PDA

View Full Version : Meal Plan Question- receiving confliciting info from cast members.

sigmaqt95
05-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Yesterday we received very conflicting information from the concierge desk at our resort. The whole thing started out kind of strange to begin with. My husband went in the morning and asked for a print out of our credits. The CM just wrote them down instead of printing them out. My dad was just at the same desk 20 minutes earlier and received a really nice print out.

The CM helping my husband noticed that we had an odd number of TS credits left and told my husband that that couldn't be right. He wanted to investigate it- but my husband explained that I had gone to the a special lunch with my mom and daughter etc. The CM then told my husband that we could "make up" a meal on our dining plan for my daughter and me for about $47 total. My husband said that the CM came up with this number and he wrote all the info down. He didn't want to make a decision or plan with out me so he came back to the room to talk to me about it.

Fast forward to later in the day- I went to to guest services in MK to see about adding this. The very friendly CM told me that this had to be done at our resort. When we got back at night, I went to the concierge and showed him the paper and explained what we wanted to do. He acted like I was crazy. He said in the 7 years that he has worked at that desk has he ever heard of anything like that. He went on to to say that they do absolutely nothing with the the dining plan etc. He said there was no way he could do this. He also kept saying that the previous cast member didn't put any notes in our reservation about this. So if he had could he have done it? It didn't make any sense.

Can any one shed some light?

TheHD
05-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Sorry, I don't have any experience with this issue, but the fact that the CM wrote your credits and total down instead of a print-out sounds very fishy or inexperienced to me. When I used the dining plan, I've only ever received a print-out with the receipts. Of course, I've never asked for a print-out of credits; just always kept the latest receipt.

DANAM
05-09-2013, 07:10 PM
I dont have any direct knowledge of that but I can tell you once you check in there isnt much you can do to your dining plan. We added a night to our stay at check in but I was told we couldnt add the dining plan to that last day. You have to make any changes 7 days before check in so I cant imagine what the cast member told your DH was true. Hope you can figure it all out but I would make sure you get a print out and make sure all your credits are accounted for.

FLKatie912
05-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Yesterday we received very conflicting information from the concierge desk at our resort. The whole thing started out kind of strange to begin with. My husband went in the morning and asked for a print out of our credits. The CM just wrote them down instead of printing them out. My dad was just at the same desk 20 minutes earlier and received a really nice print out.

The CM helping my husband noticed that we had an odd number of TS credits left and told my husband that that couldn't be right. He wanted to investigate it- but my husband explained that I had gone to the a special lunch with my mom and daughter etc. The CM then told my husband that we could "make up" a meal on our dining plan for my daughter and me for about $47 total. My husband said that the CM came up with this number and he wrote all the info down. He didn't want to make a decision or plan with out me so he came back to the room to talk to me about it.

Fast forward to later in the day- I went to to guest services in MK to see about adding this. The very friendly CM told me that this had to be done at our resort. When we got back at night, I went to the concierge and showed him the paper and explained what we wanted to do. He acted like I was crazy. He said in the 7 years that he has worked at that desk has he ever heard of anything like that. He went on to to say that they do absolutely nothing with the the dining plan etc. He said there was no way he could do this. He also kept saying that the previous cast member didn't put any notes in our reservation about this. So if he had could he have done it? It didn't make any sense.

Can any one shed some light?

I have never heard of being to add on meals. I know that you can do very little to the DDP upon checking in because the resorts have little to do with the DDP and that is done through the WDW Travel Co. Perhaps the Guest Relations CM, just knew had to do with dining and just sent you back to the resort because he didn't understand the situation? How odd. Did you get it figured out?