PDA

View Full Version : Ok so how crazy is it during the end of June?

arbie_c
05-13-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm going to be in Clearwater Beach the very end of June for 6 nights and the thought of popping over to WDW for just a day at one of the parks is creeping into the back of my mind. The only time I've been to WDW for trips has always been October or early November. Would the end of June just be too crowded to really enjoy? Just me & DH so no little ones to consider.

Thanks for any input.
Laura

MarkC
05-13-2013, 08:12 PM
As you can probably guess, every day is going to be crowded. Avoid a park that has extra magic hours and it will be tolerable. Get there a few minutes before park opening and have a plan. You can still get a lot done in a day if you use fastpass, etc.

VWL Mom
05-13-2013, 08:16 PM
This will be our 3rd time doing the last week in June. IMO it's crowded but not terrible and hot but not unbearable. We aren't big planners (except ADR's at night) and know if we miss something this trip we'll hit it next time. Make good use of FP's and you should be fine.

arbie_c
05-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Thank you for the input.

tjstrike
05-14-2013, 01:39 AM
For me it would depend on whether I already had a pass to get in or not ? I don't think I would spend the money for a one day ticket to go to a hot, crowded park. Visa versa it would be a sure thing to go if I already had a ticket. :D

#1donaldfan
05-14-2013, 12:17 PM
It will be crowded, but very manageable, especially if you "know your way around". We typically go in June / July and although hot and crowded....we ride everything we want, multiple times and have a blast !! Go, have fun !! :cool:

arbie_c
05-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks for all the input. I love WDW & don't live close enough to go very often so the thought of being that close & not going makes me a little sad. May have to give it a shot. :)

indytraveler
05-15-2013, 08:48 AM
This was the time of year when my family went. Right around the last week of June and July 4th. We were off property coming from the beach for a couple of days. We made sure we went to the park w/out the EMH both morning and night that day. And like the other posters have mentioned, be there at rope drop and have a plan. Be prepared for that afternoon shower as well. That last week of June it seems there are more rain showers then than after the 4th of July (imo).

If you can do it, then go ahead and have fun, rope drop to park close, and use FP's.

minnie04
05-15-2013, 09:49 AM
If you just want to go and walk around. I would go since it's just you and your DH. You won’t have to worry about too much. If you’re going to try and ride things then maybe it will be crazy for you. I would go just to have fun being in the park with no expectations of getting a lot done. :mickey:

Aurora
05-15-2013, 10:15 AM
I would totally do it. Do you already have a ticket? If not, you could either buy a multi-day PH that doesn't expire so you could use it for future trips, or a 1-day non-hopper and stay in one park. I'd go to the MK 'cause it has the longest hours.

Avoiding EMH parks didn't work for us on our last June trip -- the parks were packed at opening. We decided we'd go back to using morning EMH.

If you pick a park with long hours, even if it's EMH, you'll get your money's worth for one day.

I wouldn't go if I had only a partial day to visit. That would just make me :crazy:.