PDA

View Full Version : May the 4th be with you: should I change my plans a little

bird
04-30-2013, 11:15 AM
This is our 3rd trip to Disney World. We are arriving at the Swan and Dolphin on Sat May 4th @ 9:30am. We have two boys ages 10 & 8.5. They love Star Wars by the way!
We planned to go to AK on our first day but I just found out that HWS is having special activities and Starwars fireworks on May 4th. How crowded do you think Hollywood Studios will be on Sat May 4th?
Do you think it's worth changing my days around? We don't have park hoppers this go around so we plan to spend 1 day at each park.

DizneyRox
04-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Fireworks at MGM? A rare event indeed... Expect huge crowds and a miserable time to be there if you ask me. MGM doesn't hold crowds very well and fireworks viewing is tough as locations fill up fast, and there really is only one location and that's front and center.

kakn7294
04-30-2013, 04:03 PM
I expect the crowds to be huge. Star Wars weekends always draw well and with the special "May the 4th Be With You" events, I'd expect an even larger crowd. Personally, if I only had 1 day at each park, I'd probably skip it unless it's really important to you.

Kenny1113
04-30-2013, 04:34 PM
I think it sounds fun! My boys (11 and 9 ) would prob love it! I guess you have to decide if that is worth battling the crowds for. If not, and you would rather have a true DHS day, skip it.

Side note, we did SWW one year over Memorial Day weekend (for DSs bday )expecting it to be :crowd: . It ended up not being bad at all.