PDA

View Full Version : Resort split stay and dining policy change?

buzznwoodysmom
05-10-2013, 04:09 PM
My BIL just got a free dining code and called Disney today to price some resorts. First of all they would be arriving on Nov 23, the last day before black out dates for thanksgiving. The CM they spoke to told them they could do a split stay and still get to keep free dining for their entire trip.

The two problems I see with this is that #1- you usually have to have a package including tickets to get dining (free or not) as each resort reservation is treated separate. By adding the cost of the second set of tickets you loose any savings you get from the discount. #2-if they switch hotels after the 23rd the new reservation would be during the black out dates so they wouldn't be able to get free dining even if they purchased the second set of tickets. As far as I know this is how it all works, right???

He said he specifically asked if she was sure he could move resorts, during black out dates, and still keep free dining throughout trip. He was told there was a way they could do that for him. Is there a new policy I am not aware of? Or is the CM misinformed?

mydisneygirls
05-10-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't know the answer to that, but if he's already booked the reservation and it indicates it on his confirmation from Disney, they have to honor it.

KarenP
05-10-2013, 05:13 PM
My BIL just got a free dining code and called Disney today to price some resorts. First of all they would be arriving on Nov 23, the last day before black out dates for thanksgiving. The CM they spoke to told them they could do a split stay and still get to keep free dining for their entire trip.

The two problems I see with this is that #1- you usually have to have a package including tickets to get dining (free or not) as each resort reservation is treated separate. By adding the cost of the second set of tickets you loose any savings you get from the discount. #2-if they switch hotels after the 23rd the new reservation would be during the black out dates so they wouldn't be able to get free dining even if they purchased the second set of tickets. As far as I know this is how it all works, right???

He said he specifically asked if she was sure he could move resorts, during black out dates, and still keep free dining throughout trip. He was told there was a way they could do that for him. Is there a new policy I am not aware of? Or is the CM misinformed?

The free dining PIN goes by date of check in. First set of dates for the offer are 11/11 - 11/23 so as long as he checks in on the 23rd he will get free dining for that entire package. For his second package he would have to check in 11/30 or after as that starts the next set of free dining dates. 11/24 - 11/29 are blacked out for check in.

buzznwoodysmom
05-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't know the answer to that, but if he's already booked the reservation and it indicates it on his confirmation from Disney, they have to honor it.

No, he didn't book it at the time. He did call back to verify it and was told it could NOT be done as his second check in date was during the black out dates. But the first CM specifically told him the dates didn't matter as long as his first reservation was within the available dates. I wish these CMs knew all details of these discounts.

buzznwoodysmom
05-10-2013, 05:28 PM
The free dining PIN goes by date of check in. First set of dates for the offer are 11/11 - 11/23 so as long as he checks in on the 23rd he will get free dining for that entire package. For his second package he would have to check in 11/30 or after as that starts the next set of free dining dates. 11/24 - 11/29 are blacked out for check in.

He was checking in for the second resort on 11-28, inside the black out dates. The CM knew this and told him it wouldn't matter since his first day at his first resort was within the correct dates.

But even so, wouldn't he have to purchase tickets with each reservation if all dates were within the available dates? The CM told him he wouldn't have to do that either. Sounds like a seriously misinformed CM.

mom2morgan
05-12-2013, 05:52 PM
yeah, I wouldn't trust that information :-( We did a split stay with free dining and that definitely wouldn't work for us. We decided to get 10 days park tickets with our first reservation, and then pay out of pocket for a couple days on our second reservation (because we really DID want two days at the AKL know matter what!)

disneymom2000
05-26-2013, 06:34 PM
He is misinformed. I did a split stay last year in December with a free dining promo. It was a nightmare. We had 4 nights at one resort and then moved over and had 4 nights at another resort. They work the system so that our free dining was on one with all the tickets to the parks along with the key to our room for the first resort. When we moved, we had to carry two different cards because our new resort had a key for our room with one day of park tickets and one meal. Everything else was on the first card. It was a real mess. We wound up paying for a meal at Sanaa because the restaurant couldn't figure out how to use them. I will never do a split stay again.