PDA

View Full Version : Is Low-Sodium Dining Possible??

Maleficent_vf
05-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Hello!

My father has just been put on a low-sodium diet and one of my first thoughts was, "How will we ever eat at WDW?" [How Disney-obsessed is that??? :blush:]

Anyway, even though we currently have no travel plans, I'm wondering how others on a similar diet manage their dining options while in the parks.

Thanks!

Itchy
05-11-2013, 03:13 PM
You should not have any issues, just not the special dietary needs when you make your reservations. Let your server know as well and they will have the chef come out and discuss your fathers issues.

My lady friend has 3 allergies and has never had problems with getting an excellent meal.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Pirate Granny
05-11-2013, 09:48 PM
My father was on a no sodium diet...we would have breakfast in the room, we bought a small cooler and he had lunch that we made (garden grocer for food) ...but for table service, every chef came out talk to him and he had a great meal....Jiko was the best...chef asked what he felt like eating...dad asked what are the choices...chef said you tell me what you would like to eat....wonderful meal...

CynBeth
05-11-2013, 10:12 PM
My Mom was recently put on a no to low sodium diet. She started getting bouts of cellulitis in her legs once she had to be taken off of her fluid pills so if she has too much salt her legs swell and look very red. We go to Disney in December. She is so happy she can eat at all of our favorite places on our trip because of how well Disney accommodates food allergies and special dietary needs. It's so hard for her to eat out nowadays because most restaurants where we live aren't able to cook things the way she needs them to.