PDA

View Full Version : Did I misinterpret this LTM event?

VWL Mom
05-06-2013, 06:20 PM
This is from Melanie's original LTM
Upcoming Events already announced:
July 1-7 - Independence Week
Magic Kingdom
The 4th of July is seven days long this year as Disney salutes America with a spectacular 4th of July Fireworks Party. Everything will be red, white and blue, from the fireworks and Cinderella Castle down to special-edition U.S.A. shirts, ear hats and other patriotic souvenirs.

I read this and thought the 4th fireworks would be all week. The July calendar lists the special fireworks on July 3rd and 4th only. We're going back to MK on July 1st purely for the fireworks. Did I read this wrong?

MickeysBestPal
05-06-2013, 06:48 PM
For what it's worth, in most years many calendars rarely started posting these kind of "special events" until much closer to the actual dates.

(In fact, it was rare that most calendars even mentioned the special "rehearsal version" of the Independence Day Fireworks on July 3 until a few days before... some never listed the July 3rd version at all.)

FLKatie912
05-06-2013, 07:14 PM
This is from Melanie's original LTM

I read this and thought the 4th fireworks would be all week. The July calendar lists the special fireworks on July 3rd and 4th only. We're going back to MK on July 1st purely for the fireworks. Did I read this wrong?

Specifically with the LTM offerings, they don't change the hours until the week before. It's possible that they won't even change the official calendar at all but it will be listed on the park Times Guides or be a special insert.

VWL Mom
05-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Ok thanks, I'll have to keep a check on it. I booked the Dessert Party for 9P. For July 3rd and 4th the dessert party is a 8P. If they change the fireworks time on the 1st do you think they would move those already booked for the party?

MickeysBestPal
05-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Ok thanks, I'll have to keep a check on it. I booked the Dessert Party for 9P. For July 3rd and 4th the dessert party is a 8P. If they change the fireworks time on the 1st do you think they would move those already booked for the party?

They would have to move one or the other to sync them up.

Pirate Granny
05-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Quite possibly the could have two fireworks shows...they only have the dessert party for the first one!

DizneyRox
05-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Quite possibly the could have two fireworks shows...they only have the dessert party for the first one!
This is Disney here, if they have two fireworks shows, they will sell two sets of tickets for a dessert party...