PDA

View Full Version : Bone Spur Surgery?

mickeys_princess_mom
04-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Anyone dealt with this? Sizable bone spur, plantar fasciitis. Tried shot, brace (which I find almost impossible to sleep wearing...) and wonder if surgery would help or hinder in the future. Timing is everything--don't see how I'm going to be able to stay off of it with Grandbaby 2 arriving soon ( I take care of them), and Disney 35th Anniversary trip in August. Just wonder if I should or shouldn't? And I don't get that they don't remove the spur, just cut things away from it....Doesn't it eventually push on something else to cause pain?...Advice welcomed!
:help: :confused:

Itchy
04-30-2013, 12:59 AM
I had a bone spur that was not that big which was the easy fix. They cut and lengthened the tendon at the bottom of the foot. I had at least 2 weeks no weight bearing and then a support boot. If you had surgery soon you should be OK for August. Since the surgery I have not had any reoccurance of symptoms.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2013, 10:27 PM
I had a bone spur that was not that big which was the easy fix. They cut and lengthened the tendon at the bottom of the foot. I had at least 2 weeks no weight bearing and then a support boot. If you had surgery soon you should be OK for August. Since the surgery I have not had any reoccurance of symptoms.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I do appreciate it. How long was it before you totally recovered? How long has it been since your surgery? Was it just a quick outpatient thing?
Seriously considering tonight. Painful day. Ice just makes it hurt worse.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-30-2013, 10:29 PM
And so by no weight-bearing you mean crutches?
Do you have to wear a brace at night?

Itchy
05-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Sorry for the long delay with an answer but my laptop broke down. Services were yesterday and no replacement yet. I am using my tablet.

I used crutches for about 3 weeks no weight bearing. I could not go upstairs ( 2 story home ) so I slept in my recliner. I then wore a boot on the foot for at least 3 weeks but was able to work since I had a desk job.

I think recovery time will depend on what they do and your Dr. I have not regretted having it done 3 yrs and no pain.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Sorry for the long delay with an answer but my laptop broke down. Services were yesterday and no replacement yet. I am using my tablet.

I used crutches for about 3 weeks no weight bearing. I could not go upstairs ( 2 story home ) so I slept in my recliner. I then wore a boot on the foot for at least 3 weeks but was able to work since I had a desk job.

I think recovery time will depend on what they do and your Dr. I have not regretted having it done 3 yrs and no pain.

Thank you! I had just about talked myself out of it, but it is encouraging to hear you have no regrets and have had 3 painfree years!