PDA

View Full Version : free mariott/or stay on property

CookieD
05-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Okay need some opinions here. Going to disney in November with another couple. We have the opportunity to stay at Mariott's Lakeshore resort which according to them is between both disney and universal (short drive) for free or to stay on property at the Caribean Beach Resort (where the other couple wants to stay). Has anyone ever stayed at that Mariott?? We are driving down so we will already have our car. Also celebrating a 50th birthday while down there. thanks

Ms. Mode
05-08-2013, 01:05 PM
If you stay at the Marriott for free on the November trip does that mean you get another WDW sooner rather than later? :D

SBETigg
05-08-2013, 01:10 PM
I haven't stayed at that Marriott. I've learned that I'm not a big fan of staying offsite, though. You do lose some of that Disney appeal and driving back and forth is a hassle (it's about a 20 minute drive from that resort, according to Google). But you can still have a lovely resort stay. Two other Orlando Marriotts have been good for me, and that one looks lovely. So if your trip isn't centered on Disney anyway, it could be a way to go. But if the majority of your time is Disney-based and you're looking to have that whole Disney experience, maybe not.

CookieD
05-08-2013, 06:43 PM
This will be the only disney trip this year. We always go in November for Christmas decorations. We don't do everything disney. We go to universal a couple of days and disney maybe 3 or 4. Thanks for the info about a 20 min drive

faline
05-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Does the free stay involve sitting through a time share sales pitch?

vamaggie
05-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the info about a 20 min drive

Does that 20 min drive include the time from the parking lots to the park entrance? THat on some days can add quite a bit of time too :(

CookieD
05-09-2013, 07:31 PM
No sales pitch!!!!!

Melanie
05-09-2013, 08:30 PM
My in-laws are Marriott Vacation Club members, so I've stayed at many of the resorts in the Orlando area. I don't think I've stayed at the one you are considering though. But, we had a great time at all of them. The rooms and resorts themselves are all so nice. We stayed at a few that are out by Sea World and also the Sabel Palms, which is at World Marriott Center. Even the ones out by Sea World were an easy drive to WDW. If it's free, and you could spend that money elsewhere, I'd be fine with it.