PDA

View Full Version : Waitlist chances???

fanofdisney
05-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Ok we have secured a 2 bedroom at OKW but have 2 waitlist going, BWV and BCV. Anyone have any luck with either of these 2 coming through for them? We are about 180 days from our trip so we are waitlisting a bit late. However, 3 of our 5 nights were available at BWV so maybe there is hope? Also, the first night of our trip is the last night of F&W so maybe that will be our biggest hurdle?

ginny57
05-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Just a hunch but the issue may be the combination of Food & Wine and Jersey Week. The schools are closed in NJ for the annual Teacher's Convention and the impact in Disney is pretty substantial. You should see the airfares! They're painful!!

We are renting points for that time frame and our only option was SSR.

fanofdisney
05-13-2013, 01:17 PM
I know, airfare has gotten absolutely ridiculous!! I get so annoyed each time I look at fares. How much of an increase do they think people can handle? Our family of 5 used to fly for $1000, those days are over :ill:

patandtwins
05-13-2013, 04:58 PM
I have a studio at SSR booked for Oct 15-18 and wait listed BWV and BLT studios. I am really really hoping BLT comes through and DH is hoping for BWV. We may not get either...sigh. Fingers crossed for the both of us.

Aurora
05-13-2013, 08:54 PM
If you figure how many people are going down for Food & Wine and how many of those people want to stay at BWV or BCV, your chances are pretty slim. You might get lucky on that first night since Jersey Week and F&W both end on that Sunday, but it'll still be a long shot.

MyDisneyworld
05-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Maybe try a split stay, that is what we did and got in. We couldn't get in for a full week at either BWV or BLT so we tried any view and broke it up. We were able to get in to both but not the views we wanted. We then wait listed for the views we wanted and within a few weeks they came through. We are now at BWV in a studio (Boardwalk view) for the 1st 4 days and BLT 1 bedroom (magic kingdom view) for the next 4 days. This ended up working out good with our schedule because we can walk to most of the parks we want to visit and won't have to ride the buses as much. Plus it will be fun to try some new resorts we have not been to yet.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

fanofdisney
05-14-2013, 10:29 AM
MyDisneyworld, I am so happy for you that you got your rooms!!!! That is great!

The person I spoke to said I had to pick a view to put on the waitlist. So we need a 2 bedroom but I couldn't just put 2 bedroom I had to choose which view I wanted to waitlist? Could I waitlist for any view that becomes available? She said the view that would give me the greatest chance of coming through is the pool/garden view. Does that sound right or should I call member services back?

Aurora
05-14-2013, 01:06 PM
MyDisneyworld, I am so happy for you that you got your rooms!!!! That is great!

The person I spoke to said I had to pick a view to put on the waitlist. So we need a 2 bedroom but I couldn't just put 2 bedroom I had to choose which view I wanted to waitlist? Could I waitlist for any view that becomes available? She said the view that would give me the greatest chance of coming through is the pool/garden view. Does that sound right or should I call member services back?

The pool/garden view is your best bet, because that category has the most rooms. And no, unfortunately you cannot just waitlist for any 2-bedroom that becomes available. At Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Villas, you have to waitlist for a specific view, because the rooms are categorized that way at different point values.

Since you're allowed two active waitlists, your options are either waitlisting for two different views at the BWV, or waitlist for the BCV and a specific view at BWV.

patandtwins
05-17-2013, 07:49 PM
I have a studio at SSR booked for Oct 15-18 and wait listed BWV and BLT studios. I am really really hoping BLT comes through and DH is hoping for BWV. We may not get either...sigh. Fingers crossed for the both of us.

Got or WL at BLT (lake view) just a couple days ago...yay!!

fanofdisney
05-17-2013, 08:15 PM
That is great
Congratulations :congrats::magic::woohoo::pixie:
Have fun!

tjstrike
05-18-2013, 09:30 AM
180 days out puts you in Nov. somewhere right ? F & W is long over with by then, I think you'd have a good chance.

fanofdisney
05-18-2013, 10:16 AM
Well our plans/needs have changed a little. Originally we needed a 2 bedroom which is what we were waitlisting for at BCV or BWV. Then some things changed and we went from needing a 2 bedroom to needing a 1 bedroom so I checked to see what was available and I about jumped out of my skin to see BWV, garden/pool view, available so I grabbed it and took us off the waitlist for the 2 bedroom. My DH told be it would all work out and he was right :thumbsup:
Also, we arrive the last day of F&W so we will at least get to walk over and enjoy that for 1 day. Although we do have an ADR for Biergarten that evening. We just don't seem to make a dinner out of F&W, we do a little snacking instead.

Aurora
05-20-2013, 03:14 PM
:clappy: Congrats! Very happy you got what you wanted. Have a great trip!

fanofdisney
05-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Thank you :mickey:

VWL Mom
05-21-2013, 03:00 PM
So glad everything worked out for you!