all know and understand that our schedules/touring styles may not work well together. As long as we have meals together, ride a few rides together, watch the occasional parade or fireworks together, and have some pool time together we are all good. Everyone fully expects to split up for large chunks of each day. That's what I think makes going with such a big group possible, being able to split up without hard feelings.

LudwigVonDrake
05-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Congratulations and have a great time! :wave:

BuddyL4
05-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Awsome! :number1:

We were there through thanksgiving in 2000 and it was a great time. The weather was nice and the crowds after the holiday were low. It was a great time :mickey: