PDA

View Full Version : A melancholy Disney day

Fangorn
05-02-2013, 04:04 PM
So today brings about a great deal of sadness and expectation in the Fangorn household.

On the sad side:
Our middle son has been an entertainment CM for the past 3 years, with a number of roles to his credit. His wife has primarily been a dancer in FotLK for several years. Today is their last day at WDW.

On the expectation side:
They're moving home! Leaving Florida on Sunday and driving up to the beautiful Pacific Northwest to start a new chapter of their lives in the opposite corner of the country.

I have to admit to being a tad torn. I'm really happy they're moving here, but now our "excuse" for going to Florida is gone and I'll have to listen to friends' tirades about "going to Disney AGAIN???" (these are the same people who go to the same resort in Cancun 3 or 4 time a year - go figure ;) ). It's also going to cost me more, since I won't have the CM room discounts available.

Of course, now when DW and I do go to WDW (no plans on actually changing our frequency), we'll have the time all to ourselves and not have our schedule/plans influenced by the kids' work schedules or wanting to see the Castle Show multiple times a day just because the boy is in it. That's a good thing, right? :blush:

But we have some wonderful memories - like this last December when the family was all there for their wedding and our 5-year old granddaughter (and the rest of us too) got a 15 min private audience with 3 Prince/Princess couples, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Peter Pan, Wendy, Goofy and Pluto all at the same time. :thumbsup:

Cue "The Circle of Life"...

Steve

Christine
05-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Oh Steve I'm sad to hear that, I bet they'll be sad to leave too. But the future is always ahead and who knows what's in it.

Turn a deaf ear to any of those "you're going AGAIN" folks and come down anytime you want/need! Now you can go with the boy and wife and relax!

I'm so glad I got to meet y'all at the 15 and hope to see ya real soon

mickeys_princess_mom
05-03-2013, 10:29 AM
What a wonderful experience for them!! His wife had my dream job! ;) And I wouldn't worry a bit about needing an excuse or people thinking you go to Disney too much! No such thing! :wave:

kakn7294
05-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I didn't know you had family there. I'm sure I must have seen them sometime over the past several years.

I get that too about going (and we only go 1-2 times a year) but it's those same people who ask for advice when they decide to go for themselves. I've learned to ignore the jabs.

Fangorn
05-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm so glad I got to meet y'all at the 15 and hope to see ya real soon

Me too! We're trying to plan a trip for October/November.

Steve

KylesMom
05-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Steve, your family doesn't need an excuse to go when you are able. Can't tell you how many times I deflect drama from folks who just don't get it, and I just think how lucky I am that I and my family DO.

I am glad that your son and his new bride will be closer to you, and the next time you arrive at Disney it will be a good place because you'll all be together - and not on a work schedule! :) Be sure to thank your offspring and spouse how many times they've made us all smile and laugh and cry within a minute - and know they have created magic for everyone!

LudwigVonDrake
05-12-2013, 05:52 PM
No one needs an "excuse" to go to Walt Disney World!! Go because you love it. If other people don't understand that's their problem not yours :mickey: