PDA

View Full Version : First time Dining

minnie04
05-06-2013, 04:00 PM
I finally convinced my DH to have Dinner on property during our next visit. Here is how it started. On our last visit we left the park and couldn’t thing of anywhere to eat we were a group of 14. Of course everyone kept saying "I don’t care where we eat", but couldn’t name any places. As we pulled out of the lot. I told him "ya know there are so many great places to eat on property" his response which I could have :beat: him was "how come we never eat on property" :jaw: well HONEY you always want to grab other things in the hurry or go off somewhere. :thedolls: sorry for that, but I just needed to explain why we never eat on property and it’s not a money issue. We have done Chief Mickey’s and also Liberty Tree Tavern when the kids we're younger :D SO this is my big question to all of you. Where should I book for dinner? He is not picky nor am I the kids will eat whatever, but I want him to really like it so we can stop all this crazy off property eating and start enjoying Disney restaurants. :cloud9:
We mostly book off property. He likes to cook, but there are those times when we leave late from the park that I would rather just go somewhere nice..(and not have to clean up )

MOJoe
05-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Are you always a party of 14?

minnie04
05-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Not always, but we do travel in groups ranging from 10 to 15 give or take. The next trip in July might only be 10 two families.

DisneyDINK
05-06-2013, 05:24 PM
You're making me think of that line from The American Adventure - Ben Franklin: "It is not easy to get 13 clocks to strike 12 at the same time." or something to that effect; I know I didn't get it right exactly, but... 10-15 people! Zounds!

Granted, I'm not the ideal person to be replying, but...

What about Biergarten? Oompah music, big tables, buffet, bier for the adults if they are into that.

O'Hana? Everybody eat meat? It could be fun with a big group.

I look forward to hearing others' ideas.

mousetrapper
05-06-2013, 08:26 PM
What about Boma? The food may be considered too adventurous for some, but there's such a big selection that someone will find something they like and it's absolutely delicious. You can't beat the atmosphere of AKL. I'd go a little earlier than your ADR and explore the lobby, etc. It's just beautiful.

Plus Boma has Zebra Domes!!! :thumbsup:

thejens
05-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Our favorites:
Magic Kingdom: Crystal Palace late breakfast instead of lunch, Maybe do counter service at Be My Guest (I've not tried it yet)
Epcot: Rose and Crown, Garden Grill is fun, I could see how Marakesh, Bier Garden would be fun with a crowd!
Animal Kingdom: We love Tusker House, Flame Tree is a good counter service. Our favorite though is to go to Sanaa and ask for, wait for, a table by the window and watch the animals.
Hollywood Studios: My kids love Sci-Fi (I think the food is blah) Brown Derby is fantastic, but pricier, 50s Prime Time is fun too, but I also think food is just okay.

There are so many good restaurants, it depends on what kind of food or experience you are looking for!

KylesMom
05-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Surveying the "land" for the best places for groups? I would go with Crystal Palace in MK (LOTS of choices for everyone),Biergarten in EPCOT just 'cause you can all sit at one table, Mama Melrose at Hollywood Studios and Yak & Yeti at AK if your in the parks. For a quick dodge out of the park, I would choose Whispering Canyon in Wilderness Lodge, Ohana in the Poly, or Cape May at the Beach/Yacht Club. Downtown Disney? We have really enjoyed TRex, but I would also strongly consider Raglan Road! :mickey:

etibbetts
05-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Teppan Edo in Japan is really fun. We typically go with a party of 7 and can all sit at the same grill/table. If you have a larger party, I'm sure they could get you two tables accross from each other. It's such a fun experience and great food.

Ms. Mode
05-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Whispering Canyon at WL would be really fun for a large party and the food is really good too! Then you could hop on a boat and head back over the MK for the evening! :number1:

minnie04
05-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Great thanks everyone :mickey: Im going to write a few down and run it by everyone. Hopefully they will agree on one or two.

1) Boma
2) Crystal palaca
3) Biergarten
4) Whispering Canyon

mydisneygirls
05-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Am I missing something??? Did WC get better because after they changed the menu, we didn't find the food good at all on our trip this past Sept. Won't eat there again.

I would suggest O'Hana or if you like buffets 1900 Park Fare. We also liked Captain's Grille at the Beach and Yatch Club.

#1donaldfan
05-07-2013, 12:24 PM
MK == TS =Tony's and LIberty Tree
CS= Torguga, Pecos Bills, Columbia HH
AK == TS = Yak n Yeti
CS = Pizzafari, Flametree bbq
EC == Tepan Edo,
CS = Yorkshire Fish Shoppe, Sunshine S
HS = TS = Sci Fi, 50's

Resorts,AK=Boma (BEST!!) dinner and breakfast
Contemp - Wave for breakfast
GF = 1900 Parkfare