PDA

View Full Version : Happy Place?

SandmanGStefani24
05-12-2013, 02:57 AM
Some of the debate here has jaded me a bit, and i want to get back to what brings us here.

So, what is one image that helps you relax or calms you when times get tough?

One for me is the sight of Cindys Castle when entering MK for the 1st time...

Or Epcot's WS,

Or let's face it, anything having to to with WDW.

SO lets hear it..what is your happy place?

The airport? The toll roads? The resorts? Tell all WDW fans!

retiredfigment
05-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Love it all! But especially happy when we stay at WL.

NickD100
05-12-2013, 07:43 AM
As a local, If I'm having a bad day, I bust loose, go to MK, and see "the back side of water" on The Jungle Cruise. It's silly, relaxes me, and puts a smile on my face.

Epcot does the same thing. There are no worries or stress when I am in Epcot. It takes all that away. I don't even have to ride one single thing, just spending time in there will put a smile on my face. The music, the sights, ect. Plus, it's like the largest walking bar...

Every now and then, on the weekends, I wake up early early and take off to AK or MK. It's nice to get there at opening and spend a few early morning hours at the park. Take pictures, ride a ride or two, relax, and spend some time alone. And be back home before anyone is even up and doing anything. It's a good excuse to get away and have some relaxing time alone.

Even in the evening at DTD, relaxing and watching Dominic Gaudious rock the didjeridoo or the acoustics out in front of House of Blues, It's all relaxing, fun, and entertaining.

I always feel safe and happy on Disney property. And that keeps me going back. And brings back some great memories. And the beer too. It brings me there...

Nick

Itchy
05-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Walking through the front door to the resort to check in and letting it all soak in. I'm back....:blush:

LudwigVonDrake
05-12-2013, 05:40 PM
When the Magical Express bus goes under the WDW sign I leave reality and can relax :mickey:

Melanie
05-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Definitely Epcot. Or Disneyland. :mickey:

dreaming of wdw
05-12-2013, 06:00 PM
The courtyard in the UK pavilion in EPCOT at night :cloud9:

Dopey's Girl
05-12-2013, 06:43 PM
100% Epcot...it's my favorite park, and it always makes me happy!

BuddyL4
05-12-2013, 07:38 PM
My happy place.....

Thinking about watching the kids walk under the train station and seeing the castle for the first time. That moment is amazing to see.
:magic:

SBETigg
05-12-2013, 07:44 PM
World Showcase. There are a few bench areas where I like to sit and people-watch. Usually with a beverage or snack.

Grand Floridian Lobby. Walking in always makes me feel like I'm at home. I actually bought a horse sculpture that reminds me of the horse in the GF lobby for my entryway at home.

Pirates of the Caribbean. Something about the smell, the darkness, the song, those pirates. It's all a good time and thinking of it makes me smile.

MrPeetrie
05-12-2013, 08:02 PM
MouseGear (or World of Disney) on arrival day. I'm usually so excited to be back, I let my family get whatever they want.

ANG
05-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Wherever I am when I eat my first Mickey bar of the trip.

thejens
05-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Any part of WDW is my happy place, really!

I agree about Epcot. Once my kids were fascinating by innovations, which kind of bores me. So I sat outside on a bench for quite a while. It was during the flower garden show and SO beautiful. My family was apologetic when they came out and I just smiled at them. I was so content just being there!

I especially love Canada in Epcot, so lush and lovely, the landscaping. I also love all the music in Epcot, the mysterious calming future music. I love love love walking into MK. Main Street is my happy place, especially if the trolley singers or dapper dans are around. I love the music in future land. I love AK, love watching the monkeys and all the natural areas. I love sitting in the monorail. I love any resort, but especially AKL. I love WDW and so wish I were there right now!

Capt_redshirt
05-12-2013, 11:02 PM
There are three places that make me truly happy and if i see em i know i'm truly at "home" the shinto shrine in the japan pavilion... The entrance to pirates and seeing gracey's manor

indytraveler
05-13-2013, 08:20 AM
My mood changes as soon as I go under the "Walt Disney World", Where Dreams Come True sign, and I'm on property. It does this so much that I use that picture on my phone as my wallpaper, so every call I make I see it. Plus once you're in the parks the music just has that soothing quality to it that you're relaxed.

Every now and then, on the weekends, I wake up early early and take off to AK or MK. It's nice to get there at opening and spend a few early morning hours at the park. Take pictures, ride a ride or two, relax, and spend some time alone. And be back home before anyone is even up and doing anything. It's a good excuse to get away and have some relaxing time alone.

Nick

I would find it hard to leave once you're there. Sorry family, I'm in the park come meet me for lunch. haha :D

azcavalier
05-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Oh goodness...all of it. We get super excited just to see the WDW entrance gates. But nothing quite compares to that first MK morning...the opening show, and walking down a freshly cleaned Main Street USA and seeing the sun shining on Cinderella Castle. Next best is coming in to Epcot, and walking up and under Spaceship Earth.

EeyoresBestFriend
05-13-2013, 04:38 PM
My happiest place in my happy place is Animal Kingdom.

On any of the walking paths, but my particular favourite is the spot in the weaverbird aviary by the water.

Makes me smile just thinking about it :cloud9:

Darn . . . now I'm going to have to go get a "park bench" fix to be able to get through the rest of the afternoon at work!! :D

mechanic
05-13-2013, 06:18 PM
As soon as I pass the welcome sign.

k10
05-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Fun topic!

My happy place: Walking into each park and seeing the Castle or the Tree of Life. That walk in is filled w/ so much excitement, even if I've walked those same paths many, many times. I think MAIN ST USA is my #1 fav entrance to stroll down, then see the castle. I am thankful not to feel jaded!!!

#1donaldfan
05-14-2013, 12:19 PM
We nearly always drive, so for me it's driving through the gate of our resort, just after they've "welcomed me home". That is my all time high on a trip to WDW !!

jokat
05-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Great topic! So many. Most often visualized, oddly enough, is the sidewalk area outside of Epcot down by the bus loading area. Hearing that music, just something about it. MK, of course. The little area to the left of the castle (when facing it), leading to Frontierland. Back to Epcot, at night near the pixie dust sidewalks. What I wouldn't give to have those fiber optic sidewalks at my home. And speaking of "j-j-j-jaded", gotta be RRC! Those are just a few of my pocket places...