PDA

View Full Version : Mac/Word Help needed!

PirateLover
05-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Of course, after posting in another thread that I've never had an issue with my MacBook, one arises...

Recently, I went to save a file I was working on in Word 2011 for Mac. For some reason, my only option was to save it to Auto Recovery Files. It would not save in any other location, so I just went ahead and did that. I figured I would still be able to find it. Of course, now I can't access it. I can't find it anywhere. I've tried searching for it, I've looked through everything in the "Microsoft User Data" folder, nothing comes up in recent documents and it didn't reappear when I restarted Word. Any other ideas? I'm going crazy here. :crazy:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
05-02-2013, 02:59 AM
I sent you a private message. Hope it works!

PirateLover
05-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the PMs, but I think this file is officially in the Twilight Zone. Nothing seems to work. I do have the whole thing backed up the old fashioned way (I hand wrote it before I typed it), and it's not a pressing matter, but it would be such an annoyance to have to waste time typing it again. I don't even know why it saved to auto recovery, the machine had not shut down or done anything odd. Sigh.