PDA

View Full Version : If you could do any job

minnie04
05-01-2013, 03:54 PM
on property what would it be? The kids this past weekend were noticing how the cast members have to repeat things over and over all day long. Not just the basic "exit to the left' 'pull up on the bar" "Secure your seatbelt" , but the playing out of boat captains, Safari drivers, story tellers etc. So I was wondering which job you would like to do. It doesn’t have to be a ride it could be working in the resorts, stores, restaurants, etc. We were listening to the girl on the Jungle Boat ride and they were saying "man she has to say the same jokes and same lines over and over" I think she was great at it. I told them she enjoys doing what she is doing or she would not be there, because that can get monotonous all day long saying the same thing over and over. I thought why haven’t they made recordings for these rides at least the basic things,

Oh the main one that they were saying should be a recording is the tram to the cars. Yes some of it is recorded, but they still have to announce the day’s activities wouldn’t it be easier to record it once in the morning and just play it over and over as they drop off and pick up people.

Roxanne0404
05-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Any job would do as I love DW that much!!!!:mickey:

sacandjac
05-01-2013, 06:43 PM
After the day I had today anything at WDW would be fabulous! But working in one of the gift shops would be my pick!!

SBETigg
05-01-2013, 06:47 PM
I would be in the position of spending a week at each resort and reporting back on the stay for quality control purposes. I don't know if this is a real job, but that is the job I want. And I would be so darn good at it. I would actually love to do that and write a book about it. Compare, contrast, relate the different experiences. If I ever win the lottery...

figmentduck
05-01-2013, 07:50 PM
I would love to work on The Great Movie Ride, either as the guide or one of the gangsters.

brad192
05-01-2013, 09:05 PM
CEO of WDW. I, with the help of the podcast team, would have that place straightened out & running right inside of 5 years. :thumbsup:

Gator
05-02-2013, 12:40 AM
I'd love to be one of the Liberty Voices. It's the ultimate in singing, plus you get to work at Epcot. Can't beat that.

c&d
05-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Tower of Terror. I've watched some excellent CM's there and I think it would be fun to really get into character.

tazlikesrobots
05-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Phtopass photographer for me! I'd finally be able to get paid for my hobby :mickey:

DonLefNY
05-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Bus driver. You get a nice comfy seat, you have AC/heat and you are out of the rain.

DisneyMomx2
05-02-2013, 11:12 AM
I always said I would want to work at Check in at any one of the Disney hotels. How awesome it must be to welcome people to their vacations all day long. (although I'm sure there are days when that job can be exhausitng also.)

dkmwong
05-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Any job at WDW would suite me except in the food service industry:)

#1donaldfan
05-02-2013, 11:55 AM
I have thought this over many times and change my mind a lot. I truly would love to work on stage, interacting with the guests, maybe in some undercover security capacity. Who knows, when I retire I may check the legal department they have and try that on for size.....so long as it's a Disney job and I can get some Disney perks, I'm in !!!

buzznwoodysmom
05-02-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't think I would want to do any job in WDW. I want to forever be a guest! :cloud9:

However, if I were to change my mind......
DH and I have joked that when we retire to Florida when we are older I would work in one of the resort gift shops, WL or Poly! And he would drive the boats between MK and the resorts. Of course I could always let him work there and I could remain a guest. LOL.

PrincessJadesMom
05-02-2013, 01:30 PM
I would be in the position of spending a week at each resort and reporting back on the stay for quality control purposes. I don't know if this is a real job, but that is the job I want. And I would be so darn good at it. I would actually love to do that and write a book about it. Compare, contrast, relate the different experiences. If I ever win the lottery...

Yes! I would like to be your quality control partner. I think I will have to also perform quality control on all of the park attractions. :mickey::cloud9:

BrerGnat
05-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I would love to work in the Main Street Confectionery making all those goodies. It smells SO good in there and I really enjoy making candy/baking.

Ms. Mode
05-02-2013, 01:45 PM
I would love to work in the Main Street Confectionery making all those goodies. It smells SO good in there and I really enjoy making candy/baking.

Me too, except I think the best part would be standing out on the street at park open and waving at all the people pouring into the park.

My DH says he wants the job of asking "How many" on Dinosaur! :thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
05-02-2013, 01:52 PM
I've thought about it alot as well. I'm thinking something with very little stress and thought involved......maybe bell services at the Polynesian Resort which is my favorite location at WDW. The Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror would be cool to get to stay in character all day.:thumbsup:

epceddie
05-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Monorail driver. I think that would be a perfect job for me when I retire. There are probably age limits though.

snowflakegirl
05-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I would love to work with the animals in some capacity in Animal Kingdom. :-) Oooh, or tour guide for one of the backstage tours. I'd like to do that, too.

SBETigg
05-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Yes! I would like to be your quality control partner. I think I will have to also perform quality control on all of the park attractions. :mickey::cloud9:

I'm sure we would make a fantastic team!

ASweetLov
05-02-2013, 03:48 PM
I would like to be Donald Duck! :donald: I would love to take pictures with the guests and interact with them to make them smile. Plus the costume is perfect for my height since I am short Lol :blush:

EvilQueen2006
05-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Skipper on the Jungle Cruise! :gator:

Quadstriker
05-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Work the crowd during the preshow for Fantasmic.

MouseHouser
05-03-2013, 10:38 AM
As many a Disneyphile can tell you, John Lasseter served as a skipper on the Jungle Cruise in 1977-78, en route to ultimately becoming the chief creative officer at Pixar.

Google it to see some fun pictures. Bet he was a hoot.

Main Street Jim
05-03-2013, 11:52 AM
I love reading all of your responses :)

Got to "live the dream" of being an Attractions host for nearly ten years. Worked all over Magic Kingdom. *LOVED* it :mickey:

One thing I never got to do while I worked there, was work the streets for MSEP - my *all-time* FAVORITE parade. I applied for a part-time job early in 2001 while it was still running the second time (during the Millennium Celebration), and got accepted *just* after it ended that run. I did, however, get to work at a few locations that I always *dreamed* about: I did work the streets for parades with Share a Dream Come True and Spectro; became a Walt Disney World Railroad conductor and engineer; and got to work at my all-time *favorite* attraction - Tomorrowland Speedway :)

I also got to become a trainer for several locations - trained my "kids" the RIGHT way and the *Disney* way - but, whether they followed through or not was up to them...LOL...

When I was a trainer for Main Street, I would take my group<s> up on the roof of Casey's to watch "Wishes" for a "job well done" and passing their training :)

Man, I miss it :(

05-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Jim, when I came onboard in 09 my trainer took us up on the roof over Ice Cream for Wishes. Loved that, however, that got stopped later in that year. Not allowed to do that anymore.

PAC for ELP (MSEP) is a little more difficult that it was for Spectro. Several larger gaps (more crossings at Town Sq. & Pecos/Splash), but the biggest problems with the gaps is more runners.

Never got bored with watching Spectro twice a night, 5 or 6 nights a week but ELP is really grating on me and a lot of others. Don't know what it is about that parade but the general concensus among PAC and a lot of parade entertainment is "get it out of here" for almost anything else.

WDWdriver
05-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Man, I miss it :(

You should come back, Jim. At least for a part-time job. We miss your posts on the happenings in the MK.

waymickey
05-03-2013, 02:09 PM
I want to be the person who hands out stickers to kids and adults on main street. I want to turn my head and see the castle and I want to see the mickey head balloons drifting down the street. I would love to work in MK ! I do not think I want to work a ride unless it was maybe the Hauted Mansion or splash mountain.

Main Street Jim
05-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Monorail driver. I think that would be a perfect job for me when I retire. There are probably age limits though.No age limits :) You would, however, start out on the platforms loading and unloading guests before a driver "spot" opens up. ;) It's the same with the steam trains; you start out as a conductor, and pretty much have to wait for someone to retire (or otherwise...LOL) before getting in the cab :)

I want to be the person who hands out stickers to kids and adults on main street. I want to turn my head and see the castle and I want to see the mickey head balloons drifting down the street. I would love to work in MK ! I do not think I want to work a ride unless it was maybe the Hauted Mansion or splash mountain. Two options for ya: Main Street Operations (Attractions), or "Entertainment"/Streetmosphere. As part of MS Operations, you'd be trained in Turnstiles, Parade Audience Control, Conductor on the trains, and *maybe* Main Street vehicles. As part of PAC, in between parades, you're pretty much on your own out on the street. :) Entertainment is self-explanatory :)

Main Street Jim
05-03-2013, 02:20 PM
You should come back, Jim. At least for a part-time job. We miss your posts on the happenings in the MK.If only I could afford it....LOL...I'm up in Ohio now... :P

luvkatiebug
05-03-2013, 02:27 PM
1) As a teacher who has brought her students to participate in the YES program in natural and physical sciences, I would love to coordinate the education programs that they do on property (like in Animal Kingdom and Epcot).

.... but

2) I always tell my students (who know my love of all things Disney) that my retirement job will be as the Fairy Godmother in MK because she is short and plump, and I fit the bill! :mickey:

05-03-2013, 02:50 PM
As part of MS Operations, you'd be trained in Turnstiles, Parade Audience Control, Conductor on the trains, and *maybe* Main Street vehicles. As part of PAC, in between parades, you're pretty much on your own out on the street. :) Entertainment is self-explanatory :)

MSO doesn't train on or oversee turnstiles anymore. That is now Main Entrance Ops. and is a function of Guest Services since mid 2012. Got moved away from MSO Those of us that had ATS codes can still pick up shifts but MSOps does not "normally" get scheduled there anymore.

Main St. vehicles, have to be full time and a long wait list for that gig. PAC has changed a lot lately also. All assignments, even flag retreat and chairs & tables on CDS now instead of coordinator boards.

Jim, you could still come down as a CT, just harder to stay current with hours than it used to be.

azcavalier
05-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Great question.

My wife wants to be at the Haunted Mansion. She loves the CMs who really get into it.

I would enjoy any number of gigs....

1. Central Shops - I would love to be a part of the team that creates, maintains, and restores the stuff you see on stage. I think that would be amazing. But they haven't hired anyone in 8 years...there is a lot of institutional knowledge there in that location.

2. DHS street performer
3. Attractions at MK or DAK

waymickey
05-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Two options for ya: Main Street Operations (Attractions), or "Entertainment"/Streetmosphere. As part of MS Operations, you'd be trained in Turnstiles, Parade Audience Control, Conductor on the trains, and *maybe* Main Street vehicles. As part of PAC, in between parades, you're pretty much on your own out on the street. :) Entertainment is self-explanatory :)

Is there a Height Limit for any of these? I am what you would call Vertically challenged?:blush: I would love to be one my own on Main Street, hand out stickers and talk with the guests. I wouldn't mind selling the balloons either!:mickey:

MrPeetrie
05-04-2013, 11:17 AM
I have said many times, "When I retire, I want to move to Florida and work at Walt Disney World."

I want to do anything where my interaction with the guest can help make their stay more "magical" the way so many CMs have already made our stays magical.

Having done theatre for years (which is where I met my beautiful wife), I'd love to work at either the Tower of Terror or Haunted Mansion. I could really get into the character. Unfortunately, I may be too old and rickety by the time I retire.

Another thought is as Mayor of Main Street. I would LOVE for my job description to include interacting with guests and just try to brighten as many days as I can.

As a previous poster already stated: working at check-in could be great. I would love to get guests' vacation started off in the right direction. At each check-in over the years, the CMs have all seemed as excited about our vacation as we were. That gets everything started off on the right foot.

WDWdriver
05-04-2013, 03:52 PM
I have said many times, "When I retire, I want to move to Florida and work at Walt Disney World."

I used to say exactly that to my kids while they were growing up. They were quite surprised when I actually did it!

Main Street Jim
05-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Is there a Height Limit for any of these? I am what you would call Vertically challenged?:blush: I would love to be one my own on Main Street, hand out stickers and talk with the guests. I wouldn't mind selling the balloons either!:mickey:No height requirement :P "You must be this tall to experience...." LOL...but yeah...no height requirement.

I *believe* that Balloons are actually a third-party company. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

mickeys_princess_mom
05-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Lion Dancer at Festival of the Lion King! :cloud9:

05-04-2013, 09:03 PM
I *believe* that Balloons are actually a third-party company. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Correct, still the case.

disneymom2000
05-04-2013, 10:09 PM
I want to be the person who got to clean and fix up the special room in the top of the castle. Just being in that room seems to be so magical.

Main Street Jim
05-05-2013, 03:00 AM
See, you guys are the reason<s> why I *LOVED* working at the parks :blush:

You all "get it". :) :mickey:

Auroring Good Time
05-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Where I work, every year, we have to identify our short and long term goals. For years, I have always said that my long term goal is to work at The Briar Patch in Frontierland.

MrPeetrie
05-05-2013, 11:15 AM
MainStreetJim, I get the impression you were an EXCELLENT CM, one who truly embodied(s) the Disney spirit.

Hopefully, we interacted at some point and you are one of the many CMs that have helped to foster my Walt Disney World addiction. Thanks.

sportsguy2315
05-05-2013, 11:47 AM
If I could go back, I'd probably do some sort of guest services role. My favorite part of my CP role was simply talking to guests, whether it was about planning their day to comparing notes on attractions while creating some magic along the way.

Consequently, I did everything once at Epcot (at least attraction wise) so I could say to a guest "Soarin is the best ride in the park because of x, y, and z." while also billing Beverly :D

MNNHFLTX
05-05-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't think I would want to do any job in WDW. I want to forever be a guest! :cloud9:
Same here! But I am glad that there are so many others who do want to work there. :D

LudwigVonDrake
05-05-2013, 04:51 PM
I've always said that I would love to be a bus driver as long as I could talk to and interact with the guests while driving :bus:

Main Street Jim
05-05-2013, 06:45 PM
I've always said that I would love to be a bus driver as long as I could talk to and interact with the guests while driving :bus:A lot of 'em don't any more :(

Buses are hard to get into; Ron could tell ya more (I think...LOL). I think you need a CDL.

WDWdriver
05-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Buses are hard to get into; Ron could tell ya more (I think...LOL). I think you need a CDL.

Actually, Disney prefers that you do not already have a CDL. They want you to learn the "Disney" way to drive a bus. But there are DOT inspectors on property who will administer a driving exam at the end of the Disney training. That's where you earn the CDL, and it's paid for by Disney.

BTW, I haven't driven buses for years. Working in Attractions at AK now.

mymickeymouse
05-06-2013, 06:31 AM
:beer: vendor at epcot:sombrero:

Main Street Jim
05-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Actually, Disney prefers that you do not already have a CDL. They want you to learn the "Disney" way to drive a bus. But there are DOT inspectors on property who will administer a driving exam at the end of the Disney training. That's where you earn the CDL, and it's paid for by Disney.

BTW, I haven't driven buses for years. Working in Attractions at AK now.Well, I *knew* you were in Attractions....but also knew that you were a *former* bus driver...LOL....and that maybe you knew the process...:P

bruin1344
05-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Being some kind of a greeter or tour guide. I enjoy helping people figure out the parks or resorts.

Main Street Jim
05-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Being some kind of a greeter

There's one at every single attraction and resort :thumbsup:

or tour guide. I enjoy helping people figure out the parks or resorts.Guest Relations :)

Aurora
05-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Well I'm too old now, but 30 years ago I would have LOVED to be one of the princesses. Just a chance to meet all the kids and make their day happier. My children loved meeting the princesses, even my littlest boy, and they were all so lovely and fantastic in character.

I would NOT want to be a full costumed character, though -- too hot. :sick:

FLKatie912
05-06-2013, 07:16 PM
A lot of 'em don't any more :(

They are currently hiring for Bus Drivers :D

ChiefFlyingEagle1996
05-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Oh goodness, this made me really think... Haha
I would probably choose to be a photo pass photographer. I just think being able to capture someone's Disney memories is pretty awesome. How nice would it be to say I helped make that memory haha, maybe I only think that but I'm sure I'm not:))

Main Street Jim
05-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Oh goodness, this made me really think... Haha
I would probably choose to be a photo pass photographer. I just think being able to capture someone's Disney memories is pretty awesome. How nice would it be to say I helped make that memory haha, maybe I only think that but I'm sure I'm not:))Another "third party" location - I *think*. They used to work for Kodak; not sure if they still do or not.

CuteAsMinnie
05-07-2013, 11:06 PM
DH dreams of being a boat captain in Bay Lake, specifically WL to MK. So, I'll be his first mate.

:blush:

05-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Another "third party" location - I *think*. They used to work for Kodak; not sure if they still do or not.

Disney, at least now. Have a couple of friends from MSO that transferred a year and a half or so ago.

ChiefFlyingEagle1996
05-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Another "third party" location - I *think*. They used to work for Kodak; not sure if they still do or not.

Well then, if they are still 3rd Party, then I would want to be a character, I don't care which one I would just want to be one haha, I would love to see a kid smile when they get to meet their favorite character:)

goofy-4-disney
05-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Well I would love to work in Epcot in the World Showcase, but I'm not from Germany so that might be a deal breaker. In all honesty though I'd take any part time job working in the MK after I retire. It could be working at an attraction/ride, restaurant, or store.

elmjimmlm
05-09-2013, 01:36 PM
I'd love to have a job where you work in different places and not be tied down to one thing...That way I could enjoy it all!:mickey:

CU Tiger
05-10-2013, 03:06 PM
It would be fun to be part of the HDDR. Get to act, sing, and make people laugh. (and maybe get some of that great fried chicken :cloud9:). :mickey:

taleasoldastime
05-10-2013, 04:19 PM
I would want to work with the horses at disney world. I love horses! They are amazing animals.

KAJUNKING
05-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Would like to work as a train engineer, or pilot the monorail. also working in the hm would be cool as well

Main Street Jim
05-10-2013, 10:44 PM
One nice thing about working at WDW - you're *not* "tied down" to "just one job" if you don't want to be :)

You can move around if you want to. Tired of Splash Mountain? Transfer to Thunder. Don't like Frontierland? Move to Tomorrowland. Don't like Magic Kingdom? Transfer to Studios. Tired of attractions? Go to Food/Beverage. Getting sick of the parks? Move to a resort. Every six months :)

05-10-2013, 10:44 PM
....., or pilot the monorail.

Used to tell my kids on the return trips back home from WDW that my ultimate retirement job was to drive the monorail, because if you had an altzheimers moment, you couldn't get lost.

Told casting that at my face interview and thought the interviewer wouldn't stop laughing. Said he had never heard that before.

NickD100
05-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Working the lab in Living with the Land. Or clowning around on the streets at Disney Studios. Perhaps even water transportation. But I'm pretty sure casting would throw me in as a nerd waiter at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. But that's not too far off from clowning around on the DS streets. Haha.

Ms. Darling
05-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Window Dresser!

Another option would be working in the decorating department for all the holidays.

tjstrike
05-14-2013, 02:11 AM
I would either like to be a bouncer at Disney quest, drive the monorail or one of the boats. (In no particular order) :blush:

AdventurerKim
05-20-2013, 01:55 PM
I would want to do so many things at WDW that I don't know where to start! I would definitely want to be a maid at HM so I could be there and wear the cool outfit. I wouldn't mind being a tour guide for one of the backstage tours or work with their archives/library. My fun fantasy job there would be a dancer, in a parade or in a show. :cloud9:

Button1215
05-20-2013, 08:21 PM
I would love to retire and become a greeter... "Welcome to Magic Kingdom, have a magical day". What an easy day and everyone is happy in the morning :) My husband has always wanted to do the Jungle Cruise boat. He loves cheesy jokes

05-20-2013, 08:51 PM
I would love to retire and become a greeter... "Welcome to Magic Kingdom, have a magical day". What an easy day and everyone is happy in the morning :)

Boy, would you be in for a surprise. Sorry, just couldn't help but say that. Park Greeter (turnstiles) "can be" a decent day but it can be very "trying" sometimes. If you really believe "everyone is happy in the morning" you should come in and work an opening shift with us. Might be surprised about the other 80%. LOL

WDWdriver
05-20-2013, 10:32 PM
if you really believe "everyone is happy in the morning" you should come in and work an opening shift with us.

lol!

Davyjones
05-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Without hesitation or doubt, I would be an aquarist in EPCOT at The Seas with Nemo and Friends!! I know they're not the typical cast members who deal with the guests very often, if at all, but it would be a dream come true for me!!

It also helps that I'm an animal person with 13 years of zookeeping and aquarium experience, so I guess it's not completely out of the question, right? :D

:shark::crab::nemo::dory::dolphin::shark::shark:

Lizzie
05-24-2013, 05:04 PM
I would love to give tours or even greet enjoy working with people. But also crowds for parades and shows sounds like a lot of fun. Have worked big events for years I always enjoy working at concerts but get bored just going to them.

Main Street Jim
05-25-2013, 08:14 AM
I'd love to have a job where you work in different places and not be tied down to one thing...That way I could enjoy it all!:mickey:One of my good friends down there has worked at all four parks. :thumbsup:

Window Dresser!

Another option would be working in the decorating department for all the holidays. All part of the Decorating department :mickey:

My fun fantasy job there would be a dancer, in a parade or in a show.Entertainment department. :) If you have *any* kind of acting/dancing experience, it helps.

I would love to retire and become a greeter... "Welcome to Magic Kingdom, have a magical day". What an easy day and everyone is happy in the morning.
Boy, would you be in for a surprise. Sorry, just couldn't help but say that. Park Greeter (turnstiles) "can be" a decent day but it can be very "trying" sometimes. If you really believe "everyone is happy in the morning" you should come in and work an opening shift with us. Might be surprised about the other 80%. LOL I was gonna say the *exact* same thing...LOL

tiggerbuddy
05-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Haunted Mansion Cast Member...
Please step to the DEAD center of the room...:thumbsup:

Disney-Nut
05-27-2013, 05:46 PM
I would be perfectly happy just picking up trash in magic kingdom

Mendelson
05-28-2013, 12:04 PM
Does Jasmine need a costume attendant or anything? Did I mention I'd work for free? :blush:

Main Street Jim
05-28-2013, 08:33 PM
I would be perfectly happy just picking up trash in magic kingdomLOL...I dunno 'bout that...

:P

DisneyEpcotDad
05-31-2013, 08:40 AM
:mickey: Several jobs come to mind.
1)One of the painters going around to each resort to do touch up paint jobs. 2)One of the resort workers smoothing out the sand at those resorts that have "beaches". 3)Helping to keep the property free of trash!

Brer Fox
06-05-2013, 03:27 AM
I'd love to work at the Haunted Mansion and I'd also love to be in a character costume, I can handle the heat.

Luv4WDW
06-06-2013, 04:02 PM
I would love to be the greeter at the Grand Floridian. That hotel specifically because it is so nostalgic for me and that is our home resort. I would like that job because I think you would see the least of the backstage areas. I was backstage in high school when we marched at the MK and I saw Mickey without his head and he was smoking.... takes something away there. :secret: I also think you'd see the happiest people and you wouldn't have to deal with problems!:cloud9:

AvonleaCF
06-06-2013, 05:45 PM
- Boat driver between Port Orleans and DTD.

- Kilimanjaro Safaris driver/guide.

- Cashier at one of the bigger/busier gift shops in the parks.

- Reception at any of the deluxe resorts.

- VIP tour guide.

jillluvsdisney
06-06-2013, 06:40 PM
I'd love to drive the Cinderella's carriage at the wedding pavilion.

jenash10
06-07-2013, 02:03 PM
I'm a project manager by trade and really enjoy it. It would be fun to combine two things I love. Is there anything at the parks for someone who likes to manage projects?

masonlovesdisney
07-26-2013, 09:30 PM
By far one of the easiest questions on here!
1.) Tower of Terror
2.) Haunted Mansion
3.) Kilimanjaro Safaris
4.) Space Mountain
5.) ANY of the characters

Tinksalot
07-26-2013, 10:10 PM
I would prefer working at one of the resorts. I don't want to see the underground "workings" of Disney. It would take away the magic.

Main Street Jim
07-26-2013, 10:42 PM
I would prefer working at one of the resorts. I don't want to see the underground "workings" of Disney. It would take away the magic.It'd be the same as "backstage" at the resorts...besides, if you're *any* kind of a Disney nerd like me, the first time you get your Cast ID, that'd be the first place you head to :P

Snow's Mom
07-26-2013, 11:13 PM
I want to be in charge of handing out Pixie Dust! :pixie:

Arielfan98
07-27-2013, 01:31 AM
It's funny you ask because many might say the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror b/c it's one of the few places CMs don't have to smile and be happy. But if I had the choice I would love to be Ariel. I'm a people person and I would love to be Ariel and make little girls (and boys) of all ages feel special. On the other hand I have a hobby for cake decorating so...maybe as a pastry chef or somewhere where the bakers decorate all the Disney cakes. :cake:

masonlovesdisney
07-30-2013, 05:45 PM
It's funny you ask because many might say the Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror b/c it's one of the few places CMs don't have to smile and be happy.

Not necessarily, i would enjoy working those two rides due to how in character you can become. It allows for so much creativity.

TikiLounger
08-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I saw a Discovery Channel special about the making of Expedition Everest. There was a segment on the Imagineers and their travel to Mount Everest (I'm guessing Nepal) to experience the area. Some were charged with doing the shopping for the items in the awesome queue line. I'd SO love to be a buyer for Disney. I'm an artist and I'm REALLY into antiques and all things "eclectic". I think I'd do a great job travelling the world to find cool, interesting items to help create an authentically themed experience.

Susan A
08-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Sometimes I think I would like to drive the buses from the resorts to the parks. I would like to give tidbits of info to the guests besides the usual, "please remain seated or hold on the the bars during the ride".

Other times, I'd like to work in the Emporium.

grumpyguy
08-02-2013, 08:16 AM
I think I would like to be in production of the live shows,stage or sound crew.Or,possibly grounds keeping.At the resorts,in the morning I see the guys trimming and watering plants and spiffing up the greenery.That looks pretty cool.Then again,something at AK.Working with and around the exotic animals would be very fulfilling.
Somedays I think being a popcorn vendor would be just fine!:cloud9:

Gauis2001
08-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Guest services....answering questions and solving problems and interacting with guests from all over the world....what a deal!

DonaldDuckUSA
08-13-2013, 02:32 PM
You know, I love helping people, even when they're angry about something. I wouldn't mind working in a customer service role, especially to help resolve guest's problems and frustrations. Sometimes, there isn't an answer on how to improve something in the past other than to a) offer them something else or b) reduce the chances of that happening to other guests. I think this would be hardest to do at resorts, but I'd probably be okay doing it anywhere.

I'm guessing that takes many years of promotions, but I wouldn't mind climbing those ranks, given the opportunity to move to central Florida.

Main Street Jim
08-15-2013, 11:32 PM
You know, I love helping people, even when they're angry about something. I wouldn't mind working in a customer service role, especially to help resolve guest's problems and frustrations. Sometimes, there isn't an answer on how to improve something in the past other than to a) offer them something else or b) reduce the chances of that happening to other guests. I think this would be hardest to do at resorts, but I'd probably be okay doing it anywhere.

I'm guessing that takes many years of promotions, but I wouldn't mind climbing those ranks, given the opportunity to move to central Florida.*EVERY* role at Walt Disney World is "customer service" (or, "Guest Service"). :thumbsup: :mickey: From the Custodial Cast cleaning up the parks after the guests are done for the night, to the Vice President of the Walt Disney World Resort :)

Even as an Attractions host (and I was at *several*), every day was a new challenge. From helping "lost parents" (remember, there are no "lost children" at the Disney Parks!), to recovering lost items on attractions (had a lady one time lose her (own) stroller while riding the train between Frontierland and ToonTown...we had to stop the train just past the Indian village to pick it up, as she had been on the train ahead of us, and waiting at TTF station), to dealing with kids that weren't quite the required height (watched a lady put Mickey ice cream sandwiches *inside* of her son's shoes so he'd be "tall enough"...nope...LOL)...

gueli
08-16-2013, 12:27 AM
I would like to be Santa...
:mickey: