PDA

View Full Version : Lunch, please share your favorite counter services.

RaLiErBe
05-08-2013, 06:28 AM
We are planning on getting in line early and doing Be Our Guest but need help with good counter services in Studios and Epcot.

etibbetts
05-08-2013, 07:57 AM
My favorite CS in HS is the backlot express. The buffalo nuggets were awesome!

At Epcot my favorite is Sunshine Seasons. Although everything in the World Showcase is pretty good too.

wildernesslady
05-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Sunshine seasons,Tangerine cafe, and La Hacienda are our Epcot favorites. Honestly, we try to not eat at the studios.

c&d
05-08-2013, 08:36 AM
New bakery in France. Had a good sandwich and dessert. DH loved his Creme Brulee.

azcavalier
05-08-2013, 09:18 AM

At Epcot my favorite is Sunshine Seasons. Although everything in the World Showcase is pretty good too.

Agreed. Also in DHS, we actually like Pizza Planet, and i'm anxious to try Fairfax Faire. The menu looks good, as it features gourmet hot dogs and bbq pork sandwiches. Just stay away from the ABC Commissary. It is unarguably the worst dining anywhere in WDW.

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is fantastic, as there is so much variety. But pretty much anywhere in the world showcase (except for the American Pavilion), you can't go wrong.

Melanie
05-08-2013, 10:37 AM
My new favorite CS is Katsura Grill in Japan. Yum! We also love Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe, Yorkshire Fish and Chips and La Cantina de San Angel.

I beg you to skip Electric Umbrella. You can get those offerings pretty much anywhere else in WDW, and there is so much better quality food close by at comparable prices.

As for DHS, we actually like the Backlot Express, and can always find something tasty at Starring Rolls Cafe.

I agree in skipping the ABC Commissary.

EJS-Houston
05-08-2013, 12:07 PM
My Epcot favorites would be the counter-service restaurants in the Japan and Morrocco Pavilions.

#1donaldfan
05-08-2013, 12:44 PM
EC == Yorkshire Fishe Shoppe, Sunshine Sea, American Pav

bruin1344
05-08-2013, 12:57 PM

same here, I think i've tried most of the counterservices in World Showcase and I liked them all.

Ms. Mode
05-08-2013, 12:57 PM
ABC Commissary :ack:

Backstage Express and Starring Rolls are my favorites in DH.

We like the American Pavilion in Epcot, but there is a bakery in Germany that has GREAT cookies!

SBETigg
05-08-2013, 01:00 PM
My new favorite CS is Katsura Grill in Japan. Yum! We also love Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe, Yorkshire Fish and Chips and La Cantina de San Angel.

Also my favorites. Good ones, all. I pretty much avoid eating at DHS, but sometimes Starring Rolls has some sandwich or salad offerings to tide me over until I can get to Epcot.

ANG
05-08-2013, 02:17 PM
I've enjoyed San Angel in Epcot and ABC Commissary in HS

Yo Mickey!
05-18-2013, 07:24 AM
lotus blossom cafe in china for excellent orange chicken, nachos in germany, fish and chips in the uk, brats in germany...all great spots and i am certain i am forgetting others at the world showcase. we generally stay at bwv or bcv so it is always a treat to just walk into the back entrance for a stroll, a beer and then the family can all eat wherever they choose.

not a big fan of any foods at hollywood.

SBETigg
05-18-2013, 11:10 AM
lotus blossom cafe in china for excellent orange chicken, nachos in germany, fish and chips in the uk, brats in germany...all great spots and i am certain i am forgetting others at the world showcase. we generally stay at bwv or bcv so it is always a treat to just walk into the back entrance for a stroll, a beer and then the family can all eat wherever they choose.

not a big fan of any foods at hollywood.

Nachos in Germany? That ought to be interesting. I need to try those. Just kidding. I know you meant Mexico. But now I'm imagining potato slices covered in sliced wieners and covered in a sour cream sauce? Hm.

Jared
05-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Another vote for Tangierine Cafe. It's my favorite counter-service spot in any park. Sunshine Seasons is the best option in Future World.

The restaurants in the Studios are all awful. You don't want to eat there. If you have no other choice, the Backlot Express is passable.

TheHD
05-18-2013, 04:42 PM
The shrimp fried rice at the Lotus Blossom in China is amazing.

The Backlot Express has some pretty good sandwiches.

moe513
05-22-2013, 08:40 AM
As everyone is saying there isnt much in DHS but so much to pick from in Epcot. In Future World we like Sun Shine Season. In WS we like fish and chips in England, sweet and sour chx in China and lots of things in Norway.

JerseyDad
05-22-2013, 09:12 AM
.....another nod to Sunshine Seasons in Epcot ....it's got great variety ...and even makes my vegetarian daughter happy (which is very important ...because I've found there's nothing like a hungry-angry 17 yr old vegetarian)

....and now that I come to think of it ....I don't think, that in all 10 WDW trips ...if I've ever has a CS meal in Studios ...unless a turkey leg counts?

DonaldDuckUSA
05-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Honestly, we try to not eat at the studios.

As much as I hate to complain, I have to agree. We've had horrendous experiences at CS in HS. We either grab a snack at HS and then eat in another park or we do Prime Time. It's somewhat affordable.