PDA

View Full Version : Episode 50 - By The Time I Sneezed We Were Toast

John
05-09-2013, 08:50 PM
The Cast: Christine Warner, Melanie Bounds, Gary O’Brien, Ian Mitchell & John Yaglenski

- Sports seasons & the rise of Lacrosse.

- RunDisney blowout sales of marathon weekend. By the time I sneezed, we were toast. We want a Churro 5k, Tequila 5k…

- We discuss our ailments. Sounding like old people.

- Magical Journey’s special for current bookings.

- Annette Funicello’s passing.

- Mickey Mouse club reboot circa 1977

- AK 15th Anniversary coming up.

- Car games while driving. Sneaking into drive-in movies and other fun stuff including the Cutting Crew.

- Prime Pick of the Week: 30th Anniversary Edition of Sports by Huey Lewis http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1SBBJ8/intercotcom

- Best Of Memorable INTERCOT moment. Ian’s best of is the 15th Anniversay Trivia Meet. Melanie says the Baltimore meet years ago. Gary goes back to 2000 and watching the server. Christine touches on the community aspect and how she was stunned by support of our members in her time of need. John remembers the beginning of Discussion Boards.

- Sounds like summer dates announced! BEEGEES ‘a coming in the form of Stayin’ Alive Canada. Mel and Ian are non-plussed.

- Flower garden wrapping up soon. Was it a hit with food kiosks? Dole Whip with Rum!

- APs get RFID–finally! Crabby John doesn’t like it.

- IRON Man 3 and IronManorail

Listen, Love, Download, Share, Sing With Us... (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2013/episode-50.asp)

Melanie
05-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Non-plussed. :rotfl: It's true, I just don't get the Bee Gees (or Bruce Springsteen) love. 'Tis what makes the world go 'round. :)

Seriously though, did we talk Disney at all on this episode? Oooooh, my ovaries! :D

JMTStone
05-10-2013, 10:53 AM
A special appearance by Christine's dogs!

Jon and I are signed up for the 5K. I will be there to cheer on my INTERCOT friends for the other races. I will be tickled to attend any meet that is set up. I'm not bringing any children this time so I am hoping to hit Jellyrolls.:marg:

Dr Seeker (Wallace) is currently on CSI - he was a side character but is now more prominent. John with his fanboy moment is hilarious.

I agree with Christine. I love Vero Beach Resort. Our in-laws drive up from West Palm to meet us. Its so much better than going to stay with them. In so many ways!

Yay - I love SINGING. We should do a drinking game. Drink for every song sung and Chug every time John has to look up something related to music on the Googles! :beer:

Dopey's Girl
05-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Another great one. I was cracking up the whole time...

Best personal Intercot moment...would have to be a tie for me. First, the breakfast meet for Icot15. That was such a fun time. Loved the food, company and location. Second would be our recent mini meet last month in MK. The weather was amazing, and the company was even better. That to me is the best part of this site. The people I have met, and talk to nearly every day are truly fun, caring friends. Love that!

Can't wait to see so many in January for the runICOT events. It's shaping up to be a very fun (and tired!) weekend!

NickD100
05-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Indeed. Another great one! Even though not too much Disney, it was still a great podcast. Very interpersonal. I haven't been too big on posting on these boards. But I still look around and listen to these podcasts. I'm a DW local and this is how I keep up to date on everything. Thanks to everyone who does these. It's much appreciated, helpful and very entertaining.

Thanks Christine for the Staying' Alive Canada info. I love the Epcot gigs and will have to see this show coming up in June.

Thanks everyone...

Nick

Christine
05-11-2013, 09:34 AM
:welcome: Nick!

Look for me at the Stayin' Alive shows- I'll be the blonde with the :marg: screaming with a Beattle-esq hysteria!

NickD100
05-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Will do Christine. We've probably crossed paths at some point on property before and didn't even know. I'm there often as well.

Looking forward to the summer series. Always fun!!!

kurt
05-14-2013, 11:45 PM
with all of the great places to eat in Disney world what about selecting a restaurant & doing a review or discussion on that restaurant?:goofy:

dpamac
05-15-2013, 07:59 AM
with all of the great places to eat in Disney world what about selecting a restaurant & doing a review or discussion on that restaurant?:goofy:

Kurt lives in an area that has great bike trails. We should probably listen to him. In case he tries to chase me when I'm on the Heritage Bike Trail next time.

Septbride2002
05-15-2013, 09:18 PM
Listening to you guys go on about your aches and pains while jogging on a tred mill was humourous. Ahhhh to be young again. :old:

Pixie Dust for Sam is, I think, the best of what INTERCOT is - a real community that cares about each other.

Buttercup
05-19-2013, 02:08 PM
I think a good segment you guys could start doing is "Storytime". Collectively between you guys, I'm sure you could come up with one interesting story for each podcast of something that happened to you while at WDW. That leaves it pretty wide-open and broad as to what your story could be each podcast. Each podcast a new storyteller could have a turn.

For instance, one time, in 1999 I was at WDW with my sister Jenn and a couple of our friends and I got punched in the face (no joke!) by a crazed girl in the line at the Speedway. She just went bananas! It's quite a funny story looking back on it... but it's just kind-of a weird Disney story I have. I've got a million of 'em... and I'm sure you guys do too.

Think of any unusual stories (eg. sleeping in the castle Ian!) that you've got. They could be good happy stories of great castmembers... or a particularly great meal you had... or it could be weird things you experienced like when Nancy had to babysit some stranger's kid on the Haunted Mansion... or a famous person you met while cruising the parks. Whatever! I'm sure the story would then spur on some great conversation afterwards too!

My only caveat is that whoever the storyteller is that week has to start with: "This one time, at Magic Kingdom..." (like band camp! haha)

JMTStone
05-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I like Carolyn's idea a lot. We all have those moments.

When Taylor (now 20) at the age of 7 when she had a HUGE crush on Aladdin (hotaladdin.com) and had the opportunity to meet him but couldn't bring herself to do so.

dpamac
05-20-2013, 07:48 PM
For instance, one time, in 1999 I was at WDW with my sister Jenn and a couple of our friends and I got punched in the face (no joke!) by a crazed girl in the line at the Speedway. She just went bananas!

Why does this not surprise me? You two should have TV cameras following you to record a show of the weird things that happen to you.

Buttercup
05-21-2013, 06:44 PM
heheheh If only you knew the extent of my insane life! :bolt:

By the way, I did notice something else in the podcast #50... you guys pretty much all pronounce ABBA like it's OBBA. (the same type of "o" sound as in Oblong)
Is that really how it's said? Is that just an American thing?
I have only ever heard it said ABBA, with an "a" sound like Apple.

Weird... :confused:

Melanie
05-21-2013, 07:22 PM
I say Abba (like apple). Sounds more southern. lol! Although I know many who say it like aaaahba (like open up and say aaaaah!). :D

Ian
05-22-2013, 02:16 PM
For what it's worth, the official pronunciation of the band name is "Ah-Bah" ... at least that's what I was able to find from digging around the Googles. :D

KylesMom
05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Always been "Ah-Bah" to me and my extended family!

Yungbuck73
06-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Little Behind on podcast, John, 2U is Joe Cumia, Anthony from Opie and Anthony brother Good Reference, Didn't know u knew them. Then again, you have been in radio so I guess you would know them. I listen almost every day to them, and 2U is very good at what they do.

JMTStone
06-22-2013, 10:48 PM
I've just discovered I'll be on property during 2U's dates. I've been known to sing "I Will Follow" and "40" on stage with a Magenta and SeaGreen Mowhawk with a lot of black eyeliner and army boots so it will be interesting to see a more professional cover band.