PDA

View Full Version : Good places to "chill" out in each park

BuddyL4
05-08-2013, 07:51 PM
I was just thinking about some good spots to sit back, chill out and people watch when grandpa and grandson need a break. At MK I like a couple spots around the corner from the Hall of Presidents, and good funnel cakes :). At Epcot I like a shady spot outside Mision Space. What are your favorite spots?

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-09-2013, 12:38 AM
MK-
Balcony at Pinocchio resturant,
sitting anywhere in Tomorrowland, I love listening to the music there.
Sitting at the Noodle station, quiet and out of the way

Epcot-

Sitting around the fountain in Future World. I love watching it, especially at night

Anywhere in Japan, Morocco, or France. Usually can find a good quite place to enjoy a snack and/or a drink.

Hollywood Studios-

Usually end up relaxing around the fountain where you can check the times board or outside of Beauty and the Beast.

Animal Kingdom:

Conservation station is a favorite

Sitting around the lake in Flame Tree BBQ.

KAJUNKING
05-09-2013, 01:03 AM
one of my favorite places to take a break is in Epcot in the back of the building where the ice cream shop, no one is ever there and there are some benches there along the windows facing the land its outside the back entrance of club cool. no music, no people, just quiet and a/c

BuddyL4
05-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Flame tree BBQ I hadn't thought of that one excellent idea. I also like the spot kajunking suggested if it gets hot that could be a good place to bail. Thank you :number1:

NickD100
05-09-2013, 07:55 AM
Epcot: In front of Italy at the fountain on the "island." That's my spot. Find me there!!!! It's a nice place to drink a Rosa Regale, babble to random strangers, and make friends. Plus, it's a great spot to watch the fireworks from too.

MK: Tom Sawyer Island or just keep riding the TTA People Mover.

AK: Asia at the back tables near the Yak and Yeti Courtyard. Great place to have a beer or Yak Attack and listen to DJ Anaan.

DS: Echo Lake near the dinosaur.

Those are my spots so find me there!!!

Melanie
05-09-2013, 08:03 AM
At Epcot? Why at Gary's Column in the UK, of course! :beer:

At Hollywood Studios, I enjoy getting a treat the Candy Cauldron then grabbing a bench right out on Sunset Boulevard and watching the masses go to Tower of Terror and RNRC. Another great spot is one of the tables down on Echo Lake in front of Hollywood & Vine and 50s Prime Time Cafe.

Yes, agree with a table under cover and down by the water at Flame Tree BBQ. Great views of Everest.

LVT
05-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Yes, necessary. MK 1. Tom Sawyer Island 2. The Train 3. Pineapple Dole whip ( in spite of the smoking area)

Epcot 1. A view of Fountain 2. China-the Garden

azcavalier
05-09-2013, 08:52 AM
MK: The Roy Disney Bench
AK: Flame Tree eating area or Dinoland. A lot of people really hate the kitschy feel of Dinoland, but we think it's fun.
HS: Eating area for Pizza Planet by the Muppets fountain
Epcot: Definitely around the Fountain of Nations, however, in the evenings we sit on the benches outside the entrance to Innoventions to watch the fiber optics in the concrete.

BuddyL4
05-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Thank you all again! These are great. I had forgotten Tom Sawyer island as I recall having ice cream and a quick snooze on the rocking chairs. :thumbsup:

k10
05-09-2013, 09:41 AM
At DHS: the Backlot bar area w/ a nice view of the fountain from Splash. great people watching.

At Epcot: italy. lots of outdoor sitting and people watching. they do some fun back to back live street performances which are entertaining to sit and watch.

At MK: i can't think of anywhere i've actually sat to relax here! yikes. scary. i think maybe i'd have to say i really like the new Gaston's Tavern and enjoy the fountain of Gaston ("from Gaston", ha ha). It's nice to sit there and have a snack.

At AK: there are tables near Everest that are nice to sit at. otherwise, the Dawa Bar! nice covered seating area. you could catch the live street performance while you're there, too.

MizMissy
05-09-2013, 11:08 AM
At Epcot - there are benches near the trains in Germany and we sat there a long time people watching and watching our DS excitedly watch the trains.
Also, there are benches near the koi ponds in Japan -- on the side of the counter service restaurant -- that are shaded and a good area to relax.

#1donaldfan
05-09-2013, 11:57 AM
MK, I like the area in the very back of Peco's Bills where it connects with Tortuga.....it's never too crowded ...

AK, Flame is a great place, and the exit area out of Dinosaur

EC, any one of the countries....

HS, behind the Tower of Terror !!

TheHD
05-09-2013, 12:43 PM
just keep riding the TTA People Mover.

:ditto:

And also the :train: at MK.

mcjaco
05-09-2013, 01:35 PM
AK: The path between Africa and Asia. It's shaded, quiet and good people watching.

DHS: Echo Lake. Always seems to be empty in that area in the afternoon.

Epcot: The path to The Seas closest to Innoventions. There's usually ducks floating around in the pond, and everyone tends to hit the middle or the path closest to The Land.

I also like the fountain area of Imagination. Pretty quiet until the movie lets out.

And finally, Rose & Crown outside. Sit under the trees, watch the Friendship boats do their thing, and enjoy a black and tan.

MK: The old Noodle Cafe area, or the Swan Boat's old stations.

taleasoldastime
05-09-2013, 03:05 PM
MK: I love to find a seat on main street by the bakery and people watch
EPCOT: By biergarden there is a seating area that people often confuse as seating for the restaurant but anyone can actually sit there. It also has a good illuminations view.
AK: I love finding a seat by the monkeys so I can watch them and rest.
DHS: i like to stake out where a street show is and take a seat by it. I also like to sit by tower of terror and watch the people drop and scream.

MrPeetrie
05-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Nice topic. Good job.

MK
I love to people watch. sitting on the small wall in front of the restaurant across from Pirates of the Caribbean. It's one of my favorite locations in all of Disney.

Epcot
The elevated vista for the counter service in Japan. It is so beautiful up there. I found it for the first time EVER last trip and could not believe how peaceful and aesthetically pleasing that area is.

Hollywood Studios
There's a little out-of-the-way area in the rear of Tower of Terror. My DS2 fell asleep and we laid low there for a while.
Another place I like is the vista outside Rock N Rollercoaster. It's exciting there. You can here the screams from TOT. You feel like you're at a a rock concert.

AK
Behind Flame Tree Barbeque near the water. I also like the walk to Expedition: Everest.

indytraveler
05-09-2013, 09:58 PM
MK - In shade area by Sleepy Hollow (caramel corn smell helps too)

Epcot - near the America Garden Theater in evening before fireworks

AK - actually not around long enough to rest. vegetation makes it stifling with no breeze

DHS - Rosie's All American Café area. See the people coming and going to both RRRC and ToT. everyone is mostly animated

BuddyL4
05-09-2013, 10:06 PM
I've seen the spot behind Tower of Terror pop up a couple times in this discusion, I am definately going to look for this one. I didn't know about the upper level in the Japan pavilion EPCOT, again another I will have to search out. I realy appreciate all the good suggestions here and thank all of you :mickey: . This has been an awsome Disney night I just got a pin code for free DDP and had it applied to our end of August trip, pixie dust is flying! :pixie: Thanks KATHY at MJ :thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
BuddyL4, it's just an outdoor seating venue for Japan's counter service, but it's so pretty. You go up the stairs on the left and follow the path. It is peaceful and relaxing.

BuddyL4
05-10-2013, 07:18 PM
I feel an afternoon nap coming on just thinking about it, oops! I'm at work (2nd shift) :cloud9: better not. Thanks for the tip!!

CuteAsMinnie
05-10-2013, 09:26 PM
We always love to relax on a bench or by the fountain in France. It's just so pretty there.

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions! Many new spots to seek!

:cloud9:

BuddyL4
05-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Another thought was places at the resorts. We are going to the Contemporary for the first time in August and we have a dinner at Whispering Canyon. I am looking forward to an after dinner stretch with the grandson and WL looks like it has an awsome (huge) loby area. I can't thank everyone enough who have posted on this. THANK YOU :grouphug:

LudwigVonDrake
05-12-2013, 05:38 PM
The rocking chairs near the exit to the Hall of Presidents.

MrPeetrie
05-16-2013, 09:33 PM
The rocking chairs near the exit to the Hall of Presidents.

My wife calls that porch "her porch." And when we see others rocking in those chairs (like you), she says, "I'm letting them use my porch. I'm nice that way. I'm being very Disney."

Katzateer
05-16-2013, 10:16 PM
MK - train station balcony - nice to watch people on main street and we also ride the people mover to relax.

EPCOT - spaceship earth and universe of energy for a nap! And France film- music is so relaxing!

MGM - get to Beauty and Beast early andrelax with popcorn or ice cream before the show

AK- I agree with FlameTree BBQ

Becca3557
05-19-2013, 01:55 PM
We don't do it often, but we enjoy the top of the railroad station at the MK. Grab a snack, sit back and people-watch.

Or try the porch right outside Tony's, taking it easy on a rocking chair.

SandmanGStefani24
05-19-2013, 11:24 PM
i usually keep moving except for a few places..

MK-the only place i sit a while and rest is on the TTA

Epcot-In France, it is really nice to sit on the brick fountain perimiter. I did this with a drink, and a ham and cheese croissant last trip. I had shade, a nice breeze, and some nice people watching. I highly recommend!

stephicakes
05-20-2013, 05:40 AM
Germany in EPCOT! We love to grab a :beer: sit in the shaded courtyard and people watch while we rest our feet for a few. It's become a little tradition.

:)

BuddyL4
05-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Germany is a great spot since its just about the half way point around the lake. Not to mention the :beer: and I could grab the grandson a pretzel :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Giggy
05-26-2013, 06:13 PM
MK-
Balcony at Pinocchio resturant,
sitting anywhere in Tomorrowland, I love listening to the music there.
Sitting at the Noodle station, quiet and out of the way

Epcot-

Sitting around the fountain in Future World. I love watching it, especially at night

Anywhere in Japan, Morocco, or France. Usually can find a good quite place to enjoy a snack and/or a drink.

Hollywood Studios-

Usually end up relaxing around the fountain where you can check the times board or outside of Beauty and the Beast.

Animal Kingdom:

Conservation station is a favorite

Sitting around the lake in Flame Tree BBQ.

We never seem to slow down long enough to 'chill out' but you've listed quite a few of my happy places which I go back to in my mind most regularly. Sort of a 'chill out' from the real world! :cloud9:

Just Tomorrowland in general, I like the atmosphere and also we spent a lot of time there in my first ever day in WDW.

The fountains in EPCOT are great. It's a tradition of ours to take a photo of us by the fountain at the entrance.

Animal Kingdom I agree that Conservation Station feels a bit more chilled out. I like the whole atmosphere of AK but when we were running a bit low of time at the end of our final day in AK I put my foot down and said we could go to Conservation Station if we rushed. Slightly less chilled out but still got to go to Conservation Station. :mickey:

BuddyL4
05-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks Giggy for your thoughts and memories. I think these places and activities that all the posters have shared remind me why Disney is a magical place. Whether it's a pretzel in Epcot or a quiet spot in the Magic Kingdom we all have a favorite spot that seems almost burned into our soul. This is going to be my first trip with my 2 year grandson and yes, I know he won't remember it but I will and I know we will find that special spot that will be ours. On future trips I can show him places his dad and I "chilled" out and had ice cream:mickey:

WDWParrothead
06-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Inside Mexico at EPCOT- always refreshing on a hot day! :marg:

DisneyorBust
06-03-2013, 06:36 PM
DW and I enjoy relaxing in the Germany pavillion, we'll enjoy a bier :beer:, grab a bench, enjoy the music and people watch.
Wish that we were there right now......:D

disneypastor
06-05-2013, 05:17 PM
The picnic tables at the top of the hill on Tom Sawyer Island.....near the play area.

Shaded and relaxing. :mickey:

TinkerbellFan16
06-10-2013, 08:01 AM
EPCOT: benches right near the front of world showcase. The smell of the coffee kiosk is lovely and it's a great people watching spot.

MK: People mover people mover people mover

ISLE39
06-10-2013, 08:21 AM
The tomorrow land people mover in mk. I love sitting on there and enjoying the ride for ten minutes:mickey:

DisneyEpcotDad
06-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Hollywood Studios. The area to the left of Indiana Jones attraction near the ice cream stand.

Epcot: Early evening in World Showcase

Magic Kingdom: The TTA!

CaptSmee
06-14-2013, 10:11 PM
I love to sit by the fountain at Epcot

At Hollywood Studios I kike to wander the streets when the performers are out

Hanging out in Frontier land in MK is always nice