PDA

View Full Version : Help us decide! CSR or POR?

mickeyman42
05-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Simple question today, we have 4 nights to book sept 20-24 before we check into our DVC and we are torn between POR and CSR. We have tried POFQ and like it and stayed at CBR and thought it was just ok, but we want to try somewhere new this time and get the free regular DDP as well. Really prefer the ambiance of CSR, i think, but please, help us out

#1donaldfan
05-09-2013, 12:16 PM
I'd choose RIverside....it is so laid back, quiet, shaded, just simply relaxing on the bones after a long day at the park. They offer 5 pools, really good food in both the food court and Boatwrights. The boat to DtD is GREAT !! Oh, and if you happen to run, the route along the river is a wonderful run !!!

ThanxForNoticin
05-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Both are very nice. I might lean 51%-49% for CSR. We like the feel of the place, along with food options. But Riverside is a beautiful place to walk around - very peaceful. One perk of Riverside is the boat that goes to DTD - if that's something you might use.

Good luck with your choice!

Gator
05-09-2013, 11:16 PM
CSR all the way.

We did POR on our first trip. We got shoved into the Alligator Bayou section and hated it. Walking past all those beautiful mansions and then ending up "the old apartment complexes out back" really made us want to move to a different resort. I'm sure the mansion rooms are great, but it's not worth the risk of being in the AB section.

CSR - there's really not a bad section at this resort. The pool is great, the bus transport is better than most resorts, the food court has good food, and the theming really creates a great escape.

gueli
05-10-2013, 03:45 AM
I love items like this. Everybody has an opinion. and you get lots of good info,:thumbsup:

with that said, CSR is great,
PoR is nice but it is very spread out. I like the boat to DtD. Major plus.
But I have to say I like PoFQ better because it is a smaller resort...

ok just one more hat in the ring, sorry I did not help :D

Angelgirl65
05-10-2013, 07:51 AM
I've stayed at both and prefer CSR. I like the palm trees over the forest.

c&d
05-10-2013, 08:54 AM
POR is my sentimental favorite because it was the first resort we really stayed at, but I would go with CSR.

It has the amenities of a deluxe with the price of a moderate. Also it has the best bus service hands down and it doesn't share with any other resort. I think it is one of the prettiest resorts at night, there are so many different places around the resort. Lastly, I love Pepper Market.

Mitzie
05-10-2013, 09:42 AM
We have stayed at both POR and CSR. We lean towards POR. I love the AB section! The paths and vegitation are so nice. As others have mentioned the boat to DTD is a nice alternative. Really it just boils down to theme. Which appeals to you the most.

tjstrike
05-14-2013, 02:27 AM
We've never stayed at CSR but it has to be better than the "apartments" at POR. Worst place we've stayed at since we've been going to Disney.

minnie-mouse
05-18-2013, 06:08 PM
CSR! Love that place. The ambience is beautiful there with all the tropical plants. I find Por rather boring.

tinksmom02
05-19-2013, 09:11 AM
I personally prefer POFQ and then POR, but since you're looking to try something new, I say give CSR a shot. We didn't have a great room location so were really far away from everything and that kind of soured our experience. However, most people love it there, and I'm sure you will too!

To those who detest POR--we did a trip there in 2007 and were in the AB section and hated it, but last weekend we stayed in the Mansions and it really did make a difference!

ginny57
05-19-2013, 09:49 AM
I've stayed at both CSR and POR. I really enjoyed CSR - a bit more upscale than the other mods. The Mansions section of POR was lovely - very Gone With The Wind like. The Alligator Bayou section was not a hit with me. I know some people love it but it felt like a step down from the Mansions for sure.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful trip!

LudwigVonDrake
05-27-2013, 11:42 AM
I would go with POFQ for the small size of the resort.

MrPeetrie
05-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Mickeyman42, you really can't go wrong with either selection. Both are excellent choices.

I agree with other posters: it's great to read others' differing opinions. We LOVE the Alligator Bayou section. The lush vegetation. The winding paths. The peaceful, morning walk. We request that section. Others prefer the Mansions, which are closer to the Old Mill Food Court.

Both are vast, have plenty of amenities, and are great choices.

At POR, you can take fishing lessons in the morning, a horse-drawn carriage ride in the evening, sandwiched around a boat ride to Downtown Disney. Boatwright's is a nice dining option.

At CSR, you can rent a watermouse boat and go on the lake, grab a hammock on the sand, or play volleyball.

Both have great main pool complexes. I prefer the dining options at CSR. Maya Grille is a great restaurant. The Pepper Market is my favorite food court on properties, although others dislike it.

The one detractor: there's a convention on site at CSR. That may play a factor, but it usually isn't an issue.

Good luck with your choice.

Laughin' place
06-20-2013, 02:06 PM
I have been trying to decide between the Mansions and the Bayou at POR. From the posters here, it sounds like Mansions are the better of the two ? Any advice and input is welcome, as this is a very special trip and our first time at POR. I want it to be perfect. :cloud9:

MouseHouser
06-23-2013, 08:01 AM
We've not stayed at CBR, so I can't comment there. But I would like to mention that the pool at POR is one of our favorites.

It's smaller than many at Disney, and good chance by day 2 you will know some faces and names. It backs onto a foresty area, and has its share of palm trees, so it's leafy and comfortable. There's a small bar on site and a great water slide. It's close enough to the action around the dock and the dining areas that you feel connected to the bigger scene.

We are also fans of the boat service to DTD. When it comes to bus service around Disney, we prefer to drive. However, we gladly avail ourselves of the boat service here, which is a pleasure, and frees me up to enjoy a few adult beverages on those nights we're out on "the town."

WDWgoofy
06-23-2013, 09:34 AM
If you have a family, having two sinks at POR is a benefit.