PDA

View Full Version : Need help understanding free dining

sisterslovindisney
05-06-2013, 08:21 PM
I've tried to look for this info on my own but I still don't understand.

1. If I have an AP and they come out with a free dining offer like the one they have now for Visa holders, am I able to get in on the free dining? Would I just need to purchase a resort stay, or does having an AP mess me up? Also,

2. For the current Visa free dining offer I believe the offer ends on Sept 25th. If our arrival date is Sept 24th and we want to stay for a week, does the free dining go for the whole stay or just the first two days?

faline
05-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Free dining is offered as part of a package. Typically, you need to have a minimum stay and the package also includes a requirement to purchase a certain number of days of park passes (which you don't need with the annual pass). You could put aside the tickets that come with the package to be used in the future. If you buy all the package components it won't matter whether you have an annual pass or not, you can still have the free dining.

My understanding is that you get the free dining for your stay as long as you check in while the offer is available and you check in under the offered package.

Keep in mind that you are paying rack rate for your room when you get a free dining package. You might make out better with a room discount and paying out of pocket for your meals. Be sure to do the math to see if it works for you.

sisterslovindisney
05-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Thank you so much! We have never had the dining plan and right now we are still debating on getting an annual pass. We have an upcoming trip in Dec and for the first time we are staying off-site. I was thinking of purchasing the annual pass and trying to fit in at least one more trip. I want to make that second trip as budget-friendly as possible. I was hoping free dining would help but I think you are right about just looking for room discounts.

KarenP
05-07-2013, 12:34 PM
I also wanted to mention that Disney allows AP holders to add dining to their room only reservations. It would not be free dining though. You could have a discounted room offer with your AP and add dining at regular price.

VaderGirl
05-07-2013, 01:11 PM
They are releasing dining plan OR room discount this week to visa card holders, so they may offer it to general public later this week or next week. The dining plan will be covered thru whole trip . I asked them already since I am staying from sept 20 thru sept 28. hope that helps!

wildernesslady
05-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Thank you so much! We have never had the dining plan and right now we are still debating on getting an annual pass. We have an upcoming trip in Dec and for the first time we are staying off-site. I was thinking of purchasing the annual pass and trying to fit in at least one more trip. I want to make that second trip as budget-friendly as possible. I was hoping free dining would help but I think you are right about just looking for room discounts.

You could also upgrade your tickets that come with the free dining package to an AP once you are there. Then you would have passes for your second trip.

VaderGirl
05-07-2013, 04:04 PM
you can upgrade the dining plus? if so how much is it? thanx anyone who knows :thumbsup:

sisterslovindisney
05-07-2013, 09:40 PM
You could also upgrade your tickets that come with the free dining package to an AP once you are there. Then you would have passes for your second trip.

Now that is an interesting idea!!:cloud9: