PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP work?

VaderGirl
05-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi,
How does the party work? if we have a MYW ticket, do we still have to pay the $65 or whatever to get in or can we use a park addmission? Are ALL rides working & if we dont go, we r losing 4 nites of magic kingdom time now, thats not fair. what time does it end? i m going in september for 8 days, 4 nites are going to be that party, so if i dont pay the $60 + extra i have to leave? or can we stay & just not get candy? :mad: thank you for any help

PopPhan
05-01-2013, 11:58 AM
MNSSHP is a "hard ticket" event. What that means is that they actually "close down" the park and the readmit anyone who has purchased a ticket to the event.

Your MYW ticket does NOT get you into this event.

How it really works is that, about an hour prior to the event, they try to usher people out of the park if they do not have a ticket to the event. If they do, there are places within the park to get a wristband to show that you have paid for the event.

At the start time for the event, normally 7pm, anyone found inside the park without a wristband will be ushered immediately out of the park. "Do not pass GO; Do not collect $200."

If you DO have a ticket, you can use it for park entrance at around 4pm. At least this is how it has worked in the past and I have seen nothing to say that this has changed or will change.

VaderGirl
05-01-2013, 01:33 PM
that is just wrong. another 60 bux n i lose a nite at the parks to boot if i don buy now, since it may sell out. disney is making vacations work now cuz u have to plan ur every move esp with these ADRS. thanks for the info!

VaderGirl
05-01-2013, 01:48 PM
actually just read u can do the party separate, so u dont need to pay for both but u do need the ticket. but its taking away 4 of my nites on vacation! GRRRR it should be 2 since it so far away. i wanted to do terrace party & not that is proably only available 1 or 2 if im lucky:mad:

PopPhan
05-01-2013, 01:57 PM
that is just wrong. another 60 bux n i lose a nite at the parks to boot if i don buy now, since it may sell out. disney is making vacations work now cuz u have to plan ur every move esp with these ADRS. thanks for the info!

You would lose possible night(s) in MK only. Epcot and DHS will still be open those nights that MNSSHP/MVMCP occurs. You just need to schedule your park days/nights accordingly.

As for ADRs.....That is why I do my ADRs at resorts rather than in parks.

VaderGirl
05-01-2013, 02:02 PM
i know, i just alway did tradition of magic kingdom again last nite there & am leaving on a sat. so friday would be last nite. im getting there on a friday also, so dont wanna go there now on first nite either, (also losing tues & thurs) just not fair. if all the rides were open, ok, but it stated most will be open & then the dessert party is messed up . sorry to vent just not what i planned & already booked plane tix, so pretty much stuck! how do u get to resorts for dinner, i guess go to MK & take bus or monorail if avaibale right?

Strmchsr
05-01-2013, 02:39 PM
how do u get to resorts for dinner, i guess go to MK & take bus or monorail if avaibale right?

That's correct. You would only have to go to the MK for monorail resorts. You can go to any park or DTD and take buses to other resorts if you have reservations at one.

Sorry for the frustration. MNSSHP has been going so many years I think Disney just assumes everyone knows that's the way it's going to be in Sept & Oct (then Nov/Dec for the MVMCP). They make a ton of money off the hard ticket events. I know a lot of folks don't use a park ticket on the day of the event and go to resorts or DTD. In all previous years, and I assume it would be the same this year, you can get in with your party ticket starting at 4 pm so it's really better to do that than buy a park ticket that day.

VaderGirl
05-01-2013, 02:56 PM
thanks. is there a way of finding out which rides r closed?

joanna71985
05-01-2013, 03:19 PM
thanks. is there a way of finding out which rides r closed?

In the past, rides closed include:
Jungle Cruise
Country Bear Jamboree
Tiki Room
Liberty Belle boat
Train

Most rides are open for the parties

Melanie
05-01-2013, 04:01 PM
In the past, rides closed include:
Jungle Cruise

Jungle Cruise is closed for the parties now? My most favorite cruise was during MNSSHP a while back. Best Skipper ever, who totally went off the script. Awesome!

VaderGirl
05-01-2013, 04:11 PM
oh ok, feeling a bit better, so the major popular rides r open, also they r open til modnight correct?

Strmchsr
05-01-2013, 05:17 PM
oh ok, feeling a bit better, so the major popular rides r open, also they r open til modnight correct?

Yes, that's correct. The party goes until midnight. Non-party goers have to be out at 7.

Aurora
05-02-2013, 09:20 AM
i know, i just alway did tradition of magic kingdom again last nite there & am leaving on a sat. so friday would be last nite. im getting there on a friday also, so dont wanna go there now on first nite either, (also losing tues & thurs) just not fair. if all the rides were open, ok, but it stated most will be open & then the dessert party is messed up . sorry to vent just not what i planned & already booked plane tix, so pretty much stuck! how do u get to resorts for dinner, i guess go to MK & take bus or monorail if avaibale right?

I agree with you -- four nights out of eight for early closing at the MK is too much and makes vacation planning more difficult. But I think we are in the minority. There are many, many people who will pay practically another full day of admission just to get into the parties, and Disney makes a lot of money on them. If they didn't, they would stop having them.

Mitzie
05-02-2013, 01:10 PM

If it makes you feel any better, DH and I have been to MNSSHP for the last 5 years. DH insists they are the best fireworks that MK does. Anyway, it is a fun atmosphere. Kids and adults are dressed up and some get real elaborate. We have gone at the end of Oct and lines can be very short. We have been back at BTM during the first parade and literally no one was in line and they didn't make us exit the car and just let us ride the roller coaster again..Not all the eating locations are open so plan for that as well. You can look up on other spots and see the flyer from last years party that shows what rides or attractions were open, where the trick or treat locations were..character meets and food aval.

VaderGirl
05-02-2013, 04:18 PM
oh wow, cool thanx for info. wish u didnt need to buy 4 months ahead, as of now, my son who is 12 said he dont care for the parades & basically not to waste the money,lol but when we r there he may feel differently. does it always sell out ahead???

joanna71985
05-02-2013, 06:32 PM
oh wow, cool thanx for info. wish u didnt need to buy 4 months ahead, as of now, my son who is 12 said he dont care for the parades & basically not to waste the money,lol but when we r there he may feel differently. does it always sell out ahead???

Most usually don't. But some do (including Halloween night)

Main Street Jim
05-02-2013, 06:51 PM
As a former long-time Cast Member at the park, and having attended about four or five years of MNSSHP's myself, I can tell you that , in my honest opinion, the Halloween parties are the *best* "hard-ticket" events at the Magic Kingdom.

All nights do not sell out; you can also buy tickets *at* the park or resort when you get there. Just make sure to *check before you leave* that the night you want to go is NOT sold out yet :) The way it's worked in the past, is that you can get into the park as early as 4:00pm with *JUST* your party tickets - no need to use up a day on a park ticket (unless you want to, of course).

My recommendation: visit another park during the day; head back to your resort for an afternoon nap or to eat (OR...take a "relax" day at the pool, shop/eat at Downtown Disney, etc...take a break from the hustle 'n bustle of the parks...); then head to MK so that you *arrive* at the turnstiles at about 3:45-4:00. That way, the afternoon parade is done, and people will be leaving the park. From 4:00 til 7 or so, enjoy some of your favorite "big" attractions before they get busy again during the party. Use the "party time" to enjoy the parade (the second one is MUCH less crowded...), the fireworks, and the trick-or-treating around the park. :mickey:

Enjoy!

Melanie
05-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Here in the last few years, more and more have been selling out.

05-02-2013, 07:56 PM
As a former long-time Cast Member at the park, and having attended about four or five years of MNSSHP's myself, I can tell you that , in my honest opinion, the Halloween parties are the *best* "hard-ticket" events at the Magic Kingdom.

From one Main St. Ops person to a former, BOO To You Jim, LOL, LOL. I've done them for 4 years also, both Halloween and Christmas parties, and I'm just the opposite. I like the Christmas parties better.

I like the Christmas party parade a lot better (longer and just more "upbeat" for me - although the music does get a bit repetitive) although I do like the gravediggers in the Halloween party parade.

Holiday Wishes just seems to "theme better" to the music track than Hallowishes. I do enjoy watching and seeing all the costumes though and do like the Haunted Mansion decor for Halloween parties.

Was great at one of the parties last year when we had to get a manager approval to let a stroller that was encased with a pirate ship into the park. That thing was awesome.

I guess I'm just too much of a Christmas season person, SORRY. You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one.

05-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Sorry, messed up the edit of post #19 above.

VaderGirl
05-02-2013, 09:34 PM
:mickey: THANKS SO MUCH, I'm going end of sept. ,the first week of it so it will probably sell out,lol but i will roll dice &if its close & notice they r selling out i will give my son a last consideration, if its meant to be , it will be, lol thank you ALL! :D