PDA

View Full Version : Your dream job?

Katzateer
04-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Other than working at Disney or your present job, what would be your dream job?

I think I would be a great nature photographer and would LOVE to have been an artist working on those huge store windows in NYC or Chicago. I got to do windows on a smaller scale for a few years and loved it.

Scar
04-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Managing my assets after I win the lottery.

WishingStar2006
04-29-2013, 10:00 AM
:funny::funny::funny:

Jeff, I have no idea who you are...but that's the funniest response I've seen on these boards...thanks for a Monday morning giggle...and good luck on the lottery!

ps...if you need an accoutant to help manage those winnings...let me know :mickey:

Dulcee
04-29-2013, 10:41 AM
DH and I just had this conversation last night.

If we could afford I'd walk away from my doctoral program in a heartbeat to start a bakery. Mostly breads, some pastries. There is nothing that makes me more content then when I'm kneading a loaf of bread, knowing what it will become.

Sigh... the running joke is after I get the PhD, land a job teaching, get financially stable THEN I'll quit and open PhD Breads..

Janmac
04-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Sigh... the running joke is after I get the PhD, land a job teaching, get financially stable THEN I'll quit and open PhD Breads..

This is funny. AND happens a lot. :D

First my sister went to a tech school for a year for Operating Room tech. No experience, so no job. While she was working as a file clerk for a large insurance company she went to college part time until she got a business degree. Almost the day after graduation, she had the chance to work as an OR tech. When she asked was she dumb to take that instead of looking for job with the business degree, I said, nope. A paycheck is a paycheck and you never know where you'll end up. A few years later, she was able to leave the OR for a desk job in the same hospital, managing the OR supplies, for a considerable raise in pay, because of the business degree. She loved being an OR tech but really likes the challenges involved with managing the supplies, except for other folks not keeping up their end.

Good luck with your PhD bakery. :thumbsup:

Jan

Katzateer
04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Managing my assets after I win the lottery.

:thumbsup:

PirateLover
04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Host of a travel show or maybe a travel writer/blogger. I love to write, but only about things I like...and I like to travel ;)

Janmac
04-29-2013, 11:00 AM
I like Jeff's dream job and might have to appropriate it as I have already had my dream job.

For many years I worked as a Civil Engineering tech which involved a whole range of stuff - from drawing plans, writing specifications, writing grant applications, figuring cost estimates, surveying, and testing of construction materials , which mostly involved soil and aggregate but sometimes concrete and asphalt.

One day as I was testing some soil, I realized I was getting paid to play in the dirt. Something I loved to do as a kid. :thumbsup:

Jan

BuddyL4
04-29-2013, 12:03 PM
I used say I wanted to work at NASA or Disney and thought both would be equally technically challenging :cloud9: but for now I am content to make rocket engines for satellites :yoda: maybe someday go up and fix them! Not sure the family would like that though...

DVC2004
04-29-2013, 12:20 PM
I would love to do something in fashion such as buyer for a high end store. I love clothes, accessories, jewelry, etc. Or something creative with fashion but not a designer. Complete opposite of what I do in my real life.

I actually did work for Disney not that long ago in a non-theme park role. It was an experience to say the least. I said for a while that was my "dream job".

caryrae
04-29-2013, 12:35 PM
I remember this job in the news that 1000's of people tried out for that someone got paid like a 6 figure income to take care of a tropical Island for like 6 months.

SBETigg
04-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Host of a travel show or maybe a travel writer/blogger. I love to write, but only about things I like...and I like to travel ;)

I would watch or follow.

I would be a screenwriter for the movies or TV. It's not too far from what I do now, but I think it would be fun. But probably a lot more stress than my current gig, which is admittedly pretty sweet, though I wish it paid better.

hoop de do
04-29-2013, 02:31 PM
I got my dream job after I retired.
Being Grandpap:old: to my granddaughter:girl: (3yr) and grandson (1wk).:babyroll: We are planning their WDW trips already. The monetary pay isn't very good but the returns on my investment (son & daughter) is off the charts.
We have a trip planned for next year (Look out Disney).
:cloud9::woohoo::thumbsup::thumbsup:

barnaby
04-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Marine Biologist studying Great Whites somewhere

I have the degree but got in the civil engineering field out of college because it paid more. And here I've remained. Not that's it a bad gig, I do enjoy coming to work everyday. My office is 5 mins from the NJ coast and one of our clients is a coastal town, so I get my share of marine life. :thumbsup:

BriarRose0708
04-29-2013, 03:37 PM
Professional dancer and/or figure skater. Hey, you said 'dream!'

I did traditional Russian style ballet for 23 years as a hobby and now teach in my spare time. I wouldn't have made it very far in the professional world of ballet but every time I go to NYCB or even the local dance school's recital I get very jealous of those ladies on stage. What they do is SO difficult. I've only figure skated recreationaly and taught myself how to do a couple cool things (because what's skating other than ballet on ice, really?) but when I was 8 I would tell everyone I wanted to be Kristi Yamaguchi. I still do :cool:

Ian
04-29-2013, 05:25 PM
I'd be an ER doc. That's the kind of position that would suit me perfectly.

Capt_redshirt
04-29-2013, 07:28 PM
What i do in my free time i would love to be paid for.... i am a photographer a blogger and a soon to be podcaster in my spare time. If i could make this into a career i would in a heartbeat

Ed
04-30-2013, 06:45 AM
Independently wealthy retiree. :spend:

Either that or Captain of one of the Disney Cruise Line ships. :captain:

Melanie
04-30-2013, 08:49 AM
I'd actually love to own a florist. I think it's be fun to create beautiful flower arrangements. :flower:

princessgirls
04-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Event planner for big corporate events!!

Working for a company that spares no expense!

I am blessed though that I have a very rewarding job working in adoption. I do the event planning here, and really enjoy it.

Julie:mickey:

caryrae
04-30-2013, 11:07 AM
I love technology and am always on Technobuffalo and Engadget sites reading about new stuff. I think it would be fun to go to the Conferences where companies show off their new and upcoming products and then being able try them out.

brad192
04-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Tour guide for one of the companies that raft the Grand Canyon. :D

What a work environment! Lots of excitement, a little bit of danger, outdoors in the fresh air & sunshine, interacting with happy tourists, and of course, the VIEW! Of course, you'd have to like being wet a lot...;)

Kenny1113
04-30-2013, 09:46 PM
I really like the idea of managing assets after winning lottery ;) , but If I had to work

Samantha Brown's job
Voice over work
Photographer
Own my own bakery

sportsguy2315
05-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Already did the Disney thing, so that's checked off my list. Even the job I have lined up after college (Telecommuting to my aunt's law firm in Orlando) is pretty lucrative, I just need to negotiate site visits into my contract :secret:.

In all seriousness, I'd love to get back on radio. Did a couple internships in high school, and had a lot of fun with it.

taleasoldastime
05-05-2013, 10:52 AM
My dream job would be a hippotherapy instructor for children. I love horses and children and watching the miracles that can happen when they form a bond.

KylesMom
05-07-2013, 12:23 AM
My current gig for the last ten years has been working for a home safety company that saves lives with their products - which, when you see the testimonials about how we've saved their families is quite fulfilling. Much much MUCH better than some of the industries I've been involved with in the past.

Dream job? Already do it on the side. Help others discover the Disney that I know and love! :mickey: