PDA

View Full Version : favorite womens running shorts

arbie_c
05-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Just curious to find out what's
everyones favorite running shorts? I have a larger bum & thighes compared to the rest of my body so I have a harder time finding good comfortable shorts to run in. I have several pair of Nike tempo shorts & recently bought 2 pair of Lululemon groovy run shorts. I really like the back zipper pocket & waistband on the LLL but wish the rear area was just a tad roomier. Thought someone might have some other suggestions. :mickey:

BrerGnat
05-14-2013, 08:22 AM
I stopped wearing running shorts a couple of years ago because they seemed to just get so small around the hips, no matter what brand and size I chose. Plus, they were just too short most of the time.

I run wearing compression style capris or crop pants in the warmer months, and full length when it's cold. I like how they make my legs feel supported when I run and they are stretchy all around which is more comfy. I don't have a particular brand I like more than any others, I just have several pairs in all different brands (Champion from Target, Old Navy, Athleta, etc.)

I also have really sensitive skin and appreciate how the tighter pants don't cause irritation from fabric rubbing my legs.

PirateLover
05-14-2013, 10:58 PM
I agree with Nat. My favorite running attire is a pair of Old Navy capri compression pants. I agree, it is so hard to find a good pair of running shorts. The few I have are a decent enough length, but tend to ride up, which can cause chafing. I plan on stocking up on more capris.

JMTStone
05-17-2013, 02:52 PM
I agree. I love running in my Capri compression pants.

When I'm kickboxing, I'm usually wearing Yoga pants.

When I'm on elliptical, its just sweats or cotton shorts.

I'm big up top and found a new bra for running. Its quite expensive but worth it. You can't find my size in your local sports/running store. It makes me less self-conscious and comfortable (no adjustments necessary)

Tri Minnie
07-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Did you find something you like? I don't know if you are still looking, but I love the running skirts sold by Athleta. I usually wait for a sale, as they are a little pricey. However, they are really comfortable and have held up well over the years.

Lacy
07-01-2013, 10:05 PM
I agree with all the others that posted - I'm not much for running shorts. I stick with Capris and Skirts or the combined Skirt/Capris from Athleta.

BriarRose0708
07-02-2013, 08:51 AM
I love my compression capris when it's cooler out, but last week I wore them when it was so oppressively humid and realized that was a mistake. I am usually very self conscious about my legs and avoid shorts but when it's hot and humid like that I can't ignore that they make a big difference. I have two great pair I picked up at Old Navy on sale. I think they are the relaxed fit style and have built in underwear so I find they don't ride up, I just need a lot of body glide :blush:

RedSoxFan
07-03-2013, 07:04 AM
I wear Under Armour running shorts. In the cold months; I wear the Under Armour running leggings cold gear under the shorts. Works well for me.

arbie_c
07-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Thanks for all the input. I just recently found a running skirt and bought one to try out. It seemed cooler and the shorts underneath didn't ride up like I was worried would happen. Think I'll have to get another one.:cloud9:

JMTStone
07-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Thanks for all the input. I just recently found a running skirt and bought one to try out. It seemed cooler and the shorts underneath didn't ride up like I was worried would happen. Think I'll have to get another one.:cloud9:

What brand did you find working for you? I LOVE my compression capris but its HOT and muggy (Much like Florida) and I think I may need a change.

BriarRose0708
07-11-2013, 08:30 AM
What brand did you find working for you? I LOVE my compression capris but its HOT and muggy (Much like Florida) and I think I may need a change.

Sparkle Skirts is a great brand!

arbie_c
07-11-2013, 07:50 PM

The running skirt that I found was Nike at a Nike outlet store. The compression shorts underneath are very light and the skirt material is super light as well. I'm in Houston so plenty of heat and humidity here too. LOL!

JMTStone
07-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Sparkle Skirts is a great brand!

The running skirt that I found was Nike at a Nike outlet store. The compression shorts underneath are very light and the skirt material is super light as well. I'm in Houston so plenty of heat and humidity here too. LOL!

You're the best! I'm going out shopping this weekend as we leave for Vero/Disney on Thursday. I want something for Vero but I'm not sure I'll be training while AT Disney, although I imagine running around Beach Club/Boardwalk would be fun.